“I have been to paradise and back”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Paresa is a stunning kind of a place. Everything is well thought out and just the walk from the lobby to your room is bound to take your breath away (and in more ways than one if your room is all the way down the hill!).
The little restaurant and bar, the main pool, the library, the gym, everything is kept clean and in great condition and positioned as to take full advantage of the superb water views.
My partner and I spent five wonderfully restful and lazy days at the resort, never going out once. The food choices at the restaurant are just perfect for a five-day stay and the food is really good, especially if you can appreciate authentically spicy Thai food. They have really good pizzas too. Breakfast was included in our room rate and the formula was really neat: a cold buffet breakfast along with a hot à la carte choice.
We stayed in a Talay suite and had the "shared pool" to ourselves for the first 4 days of our stay. The pool and the views from our covered deck were divine! The resort was not really busy when we were there, there seemed to be a lot of young Asian couples on their honeymoon and therefore the place was really pleasant and quiet.
Everyone at the resort was truly friendly and helpful, and although it is true that some English language training would go a long way for some of their staff, there is nothing that cannot be overcome through grace and kindness, which there is no shortage of at Paresa.
Thank you to all the staff for a truly heavenly vacation!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

Thank you for your review and our Angels and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

I stayed at Cliff Pool Villa for my anniversary for two nights; if you asked me whether I would go back, well…it’s kind of mixed emotion. I think Paresa has the most stunning view amongst Kamala’s hotel; however, I may want to try Sri Panwa or Trisara next year. In general, staffs are very friendly but not up to standard (esp. those from the restaurant, they are really nice); view are excellent but not perfect; food are delicious but with limited choices…
1) Requested for no-blockage room months ago (as heard from tripadvisors’ comments that some rooms are being blocked); still at least 2/3 of the pool are being blocked by trees. I was very disappointed for this arrangement.
2) Order room service but have been waited for 5minutes(waiter just put down the phone after hearing my order) until a waiter can ‘fully’ understand what I want to order.
3) Asked for room make-up before I went for breakfast; no one came even after I finished my breakfast, had to wait outside for housekeeping…
4) No one came for room make-up at first night..but did come in second night, because she really had to in order to leave me the bill. The so-called ‘service/peace’ block is totally useless.
5) Finished food had been put outside the villa for more than 8hours before someone did come and take it away. I am glad that no ants were found nearby.(The housekeeper put those outside but didn’t take them away..weird)
6) Staffs are friendly and nice; but really have to improve phone-manner
7) Breath-taking views, esp. bathtub and balcony views..however; with 2/3 of infinity pool being blocked by trees, I can’t say it’s an infinity pool..
8) Very limited food choices but with reasonable prices and good taste.
9) Live music at night in restaurant; romantic
10) Library got full loaded of DVD choices
11) The staff stationed at airport and in the restaurant are very nice and helpful =)

Maybe I had too much expectation to Paresa and that’s why I was kind of disappointed for the stay. If you want to stay at kamala, I would strongly recommend Paresa…But if you are looking for no blockage infinity pool, try different place!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and my apologies if you were disappointed with the partial sea views from your villa. As you know there are beautiful old trees scattered around the resort that are part of our natural secluded environment that adds to the experience and peaceful natural surrounds, also probably a reason why we received the Thailand Boutique Awards 2010 Nature & Environment Award last week along with Best Accommodation.
I have past your other comments to the team to ensure that the issues you experienced with your villa service does not happen again, my apologies that you experienced these issues. Our Training Manager continues to work with all our front line team on their English as it is their second language and can always be better and is a continuous process.
With regards to your mention of menu options, thank you we can look at this as this has not come up before with 150 items on our Thai and Italian menus plus chefs menus made to guest requests on Infinity dinners or in villa BBQ's, obviously also our waiters didn't mention that you can order off menu whatever you feel like as we have most things in the kitchen.

I am glad you did enjoy some of our views and the food you did have during your stay and as mentioned I am working with my team to ensure the areas you highlighted are perfect as they should be.

Thanks

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Absolutely breath taking views from cliff villa with amazing infinity pool, very romantic with outdoor toilet and shower. However it is a little far away from the main attractions and night life and unfortunately they do not provide a taxi for the town which is very expensive, besides the hotel being expensive, which is definately worth every penny of it

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Thank you for spending your holidays with us at Paresa. We hope that you can make it all the way from New York again sometime.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I have been lucky enough in our jobs to travel and stay in some of the nicest hotels in the world. This place puts all of those resorts to shame.

We stayed in the Aqua suite for 7 days, and I have to say I had a hard time going back home. The beds were enormous and unbelieavably comfy, and the styling of the rooms was simple and elegant.

Our angels through out the week were very attentive and helpful, and gave us a number of suggestions for excursions around the island. My husband and I kept joking that they must have bugged our room, because they knew what we were doing for the day and always greated me in the morning with..."so I hear you are going elephant trekking today Mrs. Zander"..."Oh you are doing the infinity dinner tonight Mrs Zander"...it was wonderful that they were so tuned into what we had going on.

Then we get to the food. Breakfast was included in our rate, and the food was fantastic.
i am pretty sure I put on at least 5 pounds while I was there. We really enjoyed both restaurants, but personally liked the Thai one better than the Italian...however both were really good. The only downside was that their wasnt a pool side light fare pool menu. It was basically the same menu as the full scale restaurant.

We also decided to do the infinity dinner...which is when the close down the pool for the evening and you have a private dinner on the water. TOTALLY worth the money! It was a different menu than the 2 restaurants..and the food was off the charts delicious!

There were so many little touches, from the 4pm treat delivery(everyday) to our room, to the Thai cooking classes that we took and had the pleasure of cooking with the head chef..to .the bowl of fresh fruit that was in our room everyday...to the staff acknowledging our 20th anniversary and setting up our room with flowers and rose petals in the bath tub and bed....the list would go on and on.

If I was going to list a few cons...the minibar in the room wasnt super diversified...the pool menu (as I already stated)...and there really arent a ton of work out classes...they had a great gym, but I was hoping for more daily classes centered around maybe things like thai boxing or yoga or meditation.

All in all, it was a trip of a lifetime. The photos of this place do not do it justice...it truly is heaven of all heavens! I didnt want to leave...and made my husband promise that we would go back some day! It was worth the 25 hours in flight to get there!

Thank you to the staff of Paresa and the General Manager Scot for making this trip so memorable...it really was like a dream!

1  Thank parisaz

Dear Parisa,
Thank you for your review and comments, I am glad you had a fantastic anniversary with us and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next holiday.

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed in an Aqua Suite with my sister at Paresa for a three days in March, and our only regret was that we couldn't stay for longer.

I found out about Paresa through Jetsetter.com, which always has beautiful resorts/hotels all over the world (we also stayed at the LeBua State Tower in Bangkok after leaving Paresa and Phuket), so our expectations were already very high.

The view of the Andaman Sea is unbelievably striking, and visible from almost everywhere (restaurant, pool, villa's bedroom, bathroom and daybed). The architecture of Paresa is equally beautiful - the infinity pool is the most tasteful and comfortable I've ever experienced (with daybeds rising out of it so that you can feel like you're in the pool while remaining completely dry), and the 'star-like' lighting at night makes it just as beautiful even when you can't see the view of the sea below.

The service was also flawless. The Angels (concierge equivalent) were all very charming and efficient (all male, I believe), arranging everything that my sister and I wished to do in our spare time. The food was absolutely delicious at all hours/meals of the day, as were their cocktails. We also went to Amanpuri and the Banyan Tree for drinks and dinner on two of the nights, but their food and drinks did not compare at all. (Definitely try the tom yum bloody mary!!). We didn't try the italian food, but the Thai food was fantastic, as were all of the many many options for breakfast (possibly the best breakfast selection I've ever seen). The Angels also brought us delicious nightly hors d'oeuvres samplers :)

The only aspect that I haven't given a 5-star rating was the location. For us it was actually great, as we had already spent a few days on the beach and so weren't really concerned with that, and also didn't really plan to go out much. For other travelers, however, you should note that Paresa does not have its own beach, and is a bit farther away from some of the usual night life spots - but that it is so elevated is the reason why Paresa is able to have such breathtaking views!

Though we didn't have the time to use all of the facilities, we looked at what they offered and were very tempted by their boating trips!! Some other guests with whom we spoke said the spa was wonderful, as were the in-room dining experiences, but I can't say first-hand...this time! Luckily, periodic newsletters from Paresa and the Angels keep it on my mind all the time, so I hope to be coming back soon to try all the elements of Paresa we didn't have a chance to experience before.

If you're going to Phuket/Kamala, there's nowhere else you should stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank NewYorkdaniela
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Thank you so much for your review, I have past your kind comments on to our team. We do have many visitors from the US which is great to see you traveling all this way to Paresa. I hope that we get to welcome you and your sister back to Paresa someday soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Stayed at aqua suite room 255 frm 25 to 27 oct 2010.service is superb just love the location and the room.. Would love to go there again.. Overall 10 out of 10.. Thumbs up paresa... Shahirah

• Stayed: October 2010
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

It is great to receive your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you both back soon here at Paresa.
Your Angels await your return to Paresa.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We visited Paresa on October, we had a wonderful trip over there. The room is spacious and clean. The view is wonderful with infinity pool aside. Since our next room do not have any guest, we occupied the whole pool for 2 days and it was great. The services was excellent with professional. They can speak very good English and we have no problem communicate with them at all. The breakfast was great with many choices to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nussss

Thank you for choosing Paresa for your holiday in Phuket and we appreciate your feedback.
Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Scot

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
Andara Resort and Villas

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!