“Nice steaks”

Ranked #26 of 162 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: European, French, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ohlala Restaurant: one of the best and most original restaurants in Kamala with real traditional Thaï food, pizzas, pasta, European food and take away service. We also have our own bakery. Friendly atmosphere, very good food for reasonable prices.
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

After 10 days with Thai food we needed a break . This restaurant have we tried once but it was for lunch, some small Thai dishes, very average , but they got also some steaks, so we went there again for dinner. I was a bit suspicious but given it chance and it was really good. Can even compare steaks quality with European
Good place for alternative food

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Great corner restaurant with an impressive menu of food options including Thai and western food. We came here twice, first time to takeaway and a second time because the food was good, and this time some of us went for the mookata (Thai bbq/hotpot).

On our second visit with the whole family of 6 adults and 4 kids, the service was appalling... the staff seemed disinterested to serve us and initially we were not sure why. We were determined not to let that dampen our spirits as it was the last day of our vacation (and also because we really wanted mookata), so we put up with it. Sometime during the meal, one of the staff asked if we were from a certain country. We said no, and suddenly the staff were all smiles and service improved tremendously. Huh?! Sure, our big family was boisterous and at times it seemed everyone was talking all at once and asking for this and that or changing our minds on our orders, but surely that's no reason for the hostile treatment, especially if we were obviously tourists and paying customers. Regardless of whatever bad experiences they might have had with previous groups of customers (whether from a certain nation or otherwise), it does not justify the staff's attitude.

I'm rating 4 stars because we genuinely enjoyed the food, but were baffled by the second experience. Also, our trip was in February 2017 (not July 2017 but the TripAdvisor portal doesn't allow me to go any further back) so this review is way late; I'm writing a review for different experience and thought I should add this one cos it's of the weirder experiences I've ever encountered.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Nice place, with nice food. But staff(((( no one greeting guests. Their face look like customer annoying them. During take a order no any single word. When serve the food, staff talking to each other by turn the face from the customers. I had to brought sauce box and tissue to my table by myself. Is it normal? Very sad that in this good place such kind of service. Staffs not smiling to customer at all.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Good place to have a diner with friends, very warm ambiance, the bar is fun with good ambiance. The tartar was excellent. Located on the main road, very easy to find and to park the car.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

We eat most meals here. Special fried rice is awesome. Pizza is great also. Olivera is my favorite. Consistent quality. Fast service and reasonably priced for quality food. Decent quality motorbikes to rent also.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Ohlala? Share your experiences!