“Rubber Tomahawk”

Ranked #26 of 162 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: European, French, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ohlala Restaurant: one of the best and most original restaurants in Kamala with real traditional Thaï food, pizzas, pasta, European food and take away service. We also have our own bakery. Friendly atmosphere, very good food for reasonable prices.
Reviewed November 8, 2018

I have been there with my uncle and his wife "eq10001". I will let the pictures speak for themselves. We wanted half of the Tomahawk medium rare and the other medium well. They gave us well done, the whole thing. wow. We know how to handle with many guests dissatisfaction but she was very rude and so was the rest of her staffs. I know how it is there will be a bad day at work but we felt attacked by her attitude. NEVER WILL I GO BACK.

Date of visit: July 2018
ohlalakamala, Propriétaire at Ohlala, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2018

IMPOSSIBLE ... how to cook a tomahawk half rare and the other half well
if you really came to us you would know that we have the grill table

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Pizzas in Ohalala must be mentioned - they are exact what you need when pizza craving hits. Many places offer pizza, but these are my favorites. Steaks are of good standard and I like the flexibility with the menu. They will accommodate your wishes to modify the dish in case there is something you do not like in it or versa vice.

Takes away works fine as well. I pick tv dinners when around.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Love your pizzas and meatballs also you do a great Tom yum. Been coming here since 2014 and it’s always great!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

From the start this was a very bad experience... we had to call in advance to order our tomahawk and we also explained that we wanted half cooked medium rare and half cooked medium well... immediately the staff tells us that they can’t do that because the tomahawk comes in one piece and we can only cook it one way and if we wanted to cook it more we would have to do it ourselves at the table...wtf?...that was the owner not the staff...so we say ok just cook it medium rare...
Once we finally arrived there was an issue with the parking... I parked in the same spot I parked in during another visit to this place for lunch and was immediately approached by staff telling me I couldn’t park there...but I explained I parked there for lunch what’s the problem...I was bored by some story about their issues with their neighbors...like why is that my problem?
After I sat at the table we wanted to order our sides but the staff said they already cooked fries for us... I didn’t order fries so I asked to change it... immediately the staff said no no u can’t change it... if we change it we have to pay extra...No no go get the manager...management doesn’t come but the staff does and says ok we can change the side...finally the tomahawk shows up looking like a piece leather...over cooked and burnt most of my steak...as u can assume I wasn’t very happy at all and wanted the manager or the owner to come look at my medium rare steak which was now well done... she didn’t know what to say and was very uncaring...she could only say I’m sorry and we can make it up to us the next visit...no I’m never going again!!!
A 3500thb tomahawk over cooked what a waste!!!
The owner finally agreed to discount the piece of charcoal steak but I have to say this was the worst tomahawk experience ever... never again!!!! The mixed salad was just iceberg lettuce and the mashed potatoes...dry as baby powder!!!
I don’t think my dog will even eat this poor steak!!!
Unbelievable!!!
Bad service...incompetent staff and owner!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

After 10 days with Thai food we needed a break . This restaurant have we tried once but it was for lunch, some small Thai dishes, very average , but they got also some steaks, so we went there again for dinner. I was a bit suspicious but given it chance and it was really good. Can even compare steaks quality with European
Good place for alternative food

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Ohlala? Share your experiences!