“Do not stay here!”

Ranked #24 of 41 Kamala B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would highly recommend NOT staying in this "resort". When I booked my accommodation, I asked to see a picture of the apartment I would be renting. When later confirming, I was told that the picture wasn't the actual apartment we would be in, it was just to give us an idea of the kind of place we would be staying in. For starters, the picture I was originally sent was on the ground floor, that's why I agreed to rent it because we have a toddler. When we got there, our apartment was on the 3rd floor, so we had one whole month of not being able to use the patio area. The staff were unhelpful & unfriendly when we queried it, told us we could go stay somewhere else if we didn't like it. The lady on reception is miserable all of the time. The apartment was in a state. Cupboards falling off the walls, glass splashback in the kitchen about to fall off. The bed was unlike anything I've ever experienced, extremely uncomfortable. The cleaning staff can barely manage to clean the place properly, and in the entire time we were there, they never replaced the toilet paper once, we had to buy our own. Our shower blocked up twice, & our toilet as well. Terrible TV signal, when we queried it (quite a few times before something actually got done about it) suddenly someone hit a switch & we had clear cable TV. One day we had no water at all, no warning, no apology, nothing. The "gym" is old & most things are broken. Do yourself a favor & go & stay somewhere else, this place is not worth your money, there are plenty of other lovely places to stay in Kamala.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Lisa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Trees resort is not on the beach, in fact it's a few minute drive to the beach, however there is a shuttle that takes you to and from, we never felt inconvenienced. We actually really liked that when we left the beach and/or the night life, we were tucked away in quiet, beautiful place. The resort is nice, the room very large. The breakfast was excellent. The only downside I would say was the bed, but it was no different then the beds in many hotels in Thailand. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is located about 2 miles from the Kamala beach but they have a shuttle bus which can take you to the beach (and the town centre) every hour and, if you want to travel at other times they will accommodate you for a small charge. The room we had was very good, it was an apartment rather than a hotel room with kitchen/lunge/dining room as well as a spacious bedroom and a utility room with a washing machine. The only food available was breakfast so we travelled into the village on the shuttle every evening where there are plenty of bars and restaurant. I would visit again.

Room Tip: We were allocated a room which was described as an 'owners' apartment which, from reading ot...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Fortunately we rented a car, the apartment is right inside on a steep slope, location is super inconvenient. Everything in the room is old. Even the air con is not working well, my room's aircon unit is fix above the toilet, far from my bed, which I can't feel the aircon at night. Bed is not comfy too. TV also have limited channels, so we wanted to watch DVD we bought however the machine does not work. They changed another one it also did not work well, and the remote was damaged too. I called them about the remote, they said they will replace one and it never came. So we were couped up in the apartment with nothing much to do.
Conclusion: better spent your money on another place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mayjoel

Travelers are raving about these Kamala hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The location was nice, surrounded by mountain and trees but how could I have imagined such nightmare was waiting for me.
The room is very old, everything was not clean. Very different from the pictures they have on their website.The room and the bed sheets smelled like mold and I couldn't sleep well because of the smell.
There's no restaurant or cafe around the hotel, they have the restaurant in the hotel but it opens only until 6PM (last order is 5PM, that means no dinner), and they don't inform about it on their website.You have to get a shuttle bus that leaves only once an hour to go to the beach just to have dinner.No room service either.
The rooms are far from the reception and there are many steep hills but they don't let us use a buggy (Even though they have the one) except when checking in /out.
They got stairs and no elevator in the building so you have to carry heavy suitcase yourself when checking out.
They have the information on Agoda they have an airport transfer but it's just a taxi you have to pay yourself.
I tried to use the phone in the room but there are no connection, the reception said “We're not allowed to let our guests call outside” (what's that supposed to mean??)
I couldn't connect to the internet for 2 hours and had to call the reception many times.No apology.There's no wifi signal in the bedroom, only in the living room.
I booked 2 bedrooms with 2 bathroom,but they forgot to clean 1 bathroom.
There were so many mosquitoes like hell, I killed 15 of them and still there were couple of them in the room.They only brought spray when I complained. No apology.
I also found spider webs and a big spider hanging from the ceiling.
When I was finally about to fall asleep after wasting an hour fighting with mosquitoes, the reception called me and woke me up,and told me to come down to the reception (means you have to go over the hill) to pay for the mini bar before going to bed as there will be no reception when I check out(I had to take an early flight).
When I looked at the mini bar, I found out they already took all the snacks when I was out for dinner. I was hungry in the midnight but nothing to eat, no convenience store, nothing.
Really, how can one hotel be so bad??? I just wanted to chill out and have a good time after busy business trip, but it was such a mess!
I can't believe I spent nearly $200 for this hotel, I want my money back!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here please!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank MayaDaNang
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We book this resort because we wanted a couple of relaxing Sleep-in days but whe we checked in we realized that the room we we've assigned had a very thin net curtains, allowing all the light to come in, preventing us from sleeping after 6 am.Also the couch was very dirty. We asked to be changed to another room. they told us they were going to look.... after we waited 40 min in that room( no news from them) we went to reception and finally they took us to another room, better layout and one bedroom but again without curtains.They told us all the rooms were like that..we told them we would take it cuz we were tired...Later to realized that the bed was full of ants,the wall had humidity all over and our bedroom was next to a road where every 5 min a car or motorcicle drove by.It turns out you could hear everything our up stairs neighbors were doing..Hence we could not Sleep all night and we checked out at 8am. No apology at all from their side.....

Room Tip: I would not recomend this place to anyone
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank citywellness
Moers, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Hotel is far away from all crowdy nightlife, Quiet as long there are not to many russians guests or a russian party at the poolside. Rooms are big and good furniture inside, but if you have any problem - nobody is responsible and it needs days to solve a problem. The staff at the reception answered always, yes we will do - but nothing happened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple