“Thavorn.. An Amazing World!!”

Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Mumbai
“Thavorn.. An Amazing World!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Thavorn Beach Village and Spa… Where to Start… It’s an amazing world in itself!!!

#Beautiful #Exciting #Service at its BEST #Helpful #Serene #Ocean View Jacuzzi #Fantastic Rooms #Good Food #BeachBeds #Green Ocean #Pier Visit in Golf Cart

I and my Wife had visited Thailand in July 2014. It was a special trip as it was our Honeymoon!!! Phuket was the first place.

Greeted by Flowers, Fruits and Drinks, we entered Thavorn. After doing Check In formalities, which were quite quick, we were taken up to our Room Or should I say Villa… First in a Golf Cart.. and then on a Thavorn Special Trolley/Cable Car. Truly, its exciting that every time you travel from your room, its in this Cable Car.

Rooms: On entering the room, we had beautiful, artistic, Thai Special, Ducks (Made from Towels) greeting us with flowers. We had taken Ocean View Room. It was Serene from the Private balcony, where we had Rest Chairs and Personal Jacuzzi.  Bathrooms, were sexily designed.

Next morning, even though we were late for Breakfast, and moreover as we are Pure Vegetarians, they made special efforts to provide Veg Food. Anything which was possible to serve they served it in Veg. Specially, the Fruits are awesome.
My wife even taught the Chef a Gujarati Sabji, and they were ready to help as there was a little problem of Vegetarian Food Nearby.

Swimming pool is Awesome and Huge and Beach Facing. Green Ocean welcomes you to the Thavorn’s Private beach, where you have Rest Chairs and even Beds lined up for your comfort and Experience to sleep beside the Sea. You have an amazing view from the beach of the Ocean as well as Other Beaches.

All In All, It was an Amazing Experience in Thavorn. Thanks to all the people Serving there!!

Room Tip: If you like, Beach Facing, there are Direct Beach Connect Rooms. Even, the high Rise, Ocean Rooms ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PratikRavani
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort and your kind comments about our levels of personalised, friendly service.

I am delighted that you enjoyed spending your honeymoon with us and that we were able to offer many special touches to make this a memorable occasion.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort again in the near future

Director of Marketing Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I went over with my boyfriend for 5D4N over my birthday week. Check in was swift enough, staff were wonderful and have no problems with communicating in English. Special shoutout to Noi and Patrick for their kindness and great service. So much that we are planning to go back next Feb! Haha see u again Noi :)

We booked a beach front chalet and I must say it was awesome waking up to the beautiful sight and sounds of the ocean. The chalet was clean and modern, amenities were ample and the outdoor style bathroom was an interesting touch!

There is no wifi in the rooms. Initially it bothered us a bit, but we realized that it just made us get off our devices and really soak in our surroundings. So not a big deal for me eventually. We would get back online in the mornings when we have breakfast or in the afternoon while lazing by the poolside cafe. There is public wifi in the restaurants though not strong.

Thavorn is truly something, not your usual resort. It is located away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but close enough that it is merely 10-15min drive away. We rented a motorbike for THB350 per day and that basically allowed us to zip around the island on our own. So no issues with the location of the hotel or the 3 times per day shuttle service that the hotel offers.

Overall, we loved the place enough that we are already planning our next trip to Thavorn Beach Village and Spa! Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Isabel W
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star review rating and for recommending our resort to other guests.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Beach Front Cottages and enjoyed the special feature of our semi-outdoor bathroom with rain shower.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in February and I am pleased to update you that all our rooms are scheduled to have free Wi-fi available by then.

Whyalla, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2014

What can I say it was great FUN !!!!!!!!! my wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. Upon arrival they had no record of our reservation however it was booked with a third party so do not know who was at fault, the hotel staff did their best and gave us a complimentary meal and spa treatment. Overall it was a very relaxing and enjoyable place to be we would go again and enjoy the same great smiles and polite staff that made our trip in Thailand all the more fun. We loved the rabbits and the chickens A GREAT PLACE TO STAY.........very very peaceful. Throughly recommend the pool access Villa.

Room Tip: pool access Villa
2 Thank Mark M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review and for your feedback regarding the relaxing environment of our resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a peaceful stay and that we were able to rectify the issue with your reservation quickly and without detracting from your overall experience.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My best girlfriend and I travelled to thailand for a relaxing girls week. Thavorn provided one of the most amazing travel and accomodation experiences I've had to date.
The staff are extremely courteous, helpful, but most of all kind. We made friends with the staff from the bar and restaurants on the first day. Nothing was too hard, and service was delivered with absolute professionalism and a massive smile!!!
We'd personally like to thank the food and beverage manager Koy who was absolutely wonderful to us and made sure our stay was perfect. We looked forward to seeing her smiling face at breakfast every morning.
The food is impeccable, cocktails amazing, prices are reasonable for a resort and the setting is pristine.
Thavorn prides itself on being sustainable and Eco friendly, much effort is placed on the preservation of the land and bay in which the resort is nestled.
The rooms were clean, open , and with fabulous views of the bay. We had a villa up on the mountain which provided brilliant views and a beautiful sea breeze. To get to these rooms you must take a cable car which takes about 5 mins all round. I could see some of the other guests getting frustrated at this arrangement, but we loved it. We thought you're on holiday, chill out!! It's was a really cool and quirky way to get up the mountain.
All in all, this place is perfection and I would go back in half a heart beat. Thankyou Thavorn for everything!!!

Room Tip: We loved the mountains side villas.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review and for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our resort with your friends.

We pride ourselves on offering a kind, courteous and friendly service to all our guests, so I am delighted you felt such a warm connection with our staff.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to our resort again in the near future.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Checked in on the 16/8 with a booking thru agoda. However, upon arriving they could not locate my reservation and hence a 30 min wait. Well, not a big deal. Finally they came back and said they found my reservation and the location was fantastic. I was eagerly anticipating how luxurious my jacuzzi on the balcony with sea view perch on a hill could be only to find out that I have been located at the furthest end of the hill on the 4 th flt. I went in and discovered that the hot water, safe and jacuzzi bath tub wasn't working. Told the engineer to come over to fix but only the hot water was restored. The jacuzzi could not work and on top of that every time I tried to fill the tub the water will leak out from the side of the villa. Hence I asked for a change from the second night onwards.

I asked the receptionist who in turn asked her manager to make that change happen. And guess what. They put me in the furthest room again when there are many empty rooms in between and to rub it in Wifi wasn't working.

Generally it's not the best place to stay, not sure if it's because I got a cheaper deal thru agoda and hence the less than desirable treatment. Anyway, it's a 3 star at best. I travelled ard the world as a pilot and have stayed in many great accoms. This one is definitely over rated. Not recommend for family and friends.

1 Thank GohH76
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback of our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us did not meet the high standards of service we set out for all of our guests.

I can assure that we strive to provide a fantastic holiday experience for each of our guests, regardless of how they book with us. Where our level of service was below that of which we expect, we will take the necessary action and your comments have been raised with the appropriate departments.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and that we will exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

With a beautiful grand entrance, smiling staff to greet you and what would have to be the most tranquil gardens and surroundings I have come across, this is the place to relax!
The beachside villa was perfect. Open the door, a few steps and you're on the beach...then the Andaman Sea lies in wait. You swim when the tide is in as the submerged beach is coral and that coral is home to schools of fish. Don't forget your mask, snorkel, goggles and fins!
There are day beds spread out along the beach if you want to laze away with a good book, or just catch the warm breeze and have a snooze.
Breakfast is plentiful with fresh fruit, juices, cereals, cooked foods, pastries and of course, eggs how you want!
'Old Siam' has a great traditional Thai menu and the food is faultless. 'Marissa’s' has a cross section of Italian, Thai and western traditional food. I didn't experience anything other than Thai, but I spoke with other guests who experienced different dishes, and the food was to their liking.
There is a gym, Aud, the activities coordinator takes Yoga class in the mornings, Table tennis, canoes, beach volley ball, beach soccer, Thai language and cooking classes. Plenty to do, but you also have Patong, Karon, Kata, Kamala, Surin and Phuket town. The hotel can organise trips, or before you leave, make contact with www.phuketshuttle.com and they will collect you at the airport. I highly recommend them. Tommy and his brother Noi are excellent!
The staffs are friendly and always smiling. Mind you, if you make the effort to greet them in Thai, they never forget you and will not pass you without greeting.
My advice is; Unpack and have a swim in the sea then go for a wander around the amazing gardens. Read the tablets placed around the gardens and immerse your self in the beautiful Thai culture. Eat their food and talk with them, they are an amazingly simple, honest people that want you to enjoy your experience in their land.
I’ll be back!

Room Tip: Loved the beach front villa with the breeze flowing through.
1 Thank john c
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort and for your kind comments about our friendly, smiling staff and beautiful resort grounds.

I am delighted that you found our exotic gardens to be the most tranquil you have come across. We strive to provide the most relaxing experience possible for our guests and for this reason we have resisted the urge to develop our land further , in favour of providing guests with spacious, tropical surroundings home to 1000s of species of colourful flowers, plants and trees.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future .

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great location loved the stay but some of the reception staff had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what they were doing. In short I was presented with a hotel bill despite already paying via hotels.com while checking out and despite showing them all documentation......that's not all .....after being re assured that it WAS a mistake on arriving back in Australia my credit card was charged by the hotel. Thanks to Hotels.com who refunded me what I paid them ( because calling the hotel myself would have been like banging my head on a wall).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Arnab D
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback of our resort. I am pleased to hear that you loved your stay with us, despite some issues that detracted from the overall positive experience

I have noted your comments concerning a misunderstanding with your reservation and where necessary, staff will be re-trained to ensure this type of issue does not happen again.

We constantly strive to improve our overall guest experience and will use your feedback to guide future service improvements.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and that your stay will merit a five star review.

Director of Marketing Communications
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 36 in Kamala
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort)
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!