“Superb staff, close to beach.”

Clear House Guest House
Ranked #10 of 46 Kamala B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Has to be right on beach for 5 stars, otherwise it deserves. Only one property between Kamala beach. Very clean and cleaned every day. The manager Lady helped us modify two flights over the phone, arranged a snorkel trip for and then, because they didn't have more vacancy and we extended our stay, found us an amazing room right on the beach at her cousin's place. Benjamin guesthouse.

Really makes the difference.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn P

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place was exactly what we wanted- basic, clean rooms, near the beach at a good price. We stayed in Kamala during the week of Dec 25 so hotel prices on the island were very high. We knew we would not be spending much time in our rooms so we searched for budget room in a good location.

What was good:
-great location (5 min walk to the beach, bars, shops, restaurants etc)
-quiet (no street noise)
-huge shower (lots of hot water)
-comfortable bed (a bit firm)
-simple furniture (ikea style)
-run by a nice family (rented us scooters and arranged transportation for us)
-free wifi (good connection)
-good air conditioning
-all the rooms are on the first floor with small patios
-price

What could be improved:
-bathroom is out dated
-quite a few marks on the walls (it may be time to paint the place soon)
-no in-room safe

We liked the laid back feel of Kamala and had a nice stay at Clear House.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank neige8
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed two weeks in Clear House Dec13/Jan14. Very nice and friendly staff. The rooms were clean.
The facilities are simple but what do you need when you are on a vacation in Thailand. You are not supposed to sit in the hotelroom all day. ;-)

They did not serve breakfast but half of my vacation I was in other places and my buddies stayed in another hotel so I ate there when I was in Kamala.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am leaving the "Clear House Resort" this morning after a great one night stay. Building is new and clean, great view over the pool and nice toast and tea for breakfast.
Clear House is two properties - the "Resort" comes highly recommended by me, value for money and nice staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Well, I think that the price is a little too expensive for the place (no breakfast for example, no view)
Personnal are polite, and have the smile.
You can also rent motorbike.
Five minutes to the beach, by foot.

Note that to pay by credit card, they demand +3% ?!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last year, and unexpectedly finding myself in Phuket again decided to stay again as had such a good experience then, read my review from 2012!

It still has a good location, the lady now in charge is helpful but it just needs a little TLC. A lick of paint here or there, and new bed linen (it was clean but had holes etc) would bring this place back. Otherwise I still like the vibe and the layout, but it needs to improve.

I'm afraid I wouldn't go back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

First time to visit Phuket, Kamala specifically and this place is such a wonder!!!
They don't have the beach front scenery, nor the pool area but the room was really spacious and clean, air-con was functioning well. Bathroom was bigger than what i have expected and the bed is good for perhaps 4 people.
There is a couple who are taking care of this chalet and they are really hospitable. They offer an airport service too for a fair cost.
If you are really looking for a relaxed and tranquil place then this one is the great choice..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family