we arrived late at night and check in was simple and friendly
the room was great clean and spacious with the family suite having 2 rooms the 2nd room having its own tv.( not sure about the review that claimed otherwise).
the room also had a facilties for coffee and a microwave along with basic crckery for those that like to prepare simple snacks etc.
Rooms were serviced daily and were kept immaculate for us even with all our shopping beach sand and wet towels daily so thanks again.
we had previously stayed at sunwing BangTao and this resort is almost identical.I wouldnt hesitate to stay at either but Kamala is probably the better location being more central to the island.
The restaurants were clean and the staff friendly especially SAN.
The management of the resort is friendly and first class stopping to say hello and said he remembered us from out stay at Bang Tao which was a nice touch
The pools were cleaned at well maintained, during our stay 2 pools were closed on a rotating basis for maintanance but that was no inconvenience as there were 5 others to use along with the pool bar and kids pool.
prices at the resort are very reasonable and not overpriced,but to save a little bit there is a 7/11 nearby as you head to the beach turn left and walk back over the foot bridge into Kamala town and it is about a 300 meter walk. Good for stocking up on snacks for day trips.
The kids club has a variety of activities daily from colouring and painting vidoes etc.
the girls played with the kids and made them feel welcome all the time.
At night there was differnt entertainment such as bands or a magic show along with movies shown projected onto the back wall wher the kids couold sit and watch. my 3 year old was hard to feed as all she wanted to do was go and play with the other children.
Massages at the resort are fantastic and same price a those on the beach at 300 baht per hour. We had one most days.
The kids love the resorts characters lollo the giraffe Bernie the bear and Woody the elephant and would chase them around the restaurant every breakfast.
i honestly cannot fault anything with our trip to sunwing Kamala clean well maintained spacious good food and good location away from the madness.i will admit that the restaurants and kids club look like an IKea store but it is bright and colourful the rooms are furnished in a lot of teak and woodgrian giving it a very much thai feel with all rooms having a view of a pool.
Outside the resort on friday nights are Kamala markets that have good variety and good prices along with the phuket night markets on saturday i wouldnt shop in Patong for clothes as you will pay double.
DVD's i would get from the guys at hello kittyy store or outside Real Tattoo at Patong Plaza.both good quality and 60 baht.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket