The location was nice, surrounded by mountain and trees but how could I have imagined such nightmare was waiting for me.
The room is very old, everything was not clean. Very different from the pictures they have on their website.The room and the bed sheets smelled like mold and I couldn't sleep well because of the smell.
There's no restaurant or cafe around the hotel, they have the restaurant in the hotel but it opens only until 6PM (last order is 5PM, that means no dinner), and they don't inform about it on their website.You have to get a shuttle bus that leaves only once an hour to go to the beach just to have dinner.No room service either.
The rooms are far from the reception and there are many steep hills but they don't let us use a buggy (Even though they have the one) except when checking in /out.
They got stairs and no elevator in the building so you have to carry heavy suitcase yourself when checking out.
They have the information on Agoda they have an airport transfer but it's just a taxi you have to pay yourself.
I tried to use the phone in the room but there are no connection, the reception said “We're not allowed to let our guests call outside” (what's that supposed to mean??)
I couldn't connect to the internet for 2 hours and had to call the reception many times.No apology.There's no wifi signal in the bedroom, only in the living room.
I booked 2 bedrooms with 2 bathroom,but they forgot to clean 1 bathroom.
There were so many mosquitoes like hell, I killed 15 of them and still there were couple of them in the room.They only brought spray when I complained. No apology.
I also found spider webs and a big spider hanging from the ceiling.
When I was finally about to fall asleep after wasting an hour fighting with mosquitoes, the reception called me and woke me up,and told me to come down to the reception (means you have to go over the hill) to pay for the mini bar before going to bed as there will be no reception when I check out(I had to take an early flight).
When I looked at the mini bar, I found out they already took all the snacks when I was out for dinner. I was hungry in the midnight but nothing to eat, no convenience store, nothing.
Really, how can one hotel be so bad??? I just wanted to chill out and have a good time after busy business trip, but it was such a mess!
I can't believe I spent nearly $200 for this hotel, I want my money back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the west coast and in the heart of Kamala, The Trees Club Resort is set into the hillside, surrounded by a stunning natural forest that delivers a purely natural and tranquil atmosphere under a canopy of trees. The location and calming sounds of nature provide a truly relaxing getaway. All units take on a simple but modern design which takes full advantage of the surrounding environment to capture the stunning views and natural breeze from the lush hillside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Trees Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Trees Club Hotel Kamala
- The Trees Club Resort Kamala, Phuket