“Great get-away from it all”
Review of Skyla's Beach House - CLOSED

Skyla's Beach House
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Skyla's Beach House is a beach house you can call your own!We are a Beach House that indicates something personnel, a house on the beach which is open for people to come an go as they please. Just like you would if you were stopping in at a friends house to say hello.You can snorkel out around the headland, swing a hammock in the shade, brown up laying on the soft sand or kickback on the lounge getting lost in your favourite book. The swimming is safe so the kids can run off and play till their hearts content while you make the hard decision of wether you will have a cold beer or a delicious cocktail.Throughout the day the Beach House plays a mix of funky, chilled international music and even the odd live act of a up & coming musician. The English speaking staff are very helpful in offering you advice on what other areas of Phuket to visit and things to see & do. They may even be able to teach you a little of the Thai language. Our venue being of a natural Thai style structure is nestled in the peaceful corner of North Kamala Beach, Phuket Thailand.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Found this great bar at the end of the beach. Very friendly owner who made us some great, refreshing mocktails. Wanted lunch but unfortunately, they weren't serving that do as they had a big party on in the evening. Would definitely recommend a visit for a lovely laid back view of the beach.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Kamala is not that big of a place, so I highly recommend that you get up off of your beach chair and take a walk to the farthest point to the north on the beach you can go. When you think you can't go any farther and aren't certain if you see the right bamboo hut, go with your gut feeling and wade through the shallow water a bit farther to foot of the steps of Skayla's. You won't regret it. The look and feel of the place is worth every step it took to get there. My boys absolutely loved jumping from the rocks into the water and playing on the huge rope swing. The staff were amazing with my sons and they showed them all of the cool nooks and crannies that were available. Paddle Boards, Surf Boards, Swings, and Jump Rocks - what more can a kid ask for? How about a great meal and the coolest views in Kamala? We weren't certain what to expect besides a great drink, but we were wrong to worry. My wife had these amazing Thai lettuce wraps and I had the Pad Thai with shrimp. All of the ingredients were fresh and crispy with a hint of spice. It was an absolutely stunning meal and an awesome evening. We liked it so much, we went back twice more. Sean was the best bartender/host we encountered in Thailand. Between Sean, the views, the Mojitos, the great food and ambiance, nothing can compete. Skayla's should be a required stop for the lucky few that endure the walk in the sand. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank kchef
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in for a soda while doing a hot beach walk during the day - I loved the treehouse vibe and cute bartender. It was a great relaxing place to kick back, listen to Marley, and ponder the universe.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I read your review top restaurant in Kamal , bull dust . I took my wife from Cape Sienna Hotel by taxi expecting a magnificent beach bar be que . We were dropped off in a dark alley and told to walk to the beach . We followed the instructions down a pitch dark alley to. Beach in darkness and saw lights in the distance and after a km found Skyla . If only we didn't .
A den of he'll , your top restaurant with fish . They don't even have a menu . We walked back in total darkness , petrified , hit the main road and finally flagged down a tuk tuk. By this time my wife is in hysterics and collapses . It is impossible that your grading is anything but manipulated .

My wife has recovered no thanks to your report , and the worst night of our lives

To fill in your following questionnaire below would be meaningless as this is not a restaurant
I am totally disillusioned with tripadvisor , this follows on from your great ratings of Sawadee which were also rubbish

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place rocks! One of the coolest bars I have ever visited. It's tucked away at the far end of Kamala Beach. At high tide you have to wade through water to get to the front steps/rocks. Loved the bare bones, beach bum vibe. Everyone was super friendly. The views of the bay are amazing. Can't think of a better place to let the day slip away with a few beers and cocktails. I want this place in my home town!!