“A little spot of Paradise...”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We booked this hotel via Mr & Mrs Smith a few months before our stay at a great rate. Just before our trip, I checked some of the more recent TripAdvisor reviews and was a little worried about what I read in relation to construction noise, room maintenance issues and concerns about staff. After our 5 night stay, I can honestly say that we experienced none of these reported issues and had a fantastic and memorable time at Paresa. The rooms are amazing with huge open bathrooms, big beds and private infinity pools. Whilst there was some construction at the property next door, we did not notice any noise at all, possibly because we spent most of our days either lounging at the amazing infinity pool or on day trips to nearby islands. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were having a fantastic stay. This included offering us a number of complimentary extras during our stay as we were celebrating a wedding anniversary. We used the hotel beach shuttle service which was efficient and on time and we found the beach service to be excellent. The quality of the food at the hotel is excellent; we really looked forward to breakfast each morning and the Thai/Italian cuisine is also very good. This is a great hotel to stay at if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Phuket - it is private and you really feel like you are in your own little spot of paradise. The downside of this is that it is a little out of the way of the island sights (10 min drive from Kamala Town; 25 min to Patong and 45 min to Phuket Town); which means you can spend a bit on taxis if you want to see other parts of the island.

Room Tip: We found the Aqua Pool Suites spacious and loved the private infinity pool and bathrooms. Request a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

We are grateful that you have accepted the professional advice of our partnered agency Mr. & Mrs. Smith for an unforgettable holiday at Paresa. Thank you for providing an enthusiastic report of your five nights stay in Heaven, surely great celebratory trip for your wedding anniversary. The Angels are on cloud nine reading how special you have felt during the time spent with us and how nothing has compromised your experience in Heaven. It is wonderful to explore the neighboring islands while enjoying your holidays in Phuket, and most important being able to rely on the comfort and pampering attentions awaiting you back at Paresa after a full day excursion. Appreciative of the kind words spent to describe the accommodation, the food, the beach and the service offered you by The Angels, we all look forward to welcome you back in a not so distant future.

There are newer reviews for Paresa Resort Phuket

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely great stay. The hotel grew on us each day we were here and it was very hard to leave on the last day. Great rooms each with private pools and a wonderful infinity pool which was always empty as a result. Spectacular food and views from the restaurant. One of the best hotel breakfasts...not a huge selection but everything is done to a high standard. Really nice staff who could not have done more to make our stay any better and a free room upgrade upon checking in. Recommend doing the cooking class as well! We will be back

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

A true delight to read to which extend you have fallen in love with Paresa during your recent stay. Thank you for the appreciative words expressed towards just about everything at our heavenly resort, the Angels cannot wait to see your name popping up on our guest’s lists for another memorable holiday in sunny Phuket.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I spent my vacation from 13-16 April with my family here. We stayed at 4 bedroom pool villa 141 142 143 and 144. Everything is perfect. Personaly, I love the bedroom, the pool and the food here very much. Staffs are very polite and helpful especially Khun Pat and other two staffs (Thai) at the restaurant which I cannot remember their name.

The pool and the view are very amazing. We all loved it. Although there are some points to be improved, we still love the service, hospitality of Paresa.

The buggy service is good and polite. We did not have to wait for a long time

The last thing I would like to admire is the quality of the food for our lunch and dinner. They are really fabulous not only Thai food but also Italian food. My brother had lunch and dinner there every meal during our stay ( He did not go outside the resort like others in the family).

The problems that we found and would like to suggest to make you perfect is the maintenance of the room which I think is lacking in some parts and other some points to suggest.
1. The coffee machine for room 141 (my mom's room) which was in the kitchen, was out of order. The water is not hot. She told the call center and they send someone to fix it but it can be used only once. In the next day, it is out of order again and my mom told the housekeeper to change it but there's no response till we left Paresa. But everything is ok because we have other coffee machines ( in every villa)
2. There is only one curtain of the door in the toilet for 142 which supposed to have two curtains. I have shared room 143 with my nephew and mice ( 142 and 143 are on the same floor). And because of this, I have to locked the connecting door between 142 and 143 in the pool and have to be careful.
3. We have booked for four rooms but they allowed us to have in villa breakfast for only two rooms (141 and 144), which for our last day my mom complained that we want to have breakfast together in the villa. After her furious complaint, we can have breakfast together in our villa.

I am sure to come back to Paresa.

Room Tip: Try to ask for the room with full view of the sea. Some of the pool villas have the view blocked by...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

All Angels join me in thanking you for choosing Paresa for your Songkran family holiday in sunny Phuket and for the below email which has been well received. We are appreciative of the kind words used to describe the resort with its comfortable accommodations, great swimming pools enjoying breathtaking views and food delicacies masterly crafted by our culinary team as well as the service the team has provided you during your stay. Glad to confirm that the points raised have certainly retained our full attention, thank you for the keen observations picked up while enjoying the experience at the Heaven of all Heaven. While some projects are already undergoing, Paresa will soon boast brand new coffee machines in all its villas, your comments have helped us identifying small glitches like the in-villa breakfast and privacy of our Talay Suite’s bathrooms that will help us providing an even higher standard to all guests choosing Paresa as their home away from home. Your precious feedback has been shared with Khun Pat and the entire team, we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Paresa should you be planning a visit to Phuket in the not so distant future.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I planned our long delayed honey moon here. We arrived at the hotel on April 4th and was greeted and treated very very well, please note that we both are Thai and not the typical tourist so we were quite pleased that we were treated fairly.

Our first day we relaxed at our room enjoying the private pool, the view, the decorations and everything. We decided to have dinner there but found out that we couldn't eat at the restaurant due to a wedding and was suggested to eat at the lower floor (which was no problem). We had an italian meal that was considered pricey but I guess was expected for a five star hotel. We went back to our room quite late and enjoyed swimming in the pool but at 10PM the pool lights in our room went out and so we called for the hotel to turn them back on till midnight (Which the staff had advised us when we arrived that this could be done). Half an hour went by and still nothing happened. Made another phone call and 15 minutes passed by and still nothing happened. made a third call to say to forget it because it was already late...their excuse was that the technician was busy accommodating the wedding. We were disappointed but nothing too big...then bammm at 11:30 PM the lights came back on -.-! So it took them literally an hour and half to service us.

Our second day we planned to go to the beach at Kamala Beach where the hotel had a shuttle to the beach itself. However it had been raining the previous night all the way up to noon. The sky itself was quite gloomy and cloudy... Around 1 PM we decided to go and called the front desk to see if it was a good idea to go. We called a total of three times with three staff asking about different things

1. Is it oK to go? Is it still raining down there? Yes... no more rain should be fine
2. Is there staff and area for the hotel there? Yes there is staff there to help accommodate you
3. Are towels provided at the beach? Yes
4. Are there restrooms to use or places to change clothing ? Let us ask about this and will give you feed back <- Ummmm Huh? YOu don't know? and No they never got back to us on this
5. Are there restaurants opened there? can we order food there? Yes Staff can help you with that there
6. How do we get back? Oh the staff at the location will help you arrange the time you wish to come back according to shuttle schedule.

So... we went at 2 PM with this other I believe japanese couple who went to explore Kamala town... and coincidentally I overheard the drive speaking on the phone "So the couple that is going ... there is no staff down there so how will we arrange for a pick up person" ... I assumed that it was about the couple visiting Kamala town...but No... when we got to the beach the driver said... "Sir' I'm sorry but we can't get a hold of the staff... You can check out the beach but do you know what time you want to return? " ... I was puzzled and said ok we'll check it out and I have the hotel number so all was good... so the driver left because he had to send another couple we had picked up from Kamala town back to the hotel. So... we went there to find only a deserted eary beach that had absolutely no one there. We went looking for the hotels reserved section to only be told by another hotels (Ananda Hotel) staff that the guy that is suppose to be there probably left already.... So my question is ... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU LET YOUR HOTEL GUESTS GO TO A DESERTED BEACH WITH NO SERVICE!?!?! We called and asked three times... and it seemed that no one logically had the sense to tell us or to check if it was ok to go there or not? Not only that we felt deserted and left there... So yeah No Staff, No Lunch, No Towels, No Service, No Bathroom, No what so ever... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! So we obviously we were furious and called to the hotel to pick us up immediately and requested to speak to the manager when we got there.

The manager waited for us in front of the hotel (not sure if it was hospitality thing or if it was not to cause a scene in the lobby thing) and apologised for the whole situation. Obviously we went off on her telling her how disappointed we were with the service, how we were mistreated... the point that angered us the most was that there was no sense of taking care of hotel guest...and to quite surprised having this happen at a Five Star Resort.... Yeap... so she tried to make it up for us by offering to take us to this other beach / Club House... (Obviously I was like... Hell NO... why on earth would I go back to another beach in all of this condition) ... She then offered us a full free no limit dinner as a apologising gesture ... yes we took it... and had a full blown dinner.

The next day we checked out... I don't know if it was my wife just thinking it but she mentioned that we were being treated and cared for exceptionally well...

Overall we enjoyed the view the room and the stay... but was very very disappointed in the service. Too bad that they seem to have it right with everything except for the service ( I want to note that the restaurant staff seemed to have a better sense of service than the front desk and other staff in the hotel)

Would we recommend this hotel to others...? Yes for the beautiful view... but would remark them about the service and our experience. I'm sure that many other hotels may have similar type of rooms and views too...

Room Tip: Make sure that you request a room that is not in the lower section and doesn't have trees blocki...
5  Thank mymktp1

Thank you for staying with us in occasion of your recent visit to Phuket. Paresa does proud itself to welcome guests from the four corners of the world who values the unparalleled views over the Andaman Sea from practically everywhere around the resort, the high level of comfort provided by our villas and suites as the great food and beverage offerings available at both our restaurants, the in-villa dining and the unique dining experiences such as Romantic Infinity Pool Dinner, chef’s table Recipe by Luca and private in-villa barbeques. We are sorry to read that some miscommunication have occurred with our Angels which have lead to a less than pleasant experience at Paresa Beach Club in one of the sporadic days where weather conditions have not been optimal over the past four months. We appreciate you enjoying dinner with our compliments although we know that little can recover on the above mentioned episode.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Absoluletly great Hotel, awesome pool, great service but strongly recoomend to no visit this hotel for the moment, due next to the hotel big contstruction is on going and you can hear it from you room, does nt' matter which room you have. We tried already 3 different rooms, but the noise you can hear it from everywhere ... so if you look for relaxing quite time, wrong hotel at the moment...

As soon as the construction is done I guess at least another 6 month, absolutely place to visit just not now!
At the moment the rating is poor, as soon as the construction is done, happy to give a good rating ...

4  Thank gip_parsea

We look forward to welcome you back to Paresa and we are sorry that the neighboring construction site disturbed your peace while staying with us. Noise levels are very atypical and intermittent at present since the heavy construction part has come to its end although some days we still hear them. Thank you for appreciating the greatness of our resort, its features such as the Infinity Swimming Pool and the attentive service provided by our Angels.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at Paresa a few weeks ago for a wedding, and the location was remote, but I was expecting it, and stayed at the hotel for the whole weekend. My first impression was pretty good, as there were bell boys available to assist with luggage and we proceeded to the lobby for check in. The lobby was nicely designed with a tall ceiling. The front desk staffs, also called the angels, were helpful and friendly, and as expected, the rooms were not available. We were told to wait in the restaurant. Despite advertising of having a Thai and an Italian restaurant, they are basically the same restaurant, but have two different sets of menus. The restaurant is also outdoor with no air conditioning. I really have issues with that arrangement. I don't mind hotels having an outdoor section, but Phuket is hot and I think there should at least be an indoor section or even a second restaurant that is fully air-conditioned and indoor. The food especially the Thai menu was very good, and the Friday night Italian buffet was fairly priced and features many food. The breakfast buffets were also nice, and each guest got to choose one freshly cooked hot entree. However, other than the supervisors, the restaurant staffs were poorly trained and some of them were quite rude, which I was surprised given how hospitality standard in Thailand is quite high, and Paresa is a 5 star resort. Back to our room situation, it takes them quite a while to get the room situation resolved. So my first warning is that "don't expect early check-in with this hotel, and be prepared to wait a while if you are taking an early flight! Or book a flight that arrives after 2pm" From the airport to the hotel, it took around forty-five minutes with very whiny road when we get closer to the hotel.

Second warning: this resort is located in a cliff, which requires lots of walking up and down stairs to reach the public pool and the spa, even there are golf cart services. You have to walk up and down the stairs to reach your room, and some of the suites are definitely not suitable for children. So if you cannot walk up and down stairs, you need to avoid this hotel. This resort is definitely aimed for able-bodied and physically fit younger couples. If you are traveling with elderly or really young children, I will pick a more family friendly resort.

We booked the basic hotel suite with a pool but shared with the neighbor, which was another wedding party that we know. So it was not problem! The room was pretty good-sized, but you can notice lots of wears and tears in the room. The bathroom was nice with two individual faucet and cleaning station, and there was a bathtub and a full sized shower. However, there were no hand soaps available when we arrived in the room and we had to call to request one. The shampoo/conditioning/bath gel are products of Thann.

Other than the angels, service is definitely lacking in all departments, as most staffs cannot even speak basic English. Some of the housekeeping staffs try very hard but the language barrier is an issue. Housekeeping is slow, as the hotel is severely under-staffed. I have a feeling that the recent troubles in Thailand has affected the number of tourists, and the hotel is forced to offer more promotions and they have to cut back somewhere.

In conclusion, I am disappointed and will not likely to return here in the near future. I will also reiterate that this hotel requires moderate walking especially up and down stairs to reach the spa and public pool area, even some of the suites. So this is not a resort for the elderly couples and young children. If you hate stairs, you should not even think about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

What a great occasion to stay at Paresa to attend the special day of family members or dear friends, a merry opportunity not to be missed upon receiving the invite! We would like to thank you for the kind feedback provided and we are confident that you have enjoyed your stay, Comments, suggestions and warnings are always well accepted at the Heaven of all Heavens, despite at times they are discordant among them. Indeed the steep cliff side location that is home to Paresa calls for some physical efforts which can be bypassed by the availing of the punctual and courteous Club Car service. You are rewarded nonetheless by a number of known unique features such as the grand views over the Andaman Sea, the exquisite modern southern Thai design and the luscious tropical vegetation surrounding our peaceful and idyllic resort, all these combined makes Paresa the resort of choice for guests holidaying in Phuket.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Paresa is truly a special place - best suited for a honeymoon or the type of R & R trip where you do not want to take in a lot of local activities or require a beach. The rooms are beautiful with all the amenities. There were a lot of mosquitos which made it somewhat prohibitive swimming in our private infinity pool. The restaurant served great food and breakfast was always enjoyable. Service level great too.

In terms of location, we felt somewhat removed from the rest of Phucket. The hotel is situated on a dramatic cliff, and although there is a beach down the road, it isn't readily accessible . Because of the location, it is more convenient to just dine at the hotel restaurant, but the tradeoff is that it is relatively expensive to do so. To get around, transportation is very expensive compared to Bangkok and other parts of Thailand. In fact, prices in general seemed very inflated and the area is a basic tourist racket. I would not return to this part of Thailand again. If the Paresa were in a better location I would certainly return.

As I said earlier, if you want to just stay put in a beautiful property and money is no object, this is paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

The fact that Paresa has been addressed with so many different adjectives is a wonderful reward for all Angels in recognition of the kindness and attention paid to all guests who chose our resort for its uniqueness. It is a pleasure to read the account of your stay, the public transportation options have been addressed in several reviews and regrettably stands beyond our direct control, Paresa facilitates all guest’s needs by offering competitive prices for the resort’s limousine service which present a minimal difference to what described in the review. Should your travels bring you back to sunny Phuket we do look forward to welcome you back as our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
#2 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!