We stayed there for 4 nights. We booked the studio suite via Agoda but was given a free upgrade to Royal suite.With a 4 month old infant and 2 year old, than goodness our room was on the first floor.The resort itself is kids friendly and definitely baby friendly hence there is no issue of the baby wailing in the middle of the night as chances are your neighbour's kids will do the same the next minute. Plus,the room is really spacious and the kitchenette is very useful for me to prepare the kids' food i.e Milk etc.
The Royal suite pool access was definitely the highlight of the stay for my son as he fully utilised it the whole time we were there.For family with kids,do take the first floor room as the pool access is definitely convenient for us.Breakfast can be boring as the menu does not seems to change. For a Muslim, there is not much of a choice but that should not be an issue as my family is pretty much contented with bread and cereals.
One gripe though,the television's picture display in our room did not work twice. It took a few calls before the technician came down.Other than that, most of the staffs are friendly and always greet you with a smile.
And yes,most of the guests are European and the shows are all in Swedish hence the son did not participate in it. Location wise, Kamala beach is not that fantastic as I've been to Phuket before and found other nicer beaches. Suffice to say at least its much better than Karon or Patong. Transport to Patong or airport can be very expensive.
Overall, I like the hotel concept and it did live up to my expectations and the fact its REALLY kids friendly. Will I be back there again?Yes, if I have a third child in tow. If not, there are definitely nicer beaches in Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket