“Great experience”

Plum Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 150 Restaurants in Kamala
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dinner is a great experience and at PLUM's we are all fired up! At the centre of your experience is the charcoal burning oven, bringing out the succulent best from our prime cuts of US and Australian beef. Equal attention is given to the fresh fish and seafood, along with an appealing choice of a la carte dishes and fine wines. Innovative and modern....walking a tasty line between 'steakhouse' and 'fine dining'. Come relaxed....leave inspired! PLUM PRIME STEAKHOUSE open daily 18.00 - 23.30 Well behaved kids above 7 years are welcome.
Reviewed February 9, 2017

We came last year when it was not a steakhouse yet and enjoyed ourselves. This year we felt they stepped it up even further.
The atmosphere is great, the service was very friendly.
We ordered the Octopus and the Foie Gras and both dishes were visually stunningly presented. The Foie Gras comes under a smoked filled glass dome and once open a
Nicely fragranted scent of Rosemary evaporates. Beautiful tasting dish.
The Octopus came equally well presented and was another delight.
For mains we ordered from their lower priced Gras Fed range and were impressed with the quality of the meat. I had the Striploin which had just the right amount of fat and my boyfriend the Leaner cut Tenderloin. I am reading some reviews of fatty steaks…I can only assume they had Rib Eyes or Striploins and those cut indeed must have some fat. Choose a Tenderloin if you want no fat I would suggest.
They offer a good selection of house wines and we thought the Amarone by the glass was great value.
Although quite full we thought to at least have one dessert and choose the Single Malt chocolate Ganache which was the “icing on the cake”….so yummy.

Overall highly recommended.

1  Thank ploypailinn5

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

We had snow fish and steak as main courses - the taste, decoration of plates and service exceeded our expectation.

The dessert ginger cake and whisky chocolate were mind blowing. The prices are fair for what they offer, will be even better if can offer discount for Cape Sienna hotel guests.

Overall we highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely visit again next time here!

1  Thank AnitaW1173
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

Great place for a romantic dinner. We went for this and were just happy with both service and food. Location is as well great with nice view at night!

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for my friends 40th birthday celebration. I booked a sala table, really lovely. We both ordered a steak. Both weren't cooked as requed6and they where so fatty. It wasn't the biggest piece to start with. Nothing left after it cut the fat off. The staff new it wasn't great as they came no where near. When they came to clear up, they said OK. I said not great I'm afraid but they just cleared up and went. Saving grace to a very dissapointing meal was they sang happy birthday to my friend and gave her a cake. Wouldn't go back, sorry.

2  Thank lisajared
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

If money is no object then this is perfect but for ordinary people like myself I felt robbed. £70 for 2 steaks is outrageous plus the added service charge on the bill of £7 and vat on top too. Wouldn't have minded paying for that so much if it was a delicious meal but the steaks were no better than our local pub back in England

2  Thank Nites C

Been to Plum Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!