“Try this place”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Whyalla, Australia
“Try this place”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

What can I say it was great FUN !!!!!!!!! my wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. Upon arrival they had no record of our reservation however it was booked with a third party so do not know who was at fault, the hotel staff did their best and gave us a complimentary meal and spa treatment. Overall it was a very relaxing and enjoyable place to be we would go again and enjoy the same great smiles and polite staff that made our trip in Thailand all the more fun. We loved the rabbits and the chickens A GREAT PLACE TO STAY.........very very peaceful. Throughly recommend the pool access Villa.

Room Tip: pool access Villa
2 Thank Mark M
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review and for your feedback regarding the relaxing environment of our resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a peaceful stay and that we were able to rectify the issue with your reservation quickly and without detracting from your overall experience.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Director of Marketing Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My best girlfriend and I travelled to thailand for a relaxing girls week. Thavorn provided one of the most amazing travel and accomodation experiences I've had to date.
The staff are extremely courteous, helpful, but most of all kind. We made friends with the staff from the bar and restaurants on the first day. Nothing was too hard, and service was delivered with absolute professionalism and a massive smile!!!
We'd personally like to thank the food and beverage manager Koy who was absolutely wonderful to us and made sure our stay was perfect. We looked forward to seeing her smiling face at breakfast every morning.
The food is impeccable, cocktails amazing, prices are reasonable for a resort and the setting is pristine.
Thavorn prides itself on being sustainable and Eco friendly, much effort is placed on the preservation of the land and bay in which the resort is nestled.
The rooms were clean, open , and with fabulous views of the bay. We had a villa up on the mountain which provided brilliant views and a beautiful sea breeze. To get to these rooms you must take a cable car which takes about 5 mins all round. I could see some of the other guests getting frustrated at this arrangement, but we loved it. We thought you're on holiday, chill out!! It's was a really cool and quirky way to get up the mountain.
All in all, this place is perfection and I would go back in half a heart beat. Thankyou Thavorn for everything!!!

Room Tip: We loved the mountains side villas.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review and for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our resort with your friends.

We pride ourselves on offering a kind, courteous and friendly service to all our guests, so I am delighted you felt such a warm connection with our staff.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to our resort again in the near future.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Checked in on the 16/8 with a booking thru agoda. However, upon arriving they could not locate my reservation and hence a 30 min wait. Well, not a big deal. Finally they came back and said they found my reservation and the location was fantastic. I was eagerly anticipating how luxurious my jacuzzi on the balcony with sea view perch on a hill could be only to find out that I have been located at the furthest end of the hill on the 4 th flt. I went in and discovered that the hot water, safe and jacuzzi bath tub wasn't working. Told the engineer to come over to fix but only the hot water was restored. The jacuzzi could not work and on top of that every time I tried to fill the tub the water will leak out from the side of the villa. Hence I asked for a change from the second night onwards.

I asked the receptionist who in turn asked her manager to make that change happen. And guess what. They put me in the furthest room again when there are many empty rooms in between and to rub it in Wifi wasn't working.

Generally it's not the best place to stay, not sure if it's because I got a cheaper deal thru agoda and hence the less than desirable treatment. Anyway, it's a 3 star at best. I travelled ard the world as a pilot and have stayed in many great accoms. This one is definitely over rated. Not recommend for family and friends.

1 Thank GohH76
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback of our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us did not meet the high standards of service we set out for all of our guests.

I can assure that we strive to provide a fantastic holiday experience for each of our guests, regardless of how they book with us. Where our level of service was below that of which we expect, we will take the necessary action and your comments have been raised with the appropriate departments.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and that we will exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

With a beautiful grand entrance, smiling staff to greet you and what would have to be the most tranquil gardens and surroundings I have come across, this is the place to relax!
The beachside villa was perfect. Open the door, a few steps and you're on the beach...then the Andaman Sea lies in wait. You swim when the tide is in as the submerged beach is coral and that coral is home to schools of fish. Don't forget your mask, snorkel, goggles and fins!
There are day beds spread out along the beach if you want to laze away with a good book, or just catch the warm breeze and have a snooze.
Breakfast is plentiful with fresh fruit, juices, cereals, cooked foods, pastries and of course, eggs how you want!
'Old Siam' has a great traditional Thai menu and the food is faultless. 'Marissa’s' has a cross section of Italian, Thai and western traditional food. I didn't experience anything other than Thai, but I spoke with other guests who experienced different dishes, and the food was to their liking.
There is a gym, Aud, the activities coordinator takes Yoga class in the mornings, Table tennis, canoes, beach volley ball, beach soccer, Thai language and cooking classes. Plenty to do, but you also have Patong, Karon, Kata, Kamala, Surin and Phuket town. The hotel can organise trips, or before you leave, make contact with www.phuketshuttle.com and they will collect you at the airport. I highly recommend them. Tommy and his brother Noi are excellent!
The staffs are friendly and always smiling. Mind you, if you make the effort to greet them in Thai, they never forget you and will not pass you without greeting.
My advice is; Unpack and have a swim in the sea then go for a wander around the amazing gardens. Read the tablets placed around the gardens and immerse your self in the beautiful Thai culture. Eat their food and talk with them, they are an amazingly simple, honest people that want you to enjoy your experience in their land.
I’ll be back!

Room Tip: Loved the beach front villa with the breeze flowing through.
1 Thank john c
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort and for your kind comments about our friendly, smiling staff and beautiful resort grounds.

I am delighted that you found our exotic gardens to be the most tranquil you have come across. We strive to provide the most relaxing experience possible for our guests and for this reason we have resisted the urge to develop our land further , in favour of providing guests with spacious, tropical surroundings home to 1000s of species of colourful flowers, plants and trees.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future .

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Great location loved the stay but some of the reception staff had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to what they were doing. In short I was presented with a hotel bill despite already paying via hotels.com while checking out and despite showing them all documentation......that's not all .....after being re assured that it WAS a mistake on arriving back in Australia my credit card was charged by the hotel. Thanks to Hotels.com who refunded me what I paid them ( because calling the hotel myself would have been like banging my head on a wall).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Arnab D
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback of our resort. I am pleased to hear that you loved your stay with us, despite some issues that detracted from the overall positive experience

I have noted your comments concerning a misunderstanding with your reservation and where necessary, staff will be re-trained to ensure this type of issue does not happen again.

We constantly strive to improve our overall guest experience and will use your feedback to guide future service improvements.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and that your stay will merit a five star review.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I spent a few days here and were thoroughly impressed. From entering the lobby to being accompanied to our room to the entire stay, the staff was so courteous, attentive and accommodating. I decided to have a massage at the spa and was so glad I did. All of the stress and tired muscles from traveling just melted away. The rooms are nice and views of the beach and hillside are picturesque. The hotel gives special attention to plants, landscaping and sustainability which we support. The dining is excellent and we also enjoyed chicken wings, onion rings and drinks by the pool. All of their bakery items are prepared and baked on site. We are so glad we chose this hotel and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The hillside rooms have a wonderful beach and mountain view. The cottages are on the beach which ar...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sumalee4
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort, I am delighted that our friendly staff and natural environment created a positive impression during your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you support our efforts to be a natural and sustainable resort. We plan to have many more green initiatives in place in the near future, which we will be delighted to show you during your next visit.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed August 18, 2014

There is so much to like about this place. The hotel is spread out but connected by walkways that meander through well manicured landscaping that feature wood & stone carvings and water fountains. The rooms are neat and clean with tile floors and wood detailing. The staff is very accommodating and you can tell that they are well trained to meet the needs of their guests. The breakfast buffet features a wide variety of entrees to please the guests from different countries. The chef at the omelet station cooks an omelet to your liking in minutes. There are other dining facilities on the grounds as well as a poolside bar that offer tapas,drinks and desserts. We capped our final evening at the hotel with dinner on the beach. Imagine sharing grilled seafood, chilled Chardonnay and ocean breeze at sunset with your loved one. It was a memorable experience. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are cottages on the beach as well as rooms on the hillside for beautiful views.
1 Thank Sherman C
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort, I am delighted we provided a memorable experience for you during your stay.

We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, unobtrusive service, such as that found by guests in a Royal Thai household, so I am glad to hear you found our staff to be attentive to your needs.

Our candle lit dinners on the beach are the perfect romantic occasion to cap your holiday in Thailand, so I am pleased you enjoyed the experience.

Director of Marketing Communications
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach

Been to Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!