“Dining with a view”

Plum Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 162 Restaurants in Kamala
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dinner is a great experience and at PLUM's we are all fired up! At the centre of your experience is the charcoal burning oven, bringing out the succulent best from our prime cuts of US and Australian beef. Equal attention is given to the fresh fish and seafood, along with an appealing choice of a la carte dishes and fine wines. Innovative and modern....walking a tasty line between 'steakhouse' and 'fine dining'. Come relaxed....leave inspired! PLUM PRIME STEAKHOUSE open daily 18.00 - 23.30 Well behaved kids above 7 years are welcome.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place caught our attention because of the fantastic view it offers and the dining area is actually surrounded by water. The staff recommended the place for steaks and I must say the price is not bad for a fine dining ambiance and also the view. They were offering some promotional set dinner but we opted for ala carte knowing that we wouldn’t be able to finish the full set. Service from the staff was excellent. We ordered lentil soup, mixed salads and angus beef. Presentation was excellent. While the beef was cooked according to our request, it was a little bit tough and we gave our feedback to the staff. The chef acknowledged that the supply wasn’t as good recently. We didn’t try any dessert as we were too full but they gave us hot lemongrass tea and dark chocolates to complete the meal. Although the steak didn’t really meet our expectations, it was still a great dining experience with the view and excellent service from the staff. Good place to dine if you want something special for your holidays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had plans to propose to my girlfriend on our travels. I was a bit nervous since I've been to Phuket a couple of times and it's not the easiest place to find a romantic and peaceful location. Spent hours of searching for a place and finally came across this restaurant. Called the restaurant to book a table and asked if they could help me out with my proposal plans. We talked and were helped by a man called - Alex -. He went the extra mile just to make my plans work.

I wanted the ring to be on the first "appetizer" dish and it had to be sealed so that when she would open the cover the ring would be in it. Alex told me that unfortunately they did not have such a plate that had a cover. HOWEVER he went to another restaurant just to get that for us, even though I told him that he really didn't have to. He had plenty of other good ideas, but he insisted on going with mine.

We arrive to this beautiful restaurant just before the sunset and of course everything goes better than I could hope, thanks to Alex. We have a great dinner, lovely drinks and just the best view the whole city has to offer.

I don't write a lot of reviews since I am a bit lazy, but really had to write this one since everything was just perfect.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

The food taste delicious, service is excellent and the view is incredible
Love to come back again to try the ibérico
Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Amazing food and excellent service! I came here to celebrate my birthday and my boyfriend had booked one of the sunken table. We were blown away by the spectacular sunset views. The staff were very accommodating and our dinner finished off with a complimentary birthday cake and song. We would definitely return and recommend this restaurant to our friends!

Reviewed April 27, 2019

We stayed four days and nights in Hotel Cape Sienna. One of the restaurants in the hotel is this Steakhouse. I don't know very well why it is called the steakhouse (I eat vegatarian most of the time, so the name didn't really attract my attention). But. From the moment I entered the restaurant, I knew we would have dinner there. The atmosphere is absolutely extraordinary and outstanding. Very romantic, especially when you can get hold of one of the private tables that are 'sunk' in the bottom, surrounded by water and with a view on the ocean, sunset view that is. It is the most beautiful site for a restaurant I have ever seen. So we booked, we sat at one of those remarkable tables and we enjoyed the food as well. We took the set menu, which was about 50€ each for 5 courses without drinks (we got an amuse bouche, then a three-part first course, a delicious soup, a two-part main course with a sorbet in between, and a two-part desert). The course looked and tasted like food in a restaurant with a Michelin star in Europe. It was a fantastic evening, the atmosphere, the table, the view, the food, the serving (really kind, and I found the 'uniform' of the staff very stylish - which tells you something about the style in general). So, if you are ever in Cape Sienna, or even around there, book a table (as for a 'sunk' one), and enjoy. You won't regret it.

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to Plum Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!