I have only taken the time to write a review twice, even though I have stayed at many of the most opulent resorts across North America. Seldom does a place impress me enough to do so with my schedule.
Andara Resort is comprised of both hotel suites, as well as individual homes, to choose from depending on the number of people traveling with you. Yet, even the hotel suites are really condominium size and quality, having much larger square footage than a typical hotel suite. Indeed, many of these suites are privately owned (i.e. not just the homes). Even more impressive, the architecture, and interior design, are nothing short of stunning. And the quality of materials and finishes are clearly that of an expensive private home (really), not of hotel room quality. If you are looking for a real "jewel box" resort, then Andara would be your choice; it is truly an exquisite resort.
Yet, what "completes" Andara for me, is that its architectural and interior design class is TRULY matched by the service that goes with it. It competes in service with the legendary small-membership country clubs in the U.S. The staff clearly cares about the service they are providing, and it is consistent throughout from the front desk to the restaurant to the pool and beach and spa. You can readily see that the upper management vision was conceived by people with discerning taste, too. It's the details that separate Andara from other so-called luxury resorts and residential communities, from the curtains that open and close via a motorized infrared remote in your hand, to serving your cocktails at the pool bar on cloth (not paper) napkins, to remembering that you like extra ice by the second day, without you having to ask first.
Much of the physical beauty you can see from Andara's website; it's story book perfect, and I won't elaborate on that here. But it's the caliber of service (throughout) married with it that puts Andara in a class that is hard to find. I have been blessed with my family owning a large yacht with a full-time crew -- and that is the epitome. So, if Andara somehow doesn't end up impressing you, I mean in a way even distinguished from other so-called luxury resorts, then I might suggest your only salvation would be to charter a private yacht for your vacation. :) Coincidentally (but not entirely surprising), the owner of Andara also has two large yachts that you can charter (even for just a day trip while you're here if you want a taste).
One additional note worth mentioning, I am a conessueir of massages when I travel. In my estimation, nobody knows how to give a massage like they do here in Thailand. I mean nobody. And Andara provided among the best massages I have ever had. I don't know why other parts of the World can try hard to imitate, but can't duplicate, the art of massage that Thailand is known for perfecting. But it's worth a visit here just to experience the massages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Andara is an ultra-deluxe villa and residences resort at Kamala Beach (Phuket) set on a hill rising gentle from the Andaman Sea offering stunning ocean views. Minutes away are Phuket’s best restaurants, boutiques, world-class golf resorts and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andara Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andara Resort And Villas Hotel Kamala
- Andara Resort And Villas Kamala, Phuket