“Amazing!!! Wish we could have stayed longer!”

Grand Bleu Ocean View Pool Suite
Ranked #21 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Kamala
Phuket, Thailand
“Amazing!!! Wish we could have stayed longer!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I surprised my boyfriend with one night at this place and he was blown away!
The photo's on here are exactly how it looks, but of course it is always better in person! I had inspected the hotel before the surprise and to book the suite. As it was my boyfriend's birthday they upgraded the room for free! I was so impressed with the hospitality.
The staff spoke english very well so that was no problem. The room was great, very luxurious. The view was breath taking and unforgettable. The pool was clean, no chips in the tiles, the overall place was very well kept.
If you plan to travel around Patong you will have to get taxi's. I would probably suggest only staying here for the luxury of the hotel and if you have a hire car.
There are many pool suites in Phuket that are very expensive, this place is a cheaper alternative but will still blow your mind!
I will never forget this place!

There was no construction on the hotel when we stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a top room if they are available!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank AngeeNomad

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed there for I suppose 3 night ... on a freedon trip with my freinds.
All tired with a daily mundane routine, we were hoping to enjoy every bit of each other's company .....and indeed lovely city of Phuket.

..... The moment we entered ... it was a nightmare come true.
After an journey from Singapore.. we were in all mood to fresh and go strainght to clubbing. And we spend 2 hrs arguing with the staff .. why we are placed at such a terrible room.

We had booked a 3 bedroom pool villa .. at a whopping price .. and what we got is a noisy construction site.

The staff .. pathetically .. didnt do anything.

After a night out .. when I slept at 6am.. I was shocked and woken with a terrible headache .. and thinking that the building is falling.

someone is drilling and bringing down the next villa

Again the staff .. mentioned they were not aware .. I suppose even a deaf would hear from a mile.

They offered a small 4000 baht wavier .. when the rentan per day was 3-4 times that price.... and we generously refused.

There were "no managers" .. and the whole place was left on some small time staff .. which would need to call the "so called manager in France"????? And who wouldnt not talk to the guest.

Probably its an left over place for a rich .. who dont care.

Placed on a dark hill ... and a terrible/Construction everywhere .. all you get is noise and excuses.
hardly anything post late evening.

This is the worst of Thai hospitality.

Terrible, terrible, Terrible

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank NeerajB

Travelers are raving about these Kamala hotels

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The rooms are really great- large and comfortable, large private pool - even the hotels own photos do not do them justice. The staff are generally friendly. The biggest issue is that most of the staff do not speak any English. The menu in the restaurant is very average but the food is generally okay, however the breakfast is quite poor. The housekeeping was good. lots of little touches missing (no privacy card, no tea/coffee/kettle in room, no tours service, limited room service times and menu etc), With better management and not too much effort it could be fantastic. As it was we enjoyed our stay and would probably go back just because the room and pool were so nice and for a private pool it was very good value compared to alternatives we researched.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Enthuse W
melbourne
Reviewed February 13, 2013

For our Honeymoon my husband and I stayed in a one bedroom Pool Suite and IT took our breath away!!! The Set up is amazing with two bathrooms, Very clean and modern. Alfresco dinning area with fridge. Amazing INFINITY pool with million dollar views on the mountains and Andaman Ocean. I chose this place to celebrate my husband's birthday and ever so glad I did!!
Construction had finished by this stage and wern't disrupted by anything of the sort!
I can't believe the other reviews because we found the service exceptional! The Lady at reception who works 7 days is fluent in english and went out of her way to cater for our needs.
They even set up a surprise dinner on our balcony by the pool for my husband with your own waiter for the meals.

No wonder this place is NOT IN PATONG and is situated in the famous "Million Dollar Mile" of Nakalay Bay. Yes it's up a hill but it has to be for the stunning views. We caught taxis twice daily and each and every one of them picked us up and dropped us off at our door and had no problem driving up the hill.

This is a place for a couple/family wanting a quiet stay in a classy suit with amazing views to relax, wind down and swim all day! Stay in Patong town if you want to be around the sleaze, hustle and pollution of it all. We even elected to stay and extra night and payed a very reasonable rate which the reception quoted.

Room Tip: Room 222 was amazing. Any of the pool suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank youngCouple2getAway
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend & i chose to stay here for my birthday, our room was disgusting, we showed the maids & got upgraded only because they could see all the problems,after telling us their was no rooms available until they seen the room, the staff could not speak any English & were very rude when we arrived the bell boy watched us struggle to get our suitcases from the taxi, we went to have dinner at the restaurant & it took 25 minutes for a starter, not only did it take long but we found a hair in our food & left to Patong for a meal. the location is poor & the hotel is very hard to find. We bought another key for 500 baht & without us knowing they took the key from our room which was really annoying as we spent a good hour or so looking for it only to find they had taken the key back to reception (we had to ask reception if they had the key).They got our breakfast room service orders completely wrong. If i could give this hotel zero stars i would.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie B
schilde
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel looks beautiful on the pictures... but... The staff doesnt even speak English, after 19 pm theres Nothing happening at the hotel and taxi drivers never know the way to the hotel + some tuktuks dont dare drive up the hill where the hotel is located... Most of the guests were Asian...so maybe its more Asian friendly. I do not recommend this hotel if you want to see other things than a beautiful suite with a pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank alexandraipekdjian
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed in the 3 bedroom villa with pool for 8 days and although the room is great and the views breathtaking the service was apauling. We had to constantly contact reception everyday after getting back from the beach to bring us towels and toilet paper as house keeping would forget to do this. The door to our rooms were constantly left unlocked and they always would forget to bring us bottled water as promised everyday. We found it virtually impossible to communicate with staff as their English was poor to say the least.
We really enjoyed our time in our villa but it lacked the service considering the money we paid to stay there.
Food in the restaurant is great and breakfast was also really good.
Would probably not stay here again and find something that is slightly closer to town with better service. We are yearly travellers to Phuket but this has been the worst experience with a hotel that I have come across.

• Stayed January 2013