“The best diving center on Phuket”

Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Kamala
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the beautiful underwater world of Thailand with us! We are a small family diving school in the heart of Phuket, in Kamala. We offer half day trips around Kamala, daytrips and multy daytrips to the most popular dive sites around Phuket, like Phi Phi Island, Racha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai and also we doing live aboards to the famous Similan/Surin Islands and Hin Daeng/Muang.The education is following by the rules and standards of PADI and CMAS, with very well trained and experienced instructors in different languages. Kids are also very welcome, because our teachers are special "Kids-Instructors". Our equipment is very well maintenance d and available in all sizes. Nitrox tanks are available and few times a year we doing night dives.We are open the whole year, but the high season starts from October to April.
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best diving center on Phuket”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I have been diving for 17 years now, all over the world.

Scuba Quest in Kamala is one of the best divingcenters we have been visiting. Moniqe and Andy are professional but also friendly and welcoming. Their focus on giving the customers an exiting,relaxing, and safe diving expirence is the reason why we are coming back year after year - by now 7 years.

This year we also went together with Andy to Similian Island, and had some of the best dives in many years. His ability to showing us places that was not (that) overcrowed with other divers, gave us a far better expirince than if we had been diving with an average divemaster

So if you are in Kamala or Phuket and want to go diving do not hesitate to give yourself the treat to dive with Scuba Quest.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hillesen

Private
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“The Only Choice!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have a strict Tripadvisor rule of only considering businesses with a high number of reviews. I would have missed out if I had not been forced to break that rule. Originally, I turned up my nose at Scuba Quest and made a beeline for Merlin Divers, but they were closed. Staying in Kamala, my only option was to head back up the road to Scuba Quest. Thank you Merlin!

I liked them immediately! In the scuba diving world, that means I trusted their expertise and professionalism. I only dive when I travel, so the first dive on a trip I am VERY anxious. Equivalent to a first time diver not a 13 year seasoned diver. I was also recently in a scooter accident and needed to work around a fine collection of bruises and scraps. Scuba Quest extended first class service. It sounds ridiculous, but I felt like a famous person receiving red carpet treatment. And I had a BLAST!!!

My first dive with Andy and Gochen (guessing) went so smooth that I became a bit cocky. I attempted to pass another diver on the line by switching sides. My reg tangled with the line leaving me inhaling seawater. I panicked 3 m below the surface and ditched my gear to kick to the surface. Gochen arrived first. He was completely focused on ensuring that I gathered myself and overlooked my huge birdbrain moment. Andy was equally as classy. I calmed down, geared back up and savored another awesome dive.

In all my years of diving, there is only one other dive center in Hawai'i that provides a diving experience that is 100% laid back and enjoyable. Even now, I am grinning from ear to recalling the beauty of the reef, thrill of the dive and the warm company of Andy and Gochen. I am planning on returning to Thailand, just so I can dive with them.

On a side note: At least for Kamala, there are number of fine business that are new to Tripadvisor. I also learned of a cheap hotel that is basic, but very nice. It is just up the road from the beach.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank CuriousTrvl
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would highly recommend the Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala. My husband and I decided that we wanted to learn how to dive but we weren't sure about the cost or the difficulty etc. Both Andy and Monique were extremely competent and professional diving instructors as well as great characters and very friendly people. They made the whole diving experience much less scary and easy for beginners. Overall it was an amazing experience: we got to see some fantastic fish and learned a new skill which we will definitely continue in the future. The photos from our dive -which Andy took - are without a doubt some of our best honeymoon photos!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LillyIsidoro
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Diving the Phi phi Islands”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Diving in foreign countries can be very hit and miss, with resort equipment, and unknown levels of experience with dive shop operators. It was a pleasant surprise to have a very professional group of guides at Scuba Quest. While the visual appeal is not the same level as the Great Barrier Reef, it is comparable to the Western provinces of Fiji or that of Rarotonga. The boat dives are usually about 40 divers so it's essential that you are first in last out, if you want to maximize your diving experience. At a little over $100 AUD for three boat dives, breakfast, lunch and transport, well worth it if you find yourself with a spare day in Phuket. Andy and his team make it a pleasurable diving experience.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Peter K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Discovered Scuba Quest after being mucked about by their local competitor. Monique was reassuring and Andy & Mat were lovely, very professional & patient. I hadn't dived for 5 years and then only once, then I had a major panic on the 1st dive and had to get back in the boat. Andy offered to take me down on my own after the others came up for air. It was fabulous! I got the hang of it and my confidence was bolstered massively. No probs with the 2nd dive; went back to the hotel in the afternoon tired but very happy!

I did a 2nd days diving with Scuba Quest, this time off a big dive boat rather than a longtail, and had the lovely Andy to myself; He was so careful to look after me & ensure I had the best time. Andy took loads of photos of me & what we saw on the dives and I treasure them. This experience was great and made possible by the friendly, expert, professional team that is 'scuba quest kamala beach'.... Thank you so much for taking care of me & sparking a passion within me!!

Visited October 2012