“A must in Phuket!!”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
San Francisco, California
“A must in Phuket!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went there on 2011, I think the hotel was just recently opened. Everything was flawless, the service, the food... yes it is true that the staff dont speak english very well but they got everything right for us! The views from the pool at night, the views just outside the lobby, the views from our room were ALL AMAZING, you really feel like you are in the top of the world. The pools on the rooms are fantastic! They refill each night, perfect temperature, the rooms are HUGE! The bathrooms are HUGE! with an additional bath tub beside the window looking on to the ocean, marvelous. The shower outside is a delight! There's no beach on site, although you can ask for their vehicle to take you to their private beach. We had all our activities arranged at the hotel and was and aboslute delight! We've been dreaming of Paressa ever since we came back, all the "ANGELS" (what the staff is called) were extremely nice,there was yoga in the morning (again overlooking the ocean) as you can see, i can go on and on about the resort, we went there with high expectations but it is the most romantic place, ever !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
The Heaven of all Heavens sits indeed on top of the world. Perched high on top of a cliff Paresa is world renowned for its mesmerizing panoramic views and impressive sunsets over the Andaman Sea. Comes with no surprise that our accommodations are often described as huge, they do in fact provide a comfortable, functional and private nest immersed in luxurious greeneries ideal for any traveler. While indulging in our gastronomical offerings do not miss out on the opportunity to keep in shape at our award winning gymnasium or join our activities to discover the fine arts of Yoga, Tai-Chi or Muay Thai. Paresa Beach Club, located a short Tuk Tuk ride away, provides instead a sea side oasis for further relaxing moments. We hope to welcome you back to Paresa soon to refresh those great memories of your time in Heaven..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're looking for a resort for the view, this is the hotel to go to. However, if you want service, don't come here at all. The staffs don't understand English that well and there's some serious internal communication problem. You always have to request and request multiple times, and still they don't get it!

1) When I emailed them and asked for a pick-up service, nobody replied my email EVER. I had to call the resort and inquire more.

2) When I called and asked for house-keeping, they were two hours late. I didn't mind if they came later but they should have told me so.

3) Housekeeping never provided enough soap. I mean soap, not shower gel. Had a feeling that this luxury hotel was pretty frugal by not providing enough soap? I had to buy soaps myself.

4) I rented a motorbike and wanted to return it. I confirmed with the front desk TWO TIMES asking the driver to take us to the rental place (because the hotel took us to the rental place and I didn't have an address). The lady (her name us Yui), firstly, she gave us a very unhappy look and not willing to help us. After I had explained our situation, she finally agreed to have the driver take us there. I confirmed with her TWICE and she nodded her head. When I came down to the front desk, another guy was on duty (he had light skin, young). Apparently he didn't know what happened and Yui never told him my request. HE EVEN SAID "THE DRIVER IS GONE BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE 5 MINUTES LATE." The truth is--he argued with us for at least 5 minutes. DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED BY HIS ATTITUDE.

5) We wanted to request for the hotel car to take us to the airport. The front desk gave us two choices--we could take the limo or the car. The front desk said the car was 900. I agreed. When I checked out, I found out it was not the hotel car, it was local taxi. I didn't mind taking the local taxi but the front desk should make it clear. Apparently the hotel car was 1100 (which I didn't mind to pay in the first place). SERIOUS INTERNAL COMMUNICATION PROBLEM.

6) When I was swimming at the common infinity pool, there was no dry towel so I asked for one. The bartender gave me one towel and asked us if I wanted to have a drink. When I said no, he looked very unhappy.

7) When I had breakfast in the restaurant, it was too hot outside so I needed to change to an indoor seating. The manager was not happy with that (she made some awkward comments) and nobody took my tea/coffee. I had to move them myself.

8) They never called you as they promised when it came to confirmation. I had to go to the front desk every single time in order to them confirmed. For example, late check-out time, bike rental, housekeeping, pick-up service.

Again, don't expect you are getting a 5-star service here. The staffs are not helpful at all. They simply don't understand you. I have to go after them (and still they get it wrong).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Art Lover M
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Paresa. We humbly apologize to you for having delivered inadequate service not reflecting the standard Paresa is renowned to offer to its guests. All Angels are aware that international travelers comes with a wealth of previous experiences in internationally acclaimed luxury properties, it among the reasons why we all continuously strive to pair the magnificent physical structure with flawless and attentive service. It is with heavy hearts that we read how your vacation fell short from your expectations and you felt that service provided was affected by communication issues who have deeply impacted your stay at the Heaven of all Heavens. We hope to be given a second chance in the near future to realign your experience to those of many other satisfied Paresa guests.
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a stunning ocean view villa, with a private pool.
This place really has got it's act together. A particular highlight was the amazing food at all of the restaurants, and a main driver for the 5 rating. On the downside there is no beach at the resort, but a great stay just the same.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuartroaming
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Our culinary team takes enormous pride in serving every day delicacies that conquer the palate of our clientele. Whether a sumptuous à la carte breakfast with a view or preparations inspired by the secular Thai and Italian cuisines for lunch and dinner, rest assured to be pampered throughout your stay and carry home wonderful memories of your heavenly meals. Paresa Beach Club is located a short 15 minutes car ride from our resort and a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service is operated according to seasonal schedules. We appreciate you sharing your experience, the Angels look forward to welcoming you back to Heaven very soon.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wow, we weren’t expecting this. Probably the single most romantic place we have visited so far. Very impressive resort. Props to our travel agent Andaman sky who said they would request one of the best-located units for us – and boy they did ! we had total privacy and massive views over the bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel J
Expert advises can surely turn dreams into reality, and vacations can certainly be listed under the dream category. Paresa provides a celestial setting where the Angels strive to offer services that match the beautiful and unique architecture and landscaping of our resort. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Heaven of all Heavens and trust to count you among our loyal guests in the near future.
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed July 25, 2013

did i say big ocean views? i meant BIG ! Another boutique resort recommended to us by our agent Andaman adventures. We have now learnt to trust their recommendations, and this one again, did not disappoint ! very exclusive feel about the entire place and surroundings, peaceful and beautiful. Again we got a market-beating rate for this resort through our agent. Good things !

Room Tip: We liked unit 308
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for expressing a few words about your recent experience at Paresa. Our carefully selected travel partners make no mistake in recommending our little corner of paradise for an unforgettable journey to Phuket. Upon arrival, during the stay, and once back home only praises about the luxurious greenery and superbly integrated buildings are shared with friends via your favorite social media platform; and of course with the dear travel agent who recommended the Heaven of all Heavens in the first place. We hope to see you again soon at Paresa and rest assured that we have well noted the stated preference for Cliff Pool Villa #308.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

At the conclusion of a recent business trip to Singapore, my colleague and I decided to splurge and take a short side-trip to Phuket before heading back. Because it was pricey our expectations were high. Unbelievably, the experience actually EXCEEDED our expectations! Paresa, which translates to “heaven of all heavens”, more than lived up to its name. Idyllically carved into the quiet hilltops and overlooking the Andaman Sea, I can’t imagine a more perfect place.

When we arrived I was intrigued by the lack of signage and typical lobby atmosphere. Instead we were led into a semi-open area with white-washed walls and water feature, by a tall and handsome white-clad “angel” who greeted us by name and offered us welcome refuge from the sweltering humidity with cold towels and chilled tea. Side-note: all employees at Paresa call themselves “angels”, which I initially snickered at but soon came to appreciate why it was completely appropriate!

We arrived in early morning but were told it was not a problem. Our assigned “angel” Max (a cherubic young blond Austrian hospitality student) led us to the spa where we could relax and, change into more comfortable clothes before heading to the restaurant for breakfast.

Breakfast consisted of a choice of Thai or western-style entrée plus a buffet of fresh fruit, juices, and chacuterie. I chose a traditional congee-like Thai bowl (delicious) and a nice platter of assorted fruits and cheeses, including mango expertly prepared for me on the spot by another Paresa angel. Ahh, the mango! Never have I tasted anything so juicy, so fragrant, so perfectly delicious!

Having lingered over several pots of coffee; our hunger satiated and our minds and bodies relaxed; Max reappeared to ask if we would like a tour of the grounds. We hopped into his cart and he took us down several winding, tropical foliage lined paths. He showed us the resort’s enormous, cliff-side infinity pool, the banana trees, the gym, a more in-depth look at the spa we had visited previously, the library, the cliff-side guest suites and villas, the gift shop (amazing local artisan soaps, lotions, and batik sarongs), and the kitchen where chefs of Paresa host guest cooking classes. I should point out that there are lots of stairs to navigate to get to most of these places. We didn’t mind at all, but it could be problematic for some.

We decided to change into our bathing suits and spend the remaining hours waiting for our suite to be ready in the infiniti pool. At about 2 pm Max showed up to tell us our suite was ready and take us there. We had selected one of the “Aqua” suites. It was perfect! Beautiful tunes, some familiar some not, were playing on the in-room iPod and the room was spacious, immaculate, understated, and beautiful. The adjoining spa-like bathroom was as big as the bedroom/living area! Outside, we had our own very private infiniti pool overlooking the Andaman Sea / Indian ocean, complete with an adjoining outdoor shower, and private patio area with very comfortable loungers. We had indeed arrived in heaven!

After unpacking we got into the infiniti pool. It was so tranquil and relaxing we had trouble leaving it. However, when the fruit that had been left in our suite was no longer enough to satiate our hunger, we reluctantly left the pool and got dressed to go to the restaurant for dinner. Of course the Paresa offers more romantic dining options; perfect if you were visiting with a partner rather than a friend.

As a foodie, an outstanding dinner experience would normally be the highlight of my vacation and the focus of my review but I was so relaxed and so completely immersed in my little paradise, that I am finding it difficult to recall what exactly we ate other than it was sublime. (Sorry).

The next morning I booked a two-hour Thai massage. It was glorious! Unlike regular massages, my body was contorted into shapes and forms that I didn’t think were possible; and I loved every minute of it! After my massage I was shown to the adjoining, private terrace where a tray of tea and fresh pineapple awaited me. I was told to take as long as I like (and I did!)

Check-out time is normally 12 noon but because we had booked a cooking class we were told not to worry about checking out until after we had freshened up after the class!

We learned to make prawn spring rolls, Tom Yum soup, pad thai (the best I’ve tasted!), and finally sticky coconut rice and fresh mango (yummy!)

I would recommend both the massage and the cooking class as they sublime and surprising bargains. The Paresa resort most certainly lived up to its name!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Aqua suite but were told by our "angel" that the cliff-site suites were his...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen T
Paresa has once more conquered the hearts of two discerning travelers. All Angels are ecstatic to read that you have enjoyed to the fullest your stay at the Heaven of all Heavens. Sure joining Paresa earlier than the standard registration time can be a wonderful start of a heavenly stay, the utmost will be done to offer the booked accommodation as early as possible yet in the meantime the entire resort facilities provide an ideal cocoon to shed off some fatigue from the short/long haul and accumulated stress. Our cooking classes, as well as The Spa, prove to be unique experiences that crown every stay and mark undeletable memories about Paresa. A special mention to the local food preparations cannot be omitted; Thailand’s rich food heritage is based on the freshest and most exquisite fruits and vegetable on the planet, sheer indulgences from breakfast to dinner. Thank you for choosing Paresa as your getaway from the real world, we sincerely hope to extend you a warm welcome back to Heaven shall your travels allow for such treat in the near future.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Prior to booking we read all the reviews and after being here 5 days we are dumb founded how anyone could not be simply amazed at how luxurious this resort is. The photo gallery does not do justice to the ambiance and beauty of this resort. Add to that the friendliness and superb service from the Angels and it is the perfect place to holiday.
It is a $60AUD return trip to Patong that we have been to twice and each time on return blessed the seclusion and luxury of Paresa. In our opinion twice in Patong is enough.
There are steps and if you have problems with these I would suggest you book directly as some villas appear to have only minimal stairs to the restaurant and Lobby. We have 246 steps to breakfast. We could take a courtesy cart if we wanted but we enjoy the challenge of these steps and it justifies that little bit extra at breakfast
We would not stay anywhere else in Phuket.

Room Tip: We are in a Cliff Pool room but suggest all rooms would be excellent and private
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing the memories of your recent stay at the Heaven of all Heavens. It is renowned that our resort’s location makes every stay even more enjoyable. Phuket’s entertainment capital Patong is located a short 20 minutes car ride away from Paresa, and sure returning to our luxurious and secluded cliff side haven is a big relief for mind and body alike. Many of our guests do enjoy strolling up and down the resort admiring the rigorous nature that surrounds every building, doing so certainly does allow for some extra indulgences at breakfast.. or lunch.. or dinner. Angels look forward to have granted the opportunity to welcome you back to Heaven in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
COMO Point Yamu
Andara Resort and Villas
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!