“Snorkeling from Kamala”

Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Kamala
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the beautiful underwater world of Thailand with us! We are a diving school in the heart of Phuket, in Kamala. We offer half day trips around Kamala, daytrips and multi daytrips to the most popular dive sites around Phuket, like Phi Phi Island, Racha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai and also Diving Safaris to the famous Similan/Surin Islands and Hin Daeng/Muang. The education is following by the rules and standards of PADI, SSI and CMAS, with very well trained and experienced instructors in different languages. Kids are also very welcome, because our teachers are special "Kids-Instructors". Our equipment is very well maintained and available in all sizes. Nitrox tanks are available and few times a year we doing night dives.We are open the whole year, but the high season starts from October to April.
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a great half day tour today on a longtail boat to an island and reef 30 mins from Kamala. Really friendly helpful service from the Scuba Quest team.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"sharks"
"safety"

Reviewed April 6, 2014

As a beginner looking to complete my open water certification (I did the education and contained dives at home in New York), my time with Andy, Monique, and the rest of the crew was all I could have hoped for and more. They were incredibly flexible, took care of just about everything, and really allowed me to get comfortable with the whole production that is diving. And Andy took some solid photos that I was able to bring back and show to family and friends. All in all, a fantastic experience.

1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I have been diving for 17 years now, all over the world.

Scuba Quest in Kamala is one of the best divingcenters we have been visiting. Moniqe and Andy are professional but also friendly and welcoming. Their focus on giving the customers an exiting,relaxing, and safe diving expirence is the reason why we are coming back year after year - by now 7 years.

This year we also went together with Andy to Similian Island, and had some of the best dives in many years. His ability to showing us places that was not (that) overcrowed with other divers, gave us a far better expirince than if we had been diving with an average divemaster

So if you are in Kamala or Phuket and want to go diving do not hesitate to give yourself the treat to dive with Scuba Quest.

1  Thank Hillesen
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have a strict Tripadvisor rule of only considering businesses with a high number of reviews. I would have missed out if I had not been forced to break that rule. Originally, I turned up my nose at Scuba Quest and made a beeline for Merlin Divers, but they were closed. Staying in Kamala, my only option was to head back up the road to Scuba Quest. Thank you Merlin!

I liked them immediately! In the scuba diving world, that means I trusted their expertise and professionalism. I only dive when I travel, so the first dive on a trip I am VERY anxious. Equivalent to a first time diver not a 13 year seasoned diver. I was also recently in a scooter accident and needed to work around a fine collection of bruises and scraps. Scuba Quest extended first class service. It sounds ridiculous, but I felt like a famous person receiving red carpet treatment. And I had a BLAST!!!

My first dive with Andy and Gochen (guessing) went so smooth that I became a bit cocky. I attempted to pass another diver on the line by switching sides. My reg tangled with the line leaving me inhaling seawater. I panicked 3 m below the surface and ditched my gear to kick to the surface. Gochen arrived first. He was completely focused on ensuring that I gathered myself and overlooked my huge birdbrain moment. Andy was equally as classy. I calmed down, geared back up and savored another awesome dive.

In all my years of diving, there is only one other dive center in Hawai'i that provides a diving experience that is 100% laid back and enjoyable. Even now, I am grinning from ear to recalling the beauty of the reef, thrill of the dive and the warm company of Andy and Gochen. I am planning on returning to Thailand, just so I can dive with them.

On a side note: At least for Kamala, there are number of fine business that are new to Tripadvisor. I also learned of a cheap hotel that is basic, but very nice. It is just up the road from the beach.

3  Thank CuriousTrvl
See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would highly recommend the Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala. My husband and I decided that we wanted to learn how to dive but we weren't sure about the cost or the difficulty etc. Both Andy and Monique were extremely competent and professional diving instructors as well as great characters and very friendly people. They made the whole diving experience much less scary and easy for beginners. Overall it was an amazing experience: we got to see some fantastic fish and learned a new skill which we will definitely continue in the future. The photos from our dive -which Andy took - are without a doubt some of our best honeymoon photos!

1  Thank LillyIsidoro