“This may be as good as it gets!”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed February 27, 2013

From the reviews we read and the photos we looked at, we were already expecting something amazing at Paresa, but it even exceeded those already high expectations! The service was incredible! The rooms were amazing and each had a fabulous view. The spa was one of the best I've seen and the deep tissue tissue massage I got (3 times in 5 days) was not only one of the best I've ever had, it was also very reasonable in price. The food was also excellent. I simply cannot say enough good about this resort. Even though it's a little more money than many of the other resorts in the area, it's an absolute bargain for what you get! I can't wait to go back and I absolutely will.

Room Tip: The Aqua Pool Suites and Cliff Pool Villas are both incredible, each with their own infinity simming...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your and your wife's kind reviews, they are highly appreciated! I'm glad Paresa lived up to be everything you expected and more, I'll make sure to pass these comments along to the Angels and other staff!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel so much that we are already planning our trip back again next year. There are several different rooms there so be careful which ones fits your needs. We had the cliff side villa and it was spectacular! You have your own veranda and an infinity pool. There are a lot if steps to get all the way down so not a place for people that can't walk up and down. You can call for a buggy to the lobby or restaurant but you still have a lot of steps! The service was great and the people are very service oriented. The food was amazing as well. Also, we rented a car and never left the resort because we had everything we needed there! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad you had a heavenly stay at Paresa, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

What can I say but the place is amazing, views, service, food, bed, pool its all outstanding.
The bed is amazing the linen is soft, bed one of the best we have slept in, so good we bought one! No joke we actually did
Views for breakfast was amazing.
The view from our private pool overlooking the Ocean was incredible.
Beautiful big bathroom with spa separate shower & toilet, the pics on the resort website are just what you get in real life.
The only draw back is the walk around the resort some pretty mean hills but they do have buggies to run you around if you want.
The resort has a shuttle to run you down the beach for some sun and sand which is roughly 10mins away.
Staff are great nothing is a problem for them.
We will be going back

Room Tip: We had room 241 not too far to walk, nice and private Spectacular views no trees in the way to ruin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twkitch

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear your stay at Paresa was everything you expected and more! I hope you return soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Phuket many times and we are familiar with what it can offer. We chose Paresa for the infinity pool and the privacy it offered. It came at a price which was consistent with 5-6 star resorts which offered butler services with a level of exclusivity.

The views do not disappoint. The resort is built on a cliff and is far away from any civilisation. We had an aqua suite with our own private pool and outdoor sitting area. The layout was well planned to capitalise on the view. The bathroom had both indoor and outdoor baths / showers with ocean views The shared infinity pool is as the pictures show - stunning. At first impression, the personal service from the "angels" (hosts), the entrance and the suites all promise a level of exclusivity - similar to banyan tree or even the aman.

The service, food and beverage and unintended "intrusions" however failed to sustain the first impressions.

Within 30 min of check-in, the quality showed. It took 30 min for us to get our luggage sent to the suites.

While breakfast was efficient, quality of food was not up to par. The array looked impressive, but in terms of culinary quality, it was mediocre. The waffles were semi-cooked with the dough semi-liquid. The local food was largely bland. Eggs and juices were good but everything else was very ordinary. We stayed for 3 nights and quality was the same across 3 days. Quality of restaurant food outside of breakfast was much better and this is probably due to the fact that the food had to be specially cooked.

At the poolside bar, when we asked for a hot drink, staff said it was not available on the menu. It was a clear case of the staff who could not be bothered to do a special order from the kitchen.

The hotel offers an hourly shuttle to town up till 5pm. Now this was clearly inadequate. It should have anticipated that guests would want to have some variety in meals and may want to do dinner in town occasionally. Offering a shuttle twice an evening into town would have been nice for guests. We had to wait half hour for a taxi when we wanted to go to town for dinner.

Last but not least, on Sunday, Paresa appears to allow external guests to come in for brunch and then to use the common infinity pool. Mind you the pool is not on the same floor as the restaurant and only offers limited deck chairs. In the afternoon the common pool was filled with loud boisterous visitors who has obviously had quite a tipple over brunch and families with children diving into pool. It was clear they were visitors as they had their day bags taking up all the space on deck. There was no available deck chairs on the pool deck for guests. Obviously privacy of guests is not a priority.

The manager of Paresa was a nice and friendly new Zealand couple. We met them briefly over breakfast and they were professional and appeared very busy with supervising staff over breakfast. I do hope they will see this as constructive feedback in giving guests a more complete experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Great to read how much you liked your Aqua Pool Villa and its views which as you mentioned are stunning. We are sorry that your bags did take sometime during the check in period to get to your villa.

We appreciate the feedback on the breakfast and wish you had mentioned something to the waiter about your waffle not being completely cooked through, as they would have changed it for you immediately as everything is cooked to order, our apologies. However we are glad to read that you enjoyed all the other meals you took in room service. I have passed on all your feedback to the Chef to ensure we continue to maintain our reputation of offering some of the best food on the island. Please be assured that we do offer hot drinks at the pool and this matter has been dealt with, with the employee concerned.

The guests enjoying themselves at the pool after brunch, we are aware of as they are regular guests of Paresa and unfortunately you have been mistaken on all the sun loungers being full, I have checked with the manager on duty and there were 2 sets available on the lower pool deck all day. Normally our main pool is very quite due to most guests enjoy their own private pools, over the public pool, which means we have never seen a day where all sun loungers are filled.

I am sorry you had to wait for a taxi, that there was not one at the street when you came up to the lobby. We do offer the transfers to Kamala beach every hour to 6pm complimentary. We also have our own luxury vehicles should you not want to take a taxi. We continue to work with the local taxi group to ensure that taxis are available and we are able to offer a range of transport service for our guests.

It sounded like you enjoyed the resort and food, but had a few service issues that I apologize for that effected making your experience completely heavenly. The feedback has been utilized to help ensure that our team is always working on the guest experience to ensure every guest has a perfect holiday at our resort.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to experience the perfect Paresa.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It is the trip I will remember forever. We really appreciate the service, the great view, fantastic food...it is just so much to enjoy there. If we had time, we would stay longer.
It may be the best part of our vacation in Phuket. I still remember the smile of everyone.

2  Thank Fmh0516
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad the staff were friendly and always had a smile on their face, I'll make sure to pass the message on to them!

I hope you return soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We chose Paresa as a resort to have our destination wedding. While we were at first sceptical about organising everything from afar, we were quickly reassured that it would be just fine thanks to the help and professionalism of Ting, Paresa's wedding planner.
We couldn't be happier. Paresa is a wonderful place: from the location, the service, the staff, the facilities, the rooms and the food quality. Everything is absolutely gorgeous.
I will never forget our stay at Paresa and our wedding day. Everything was seamless and beyond our wildest expectations. The guests were truly amazed and we will all have wonderful memories.
I can honestly say I couldn't picture this day any better than it was thanks to all the Angels who made every moment delightful.

We are planning to come back for an anniversary...

We totally recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a romantic getaway or for a stunning wedding without the stress!!!

Kind regards,

Milena and James

1  Thank Milenahubert
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and comments! The Angels were delighted to hear they assisted in making your day even more special than it already was! Paresa wishes you all the happiness in the world!

I hope you return for your anniversary as I'm sure Ting and the angels would love to welcome you back!

All the best!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Paresa is a wonderful place. The hotel is spotless and beautifully designed. It is extremely comfortable and not too modern and minimalist. The food is a high standard, good portion size and not overpriced. Free (and fast) wi-fi, bottled water and DVDs are good added extras. Prior to our arrival the Angel Team were helpful and responded to emails quickly. I asked for blinds to be put up in the bathroom as privacy was a criticism by other visitors which they did happily. The Cookery School was fun and nice for a change away from the pool. The spa is really lovely too but like any spa, it will make your bill go up a lot. The staff work incredibly hard to go above and beyond your expectations and are very polite. There are a few language issues occationally but the staff try so hard that it always ends up fine. You have to remember you are abroad and that it is all part of Thailand's charm.
Having read some reviews I was worried about dangerous buggy journeys but they are safe.
The only slight criticism I would have is that the beach is further away than the hotel implies and it isn't the best Thailand has to offer. However, the hotel is so stunning there is no need to leave. I would recommend Paresa to anyone that isn't beach obsessed.

Room Tip: 271 - good privacy and very little passing buggy noise. Near the main pool. Not too far to all hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments, I'll pass them on accordingly. I'm glad to hear you had a heavenly stay with us and found all the staff/Angels helpful and friendly!

I hope you return sometime soon!

Emma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Andara Resort and Villas
Trisara
Trisara
#1 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!