I have stayed at The Club Residence twice already and and cant wait to head back in January 2014. Yes, the place is set back just off the main road but once inside its very quiet and peaceful.
The two previous times I've been with my girlfriend and the other time my pal.
My apt was on ground floor only 10 footsteps away from the pool...great for an early morning dip !
Surrounded with lush well kept gardens you couldnt ask for more.
You have to remember, most of these apartments are privately owned...ours fortunately was fabulous, clean, everything you need...dishwasher, fridge,washing machine, tea/ coffee, kettle, flat screen tv, dvd player, cd player but I personally know the guy who owns it and he wouldnt have it any other way...he visits a few times a year and only rents it to close friends. I cant speak for the rest of them.
There is a maid service if you require it but we just kept the place clean ourselves. It doesnt take much to make a bed and wash a cup ! There is a washing machine if you want to wash your t shirts but we just took them to a laundry round the corner...they even ironed them...very cheap.
Kamala is a lovely place. When you come out of the Club Residence there are several bars / restaurants on either side of the road. Try the Aussie Bar for a ice cold beer and delicious burger ! Open early too for breakfast if you didnt want to make you're own in the apt.
If you want to get to the beach...take a left out of the 'Club' then down a road for about 200 meters (10 mins walk max). The road also has a couple of bars en route and a cheap internet cafe which I used to check emails and stuff.
If you want to phone home, purchase a phone card and use the phone box opposite the Club...much cheaper than using you're mobile.
The beach is beautiful, cheap sunbeds and not as crowded as Patong with several places to eat and enjoy a drink. Some great sunsets to be seen.
If you do want to venture in to Patong its about 10 min drive in a taxi/tuk tuk cost about 300 baht or do what I did and hire a moped for the week (cheap) if you cant be bothered to walk to the beach or get taxis to Patong !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Club Residence is a true hideaway on quiet Kamala Beach. The large pool is surrounded by a lush garden with sun beds and plenty of space. The Club Residence is located on the same side of the main road as the beach, which is within walking distance. The one and two bedroom apartments have fully equipped kitchens and all have cable-TV, air condition and safety boxes. High speed Internet is available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your The Club Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Club Residence Hotel Kamala
- The Club Residence Kamala, Phuket