Lowest prices for your stay
$263
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
Trip.com$236
Expedia.com$236
ZenHotels.com$301
All reviews silk restaurant bedroom pool suite kamala beach main pool personal chef villa staff infinity pool full kitchen buggy service andaman sea breathtaking views spent nights family holiday private beach luxury gym phuket
Selected filters
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Check in lobby was grand and welcoming. Fantastic room and stay. We stayed at the 2 bedroom pool suite for five nights. Spacious, deep pool, big ensuite. Pity the bathtub does not have jacuzzi. I also can't get a block of soap from the concierge as they do not stock soap in house keeping. Only provide shower gel. But I thought if I'm paying a thousand US dollars per night, maybe they could send someone out to get a soap for me. Instead, concierge just says, no, they have no soap. Disappointing.
I'm a Durian lover, asked concierge on where to get durian and told can only get it in bigger towns like Potong instead of at Kamala. Though, just on the day of my departure, I found out durian is available in the supermarket just down the road and in the local market which runs on Wed and Sat. So, everything about the hotel is great, except for the concierge at front desk. We had lots of contact with one of the hotel drivers named Less who was very good. He was helpful and full of local knowledge. He should be at the front desk, I think.
I gave 4 stars for value because I expected a bit more from concierge given the price point.
Location is not right at the beach, however, it should not deter you. Because the hotel has several golf buggies on standby all the time to take you to Kamala beach for free at the drop of a hat. And there are also special sun beds and Andara staff to wait on you at the beach.
Spa was not available in the room's ensuite, disappointing for this price point.
Breakfast is good with western and Thai style food, but the breakfast spread is not as extensive as some of my other experiences. But, it's still very good, to be fair.
Room service food also good, they even set your table when your food arrives.
Very attentive restaurant staff.
There's even an Andara staff to help carry your luggage on the queue right to the check in counter at the airport. Now, that's great service.
I would go back there again because it was a very pleasant stay overall with you being pampered like a king, though, won't rely on the front desk being the culmination of information. Treat them more like just check in reception staff so you will not be disappointed. But now that I have found out about the local info I need, it wouldn't matter as much on my next stay. But a jacuzzi in the master ensuite would still be good if they are thinking about an upgrade.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jane W
Daniel M, General Manager at Andara Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Jane - thank you for your review. It's great to know that overall your stay was a great one, but we realise there are some areas as you mentioned (concierge, FO) that require tweaking. All have been alerted to what occured, and they are certainliy intent on paying more attention. We hope you will come back and visit us again, where I look forward to welcoming you. Best regards; Daniel Meury, General Manager.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Two weeks ago my partner and I had the privilege of getting married at this beautiful resort. Everything was first class from the beginning to the end. The establishment itself, from the views, the location, the food and especially the service.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a fantastic and unforgettable venue for their wedding.

Thank you to the team at andara for making our day so special.
Nick and Anna Schmitz.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaM2585
Daniel M, General Manager at Andara Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Nick & Anna - although I did not get to meet you personally, as I was travelling for resort business I am so pleased to hear your special day was well and truly sealed when you chose Andara for your marriage ceremony and after party. We are so glad to have been part of your day - thank you! We look forward to welcoming you to our resort again. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager

Reviewed December 5, 2012

These villas are beautifully located on a hill overlooking a bay in Phuket. Our room is gorgeous but the light switches are so high tech it took us 15 minutes to figure out how to switch off the overhead bedroom light!
We booked 2 spa treatments upon our arrival . I explained to the spa manager that I need a special massage for my sinusitis and my husbands preference. When we had our massages it was as if I had talked to a wall. They gave us both standard massages, mine was good but my husband complained that his was below average. The staff is very pleasant but does not understand a word of English. This applies to the spa manager too.
We tried to get a buggy to return from dinner and ran into the same problem. No buggies at the restaurant, and when we tried to ask the staff who wer sitting in the buggies, for some unknown reason -Perhaps they did not understand us-they could not oblige.
If this resort can get its service in place it would get 5 stars, but for now the language barrier prevents them from understanding guest needs.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank info B

Thank you for your review of our resort. We appreciate there were areas that require tweaking, and we will certainly endeavour to address these as you have mentioned. We appreciate your feedback to enable us to continue improving our Andara for all our future guests. We do hope you will return, and we look forward to being the opportunity to welcome you again to our resort. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have only taken the time to write a review twice, even though I have stayed at many of the most opulent resorts across North America. Seldom does a place impress me enough to do so with my schedule.

Andara Resort is comprised of both hotel suites, as well as individual homes, to choose from depending on the number of people traveling with you. Yet, even the hotel suites are really condominium size and quality, having much larger square footage than a typical hotel suite. Indeed, many of these suites are privately owned (i.e. not just the homes). Even more impressive, the architecture, and interior design, are nothing short of stunning. And the quality of materials and finishes are clearly that of an expensive private home (really), not of hotel room quality. If you are looking for a real "jewel box" resort, then Andara would be your choice; it is truly an exquisite resort.

Yet, what "completes" Andara for me, is that its architectural and interior design class is TRULY matched by the service that goes with it. It competes in service with the legendary small-membership country clubs in the U.S. The staff clearly cares about the service they are providing, and it is consistent throughout from the front desk to the restaurant to the pool and beach and spa. You can readily see that the upper management vision was conceived by people with discerning taste, too. It's the details that separate Andara from other so-called luxury resorts and residential communities, from the curtains that open and close via a motorized infrared remote in your hand, to serving your cocktails at the pool bar on cloth (not paper) napkins, to remembering that you like extra ice by the second day, without you having to ask first.

Much of the physical beauty you can see from Andara's website; it's story book perfect, and I won't elaborate on that here. But it's the caliber of service (throughout) married with it that puts Andara in a class that is hard to find. I have been blessed with my family owning a large yacht with a full-time crew -- and that is the epitome. So, if Andara somehow doesn't end up impressing you, I mean in a way even distinguished from other so-called luxury resorts, then I might suggest your only salvation would be to charter a private yacht for your vacation. :) Coincidentally (but not entirely surprising), the owner of Andara also has two large yachts that you can charter (even for just a day trip while you're here if you want a taste).

One additional note worth mentioning, I am a conessueir of massages when I travel. In my estimation, nobody knows how to give a massage like they do here in Thailand. I mean nobody. And Andara provided among the best massages I have ever had. I don't know why other parts of the World can try hard to imitate, but can't duplicate, the art of massage that Thailand is known for perfecting. But it's worth a visit here just to experience the massages.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Yachtsman82

Thank you so very much fo ryour glowing review of our resort - we truly appreciate your attention to all our details, from architecture, interiors to our team; it's all what makes Andara, Andara. We do hope you will visit again ,and look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at Andara for 6 days for the first portion of our Thailand honeymoon. They put us in a 3 bedroom suite with private pool with an amazing view of Kamala bay. The service is excellent!! A driven golf cart would pick us up from our suite and take us down to the pool, restaurant, lobby area whenever we called. The beach is very easily accessible by driver who would also make stops for us to pick things up at 7/11. The Beach Lounge was amazing with great food and the service staff was top notch; Pod was exceptional and gave us great recommendations for things to do around the island and also when we went to Bangkok. Meals and room service from the onsite restaurant Silk were delicious! We didn't want to leave our suite and private pool when it was time to go sightseeing... and even considered canceling our other destinations to stay at Andara 6 more days. Amazing and money well spent!

Room tip: We were in Suite 511 and couldn't have asked for a better view.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank chairsntable

Thank you very much for your most glowing review of our resort. We are so glad to hear that your honeymoon was all that you could hope for and my team took very good care of you. We do hope you will visit again and look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager.