“Perfect”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
London
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Paresa is a wonderful place. The hotel is spotless and beautifully designed. It is extremely comfortable and not too modern and minimalist. The food is a high standard, good portion size and not overpriced. Free (and fast) wi-fi, bottled water and DVDs are good added extras. Prior to our arrival the Angel Team were helpful and responded to emails quickly. I asked for blinds to be put up in the bathroom as privacy was a criticism by other visitors which they did happily. The Cookery School was fun and nice for a change away from the pool. The spa is really lovely too but like any spa, it will make your bill go up a lot. The staff work incredibly hard to go above and beyond your expectations and are very polite. There are a few language issues occationally but the staff try so hard that it always ends up fine. You have to remember you are abroad and that it is all part of Thailand's charm.
Having read some reviews I was worried about dangerous buggy journeys but they are safe.
The only slight criticism I would have is that the beach is further away than the hotel implies and it isn't the best Thailand has to offer. However, the hotel is so stunning there is no need to leave. I would recommend Paresa to anyone that isn't beach obsessed.

Room Tip: 271 - good privacy and very little passing buggy noise. Near the main pool. Not too far to all hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments, I'll pass them on accordingly. I'm glad to hear you had a heavenly stay with us and found all the staff/Angels helpful and friendly!

I hope you return sometime soon!

Emma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have been meaning to review this wonderful place for months as it deserves every positive comment and none of the negative ones - ignore them. Everything about Paresa was superb, from the friendly service (staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful), to the rooms, the food and the facilities.

We stayed during monsoon season as we married in the English summer, but it didn't matter to us at all because the resort was so lovely. Our cliff villa had an incredible view and great pool (although it could have been a little warmer), the communal pool was quiet with a beautiful view and the staff were extremely accommodating. We were late for breakfast every day but they kept our food for us, they gave us great advice and we felt really well looked after.

Room Tip: My advice would be to stay in a cliff villa. We had booked an Aqua suite and found that it was not p...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and comments! I'm glad you had a heavenly stay at Paresa. I'll make sure to pass you comments along to the Angels and staff.

I hope you return sometime soon!

Portland, Oregon, USA
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at Paresa for almost ten days in March of 2012 and enjoyed it very very much. The hotel itself is a wonder. Our room was extremely comfortable, unforgettable really. I slept very very well here, the bed was definitely memorable. Our view was amazing and the outdoor living area with a small private pool was very nice. The infinity pool which we often had to ourselves was great. Breakfast was very very well done. Service was very good but not everybody speaks English so be prepared to be a little patient. If you are looking to get away from everything this might be the place for you. However, be aware you won't have beach access right at this hotel/resort. I did not mind this at all because the hotel pool and our private pool were enough for me but my companion liked to visit the beaches which were not far away (5-15 min by car). I would stay here again and recommend it to others very highly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian_in_PD
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a good stay and felt like you could escape and relax here! Hopefully we will see you again this year!

All the best for the year ahead!

Beijing
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a perfectly delightful stay at Paresa in Phuket. We booked a five night stay through LuxuryLink.com and had a great package deal in a Cliff Pool Villa. The view was gorgeous and the sunsets incredible. While the resort is a bit out of the way from town and beaches (it does not have its own on site) it didn't matter as we never wanted to leave the room and its view. Except to go to the beautiful infinity pool and its even more expansive view of the ocean. We particularly enjoyed the "treehouse" feel of the resort, being built on the side of a steep cliff with wooden walkways meandering through the trees to get back and forth from our room to the restaurant up top. In fact, given how much we ate it was good to get at least that exercise, although the option of taking a buggy is available. The food was excellent. Breakfast always left us more than full, even though the arrangement is not the typical American buffet "way too much food" layout. Instead, you choose a main offering from a menu of 15 or so options -- from omlettes to french toast to Thai breakfasts -- supplemented by a fresh fruit and pastry bar. Also, made to order fresh juices and smoothies ensured that we ate well and plentifully. The french toast was particularly good. For dinner, the Thai set menu was fantastic -- prawns in tamarind sauce, green curry, assorted appetizers, plus mango sticky rice for dessert. All served overlooking the Andaman Sea with a gentle breeze blowing...heavenly place!

The room we booked (Cliff Pool Villa) was fantastic. The personal pool and outside sala and shower, all surrounded by views of the sea and the fragrance of the jasmine in bloom just below the pool, made us never want to leave the room.

One note about rooms: when we first arrived we were assigned to room 302 (a Cliff Pool Villa) which had a big tree blocking the view of the water. Fortunately, there was a problem with the lighting so we were moved (without asking) to room 307 which had a gorgeous unobstructed view of the ocean. Room 306 has the best view (that is the one that is shown on the website) but 307 is a bit more private, so overall we felt is was the best of the Cliff Pool Villas that we saw. If you want to spend a lot of time gazing at the ocean and the sunsets from your room, make sure you request a room with a clear view as the entire resort is really in the middle of the trees and while that is part of the charm of the place it also means that some rooms won't have a clear view of the water.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a clear view of the ocean, such as #306 or #307.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmmahony
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you had a Heavenly stay at Paresa and made the most of the spectacular views we offer, they really are breathtaking, especially at sunset!

I trust you had a safe trip back home and all the best for the year ahead!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon for 6 nights. We stayed in the Aqua Pool Suite. We The main room was smaller than I thought it'd be but perfectly nice. A very comfortable bed and a nice tv that could face the bed or turn 360 degrees to face the couch. We also had a balcony with a table and chairs and two beds to layout in, a private plunge pool, an outdoor shower, a great indoor bathroom that had a toilet enclosed in its own glass room, a shower and a bathtub with windows overlooking the ocean. It was basically the perfect place for a honeymoon. The resort pool was a great infinity pool and they also had a smaller salt water pool in the shade. The food and drink was delicious. My only complaint is that when we'd call a taxi ourselves they seemed to turn them away and have their own higher priced taxi take us places. It is in Kamala so there is not a great amount of night life if you want to go out in the evenings, but, Patong is about a 20 minute cab ride away. If you're looking for a deal, go during the off season and looking for 6 for the price of 4 specials. It is literally about a third of the price as staying there during high season.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments. I'm glad you choose to stay with us over your honeymoon and that we, Paresa and our team of Angels could contribute in making your honeymoon even more special and romantic!

All the best for the year ahead and we hope you return soon!

London
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I feel compelled to write having seen some of the negative reviews posted about this hotel. You should ignore them completely as this hotel is fantastic, a real piece of paradise. My girlfriend Maria and I stayed for a week and we loved every minute. The attention to detail is excellent and the service superb. So, ignore the reviewers who have given it a bizarre review and book this hotel. It is fantastic! Paul from the UK

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stevemcqueenLondon
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank for your kind review. Glad to hear you and your Girlfriend had a good stay and noticed the small things, it's always appreciated and will be passed on to everyone else to read.

I hope you had a safe trip back home and all the best for the New Year!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Paresa from Jan.17th to the 21st. I was a bit taken when I arrived because it is quite far away from pa tong and its in the middle of a jungle. I am terribly scared of bugs and the other things that Thailand offers, but I was fine. There are humongous butterflies and dragon flies, but no bother to me. We stayed in the aqua suite which was an awesome choice. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is great to get away from the business of pa tong. The spa is amazing, but I would suggest offering guests sandals or slippers even though they are having a massage in the same room. Breakfast is ok. I would have liked to see a little more selection. The eggs and sausages are really oily to the point we could not eat them. We stick to boiled and poached eggs instead. There is a little work that needs to be done with the staff as to understanding guest requests. It's just hard to communicate. The golf cart service was great, although we didn't mind walking the steps and hills either. Great exercise. We rented a scooter and travelled back and forth from pa tong. A little overwhelming but it's a nice drive. Lets just say this, if you want to stay at a 5 star resort, stay out of pa tong, if you want to stay in a 4 star or less, stay in pa tong. Here is where you will feel like you are on vacation.

• Stayed January 2013
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments! We love to hear your feedback in order to continue improving to make all our guests overall stay that much better. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay and got the opportunity to relax and of course make the most of the Spa.

We hope you can return sometime soon!

Emma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Andara Resort and Villas
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!