“Best spot on earth. Fact.”
Review of Skyla - CLOSED

Skyla
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I found Skyla's by chance on my second visit to Kamala through word-of-mouth.

The staff are awesome, the food incredible, and the vibe is second to none.

There are many different events at Skyla's from SUP days, BBQs, Sea Breeze Cinema (on Friday nights, 8pm), so it's not just a bar/restaurant, but an activities hub.

The clientele vary from holiday makers, Thai locals, and people who have made Phuket their home, so there will always be someone around to help offer advice on the best things to see and do on the island - in fact, many of the people I met at Skyla's were my reason I decided to stay on Phuket, and make Kamala my home!

Can't recommend Skyla's highly enough due to to the staff that run it; Tim, Bew, Gift, Sun, Shaun and Pim - top job, guys!

2  Thank Nick M

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is an absolutely MUST do when you come to Phuket. Perched on the northern end of Kamala beach, Skyla offers a beautiful view of the beach complete with delicious cocktails (the Skyla cocktail of watermelon and lychee and the "Shy Thai", signature drink of bartender Sean.)
, the beach breeze and best music ever. We had organized an afternoon party for our girlfriend with 16 girls and they accommodated our every request. The food was mouth watering good and fresh and they kept the drinks cold and flowing. We spent the afternoon partying away. Last but not least, come here for the the friendliest and warmest people ever. Shout out to Tim and Sean who did such a great job! THANKS SKYLA!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice little bar in a small tree-house at the end of Kamala beach. Nice views over the sea and beach and quite an unexpected place right on the beach! Don't expect anything fancy but perfect for a beer away from the sun and crowds on the beach without having to leave it.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Besides the breath taking views, drift wood swing, being in a stunning tree house over looking the lapping waves, bean bags and hammocks, Skyla has so much more to offer. Having spent a month in Kamala I visited most of the bars and restaurants on the beach. Nothing compares to Skyla from the food made using fresh ingredients unlike lots of other restaurants on the beach. Also some fantastic BBQs whilst watching the sunset. The staff are the friendliest on the beach, giving advice about local area, culture, language and anything else they can help you with. Tim the partner is the coolest, nicest guy I have ever met... with some crazy dance moves and the best beard I am likely to see :) The music for me was also the best on the beach...too many play loud dance music but Skyla always had on either a great CD to relax to with a lovely cocktail but also a fantastic DJ, BenJay who played by far the best music on the island and created an incredible atmosphere without any horrible fast dance music. I also tried out paddle boarding for the first time which is a fantastic exercise and with some basic tutoring from the staff was straight up on my feet, I highly recommend it. Surf lessons are also available and popular too. Down to everything that Skyla has to offer you get a great mix of all sorts of nationalities enjoying themselves. If you are looking for great atmosphere, food, drink and time then I can not recommend Skyla enough, I would not have enjoyed my holiday anywhere near as much if I hadn't discovered it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went at night time for a couple of cocktails. Not very crowded, a bit of a far walk but definitely worth it. Staff was super friendly and cocktails were amazing. Would def go back.