“Best Thai food in a long time”
Review of White Orchid

White Orchid
Ranked #23 of 121 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai food in a long time”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Kamala not that far from the White Orchid. We thought to try it and by surprise the food was so delicious and reasonably priced compared to others in the area. It had been the best Thai food we have had. We went on two occasions during our week visit to Phuket. The table setting on the beach was beautiful and felt quite relaxing. The staff were friendly and overall experience was fabulous. Next time we go for another holiday we will definitely dine at the White Orchid again :)

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hong Kong, China
“Great Lunch Experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We came here for lunch on our stay near by - was a little surprised by the building - they are under construction for a new restaurant so it looked a bit like a construction zone, but dont let that scare you... (especially if you sit on the beach side, its no different)

The kitchen is fully up and running and the food is great - We had a delicious prawn curry and some satays.

Owner is super friendly and even helped us find a cab to our afternoon destination, also gave us a free little ice cream dessert.

Would definitely come back (apparently they do cooking lessons too) and am curious to visit once the main restaurant is finished.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly Owner that feels like home & Perfect Thai Food”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I went to White Orchid on Dec 15, 2013 with my friend. When the hotel driver dropped us infront of White Orchid Restaurant, to my surprise I got greeted by the owner. She has the warmest smile and friendliest auntie I ever met :) She is Auntie Angela.
The foods at White Orchid simply the best. I love the Thai salad with beef, it was so delicious until I really wanted more though it's spicy. And the spring rolls it's so so good! With the perfect night view on the beach. I enjoyed very much throughout the night at White Orchid.
Me and my friend decided to have our lunch on the next day before our departure. We told Auntie Angela about our plan tomorrow. And what we wanna try. So we had the Red curry with tiger prawns and pepper stingray. It was fantastic! and my fav dish Thai salad :) Auntie Angela make me feels like I am home and unforgettable moment.

Thank you Auntie Angela for your warm hospitality and the earrings! I definitely will visit White Orhid again!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Easy to navigate, Delicious authentic Thai food and definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

It so happened that I'm staying at Cape Sienna and trying to look out for good nearby restaurant and then I found White Orchid(5mins walk from our hotel and it situated right beside Grand Hyatt Hotel) in tripadvisor. Location was definitely easy to navigate.
Angela is such a lovely, bubbly, down to earth lady and she never fails to put on a smile on her face. She made me felt so welcome like a family. With wood table and wooden bench/chair placed along the road on the beach, you would love how the winds blows through your hair, the bright warm sun bathes your skin, waves sing to a perfect rhythm and sea breeze against your face.
I went to White Orchid for dinner and i'm so in love with their family recipe's food that I came back for lunch on next following day before I depart back to my homeland. There is few dish that you MUST MUST order, Spring rolls,Thai Chicken/Beef Salad, Red curry Tiger Prawn, Mango Sticky Rice, pepper string ray(upon request), steam whole fish. I wish I could try the rest of the food in the menu.*I will return Angela & Sophia. Btw, did I mention Sophia is the lady chef of White Orchid!
TQ Sophia for the delicious food and TQ Angela for the hospitality!

Singapore, Singapore
“True Thai hospitality & Authentic Food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Definitely a must visit for your stay in Phuket. The menu is very easy to navigate and Auntie is a wonderful host, able to help recommend a dish that is well suited for your flavor. It's a great place, away from the hustle and bustle of tourists.... the type of spot you want to keep as your secret hide away.

Food was amazing, staff was lovely. Auntie is amazing. Great history and really helps you connect to a home away from home!