“Expected better service etiquette..”
Review of Diavolo

Ranked #35 of 139 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This being my first visit to phuket, I wanted to take my boyfriend out for a romantic evening and did considerable research to find the perfect restuarant with a great view.

I called on a Thursday morning to book dinner with Diavolo for Saturday evening. On asking the best time for the perfect view, i was advised to come around 7:30pm to catch the sunset from the restuarant.

On Saturday evening, I was in for my first dissapointment. While we were on our way yo the restaurant, the sun was already setting. This was around 6:20pm. By the time we got to the restuarant, it was 7:15pm and pitch dark. I was disheartened that we missed the spectacular view - the main reason why I booked diavolo!

The second shock- when we got to the place, the parking assistant informed us that the restuarant was closed for the day due to a private wedding dinner!!

The receptionist then confirmed that I did have a reservation but they were moving the dinner venue for all regular guests to another smaller restuarant in the hotel. This place was below the main diavolo restuarant and wouldn't have the same view.We were so upset that we immediately took the same cab back to patong.

AnyOne not staying at Paresa resort - please note that the resort is at a very remote location, uphill and spooky. Even our local lady taxi driver was scared to drive along the deserted route, so we paid her extra as we knew she wouldn't get any customers on her return trip.

So much effort and such a debacle! I am very disappointed. I would expect a restaurant of such high acclaim to have the basic ettiquetes of informing in advance if there are any changes to dinner reservation etc

5  Thank kalyani i

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Diavolo restaurant is situated in Paresa Resort, on a mountain road ten minutes from Kamala beach. The views from the terrace is stunning, the staff knowledgable and very friendly. The kitchen offers traditional Thai and Italian cuisine. We had dinner three times at this place and tried different dishes. All of them were very tasty with harmonic flavours. An absolute must do when in Phuket.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and l loved this restaurant so much we went back and would have again but he had to go back home.

FOOD:- the Italian chef is second to none, the food ranges from traditional Thai to Western and their range of plasters cannot be described. The produce is local, freshly made or caught. As far as drinks are concerned the restaurant has a wide selection that should cater for your needs.

SERVICE:- with all Thailand restaurants the language barrier can be hard but spoken slowly the order process is easy and any slight error corrected immediately. The service is at arms length, timely and a pleasant experience indeed. It's easy to tip the staff because they are good at what they do.....

LOCATION:- the restaurant is located in the hills of Kamala and overlooks the ocean and at sunset its one of the best views I've seen. My wife loved it.........while the area offers a good view regardless of where you sit, the trick is to book and ask for the corner table.......if you really want to impress they can organise fireworks which I will do next time

COST:- we spent on average $8,000 Baht for a 4 course meal for 2 including a bottle of wine and cocktails etc. One night l had eel, lobster, tiger prawns and soft shell crab, now that's value.......oh yeh my wife ate as well.

The only drawback is that at dark the lighting is poor and one doesn't get to see the full ideal presentation of the food and whilst l liked the seating / chair my wife found them to big and hard to move.

Overall if you are in Phuket / Patong or close to Kamala this is a must, you won't regret it.

Daniel Carroll

2  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were stuck on ideas as to where to eat in Kamala and after reading such good reviews here we gave it a go tonight. Well, glad we did!
From the stunning views to the fresh and contemporary vibe it was the ideal start to an amazing evening.
The food was beautifully presented and tasty with my beef meal cooked perfectly to my taste and ingenious cocktail selections on offer. Was it more expensive than most other restaurants? Yes. Was it unique and uber memorable? Yes. Do we recommend it as a special treat? Yes.
Do we want to return to this amazing restaurant? Well...of course. It is not the place to be penny savvy but we knew this and went looking forward to great food, and we got what we paid for. Great service and were even shown one of their rooms if we ever chose to stay with them... nice touch, and to top it off they offered to drop us off at our hotel for a small fee (same as a taxy fare).
Do yoursef a favour and try it, it is truly lovely if you get there at sunset and have a meal to remember.
Any questions please feel free to contact me. Cheers.

1  Thank mapsyd
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Chose this restaurant for a romantic dinner on our last night in Thailand, and it was a great choice. The view is just amazing and the atmosphere, decor and music choice is all geared towards an incredibly calm and relaxing experience. Such a contrast to the noise and bustle of Patong.

Make sure you get there before sunset and get a table on the terrace. If you can, call early (or a couple days before) and request the corner table for the best view. The terrace faces west so take a seat, grab a drink and chill out watching the sunset. Brilliant.

The service was very good, attentive and helpful. The one downside was probably the food. We ordered the Chef's Recommended Thai Banquet (for 2). It was good, but not great. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but we had eaten better Thai meals during our week in Thailand. It didn't quite line up with the cost of the meal, but really what you're paying for is the view and atmosphere.

I'd still highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a romantic meal or special occasion.