“Perfect”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It really is very hard to fault Paresa. The setting is as spectacular as the pictures suggest, the staff were fantastic and the villas are beautiful. I have had the privilege of staying in a number of luxury hotels over the years but Paresa really was the best of the bunch.

Almost everywhere at Paresa is graced with jaw-dropping views, but the main pool is something quite extrordinary, particularly at sunset. Grab a sunbed, order a g&t and watch the sun sink into the sea. Linger a little longer and the pool comes to life as the "stars" light up beneath the water.

"Heaven-of-all-heavens"... a bold claim. It absolutely delivers!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind review! I'm happy to hear you took full advantage of the Infinity Pool experience, it is rather spectacular!

We hope you can return soon!

Emma

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Service is below average with most staff unable to understand English which is strange for a 5 star.
The rooms/villas don't offer privacy that most villas would in any other hotel/resort. Other guests are able to see into various areas of your villa.
The Paresa restuarant is tiny, and if it rains the restaurant cannot handle even 20% of hotel guests if they decided to do breakfast at the same time. The menu is very limited and the meals are small. The breakfast buffet is not really a buffet but some fruit, juice and cereal made available.
The location is ok for the view from your room but most resorts that are so isolated therefore offer more amenities but there are none here. The Paresa gym is possibly the worst hotel gym in all of Asia and most people have more equipment in their home than is available here.
Getting around Paresa is a pain. Either walk the steep inclines or wait for a buggy. If its raining your sure to get wet as Paresa is not designed to be comfortable for guests in when the rain starts.
The entrance looks great and when you first arrive the views are special but once that wears off there is not much left to enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2012
EmmaParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for your review we appreciate hearing the feedback.

With regards to some of your comments I would have to disagree and would like to highlight the following with regards to your review.

Most of our competitors do not offer views from their pool villas, this is a unique part of Paresa, that you can have your own private pool in your villa with views of the sea and sunset. Also like other resorts you have the option of walking around the resorts path ways or requesting a buggy, this is pretty standard for any resort laid out with villas and not a high rise hotel.

Most of our staff speak English as their second language very well, but we continue to work with our resort English teacher in continually improving their skills.

Yes if the weather changes during breakfast time guests cannot sit outside and we only have the indoor area which comfortably seats our guests, luckily they don’t normally all come down at the same time as breakfast runs from 7am -1030am and till 12noon on Sundays.
With regards to the breakfast we offer a full continental buffet for guests to help themselves:
-Selection of tropical fruits and juices
-Fruit and juice station with our chef preparing fresh fruit and juices of the guests choice
-Selection of homemade breads
-Selection of pastries from chocolate to croissants
-Selection of muffins
-Selection of cold meats and cheeses
-Selection of milks and cereals
-Selection of organic yogurts
Plus A La Carte order of any hot dish from our menu of 12 European items from Omelets and Eggs Benedict to Coconut Waffles etc or 6 Thai style items plus your choice of normal sides, bacon, tomatoes, hash browns etc

Finally after eating all that, you will find our fully equipped with top of the line commercial equipment by Life Fitness gym, not a home gym. Please visit our youtube channel ParesaPhuket to see videos of the gym and also views from our villas and resort.

With Our Spa, Thai Cooking School, Gym and instructor, library, boutique, dining options from Mediterranean to Thai menus plus Recipe by Ryan, private BBQ, Infinity pool dinners and Infinity Bar for sunsets and Kamala Beach…… Plus a full range of excursions around the island and to the islands of Phang na Bay, golf, elephant riding, shopping there is plenty to do while staying at Paresa.

Scot

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went there for a weekend break, 2 weeks ago,
Had the aqua suite, which had lovely views of the ocean.
Clean, and lovely ammentites, from Harrn.
Shower and bath were great, looking onto ocean,
Outdoor shower cool,

The included dinner was lovely, possibly too much food for us!
It was my birthday, and Paresa made a lovely layered ganache choc cake, which we ate for the next 2 days.
Another lovely touch was when we had to get a ferry to Phi Phi, early, and hence would miss the amazing breakfast... they arranged 2 breakfast boxes to be delivered at 6am!
It was full of lovely goodies.

Breakfasts are amazing, the spanish egg is great.

Overall the resort is spotless clean, toilets look always brand new, library a very nice thought, gym appropriately fitted out for a holiday workout, just where was the jbl ipod player at 8am?
As i wanted to play some music!

Buggies get you around as we were on the hill, and my gf couldn't walk in heels.
other facilities- led lit edgeless pool amazing.

Angels were of great help.
If anything I would say, possibly better grasp of English by the waiters at the restaurant would be great.

Airport drop off and pickup staff excellent!

Room Tip: get a higher room, with a view, use buggies, make requests clearly to staff. have dinner in restaur...
1  Thank DOCWAYNE
EmmaParesa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a memorable birthday and stay here at Paresa! I hope we get to celebrate many more with you!

Emma Davison

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in the Novotel in London W6 once. Its modern, clean lobby suggested a well-appointed hotel but round the first corner of the staircase and the horror of unkempt hallways, sparse and seedy rooms with the fixtures of a holding cell unfolded.

Here, the experience is entirely the opposite - at the nondescript entrance I felt we'd showed up at a modern, small, non-denominational church by mistake. Down some stairs is a lobby like an empty museum hall, devoid of any comfortable seating. The 'miracle lawn' you pass en route to the rest of the resort is a square patch of turf on the top of a cliff - the only thing miraculous is how anyone with a hint of vertigo ever got through a wedding ceremony held on it. However the stairs down to the pool and rooms should perhaps be called 'miracle steps' because you descend them saying a silent prayer to the Lord that you don't fall head-over-heels down them.

The pool though defines 'infinity' - lie on one of the beds in the pool (there are only four pairs so best be early in peak season) and your view beyond its edge is to where the sea meets the sky.

And once in the room you quickly decide you don't want to leave. Our Aqua suite was comfortable, spacious and well-laid out. It's Thai style but not the gaudy King & I/your local Thai restaurant version, here's it's elegant and understated. Bed was large and comfortable and inviting - the sheets alone probably cost more than some of the beds in other 5 star Phuket hotels (cough_The Surin). The bathroom alone is bigger than most hotel rooms - reviewers have complained about its glass-walled toilet but families and bashful couples just need to follow the same etiquette as in most hotels where bath/shower, sink and WC are in one room smaller than a quarter of the size - there's really no problem.

Minor gripes:
Steps and Inclines: The resort is built on the side a cliff so in exchange for the great views you do have to expect to be out of breath by the time to get from your room to breakfast every morning. Alternatively you can call for one of the hotel's golf carts.

Restaurant: Yes the staff and service can be a bit slow and you may sometimes be given someone else's order at breakfast. But the hot menu is cooked-to-order and some of the waiters will let you order 2 when you're only supposed to have one - and you can eat your fill of the fresh fruits and continental items while you wait. Yes the hotel website suggests it has two restaurants when in fact it's one room with two signs on the wall. And probably the food isn't likely to be the most delicious or best-value you've ever tasted; the Thai was fine but, as others have commented, this really isn't the place to order Italian. But there aren't many with better views.

Soundtrack: in almost all the common areas of the hotel there's no escape from a compilation CD which is probably entitled "Now That's What I Call Chill-Out". You can ignore it while it muzaks away at you during breakfast but spend a day around the main pool and you'll wish you bought earplugs. I'm as partial to airy synths, soft beats and whispering in French as the next man - in fact I have 18 hours of 'downtempo' on my own iPod - but I had to do my sunbathing and floating in our private pool to escape it.

Angels: Paresa means 'heaven of heavens' in sanskrit apparently and that's presumably why the staff are referred to as such. I just felt like I was at a 7-year old's birthday party every time I heard it. I didn't see anyone flying about and none of them passed me a message from God but they're very helpful and professional and you never feel like if you ask them to do anything for you'll end up getting a charge for all the phone calls they've made to confirm the flight that you have no paper proof you've actually booked (for example).

There are many nice touches such as the tasty Thai bites delivered to your room in the afternoon; JBL dock speaker provided with a loaded Ipod (featuring more Chill Out than you can shake a stick at), small library with a higher than average number of titles you actually want to read - the clientele seem to have taste as good as yours.

The downsides are all minor and but the ambience and the lovely room more than make up for them. The whole experience is very much in Trisara territory. A Paresa Aqua suite is about 30% smaller but 50% cheaper than the equivalent at Trisara.

I could happily retire to a life in either.

Room Tip: Unless you're traveling with friends or you're prepare to take your chances in low season, t...
2  Thank DomPerignon02
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your review and comments! I'm glad you had a wonderful stay at Paresa and enjoyed the infinity pool experience!

I hope you return soon!

Scot

Reviewed October 18, 2012

To get away from busy city life, my husband and I spend 3 nights at Paresa. We had thought that we were going to Phuket but after checking in Paresa we realized that we had gone to that resort. It is a beautiful and peaceful place. We had stayed at Aqua suite which was HUGE. Attached infinity pool had most romantic view of Andaman sea. Though we would have preferred a little more privacy from the maid's room next door, we were not disturbed at all. As other reviewers have said that the Thai food selection was exquisite, Italian pizza wasn't bad either. Their main infinity pool is beautiful. Because of off season, we had it pretty much to ourself even after closing time of 6:00pm. It is most wonderful at the time of sunset and a star filled night.

The resort runs hourly shuttle service to Kamala beach where they have beach beds and attendants. On our last day, our driver took to Hua beach because of some construction at Kamala. It turned out to be more beautiful and relaxing than other beaches (though we had to pay for beach beds there).

In the end it was memorable stay. The resort is beautiful and service is pretty decent. We surely had a great time at 'heaven of heavens'.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be disturbed by the splash overflow from infinity pool of the room above yo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h_atlanta
Paresa, Guest Relations Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your heavenly stay at Paresa. The infinity pool is defiantly something spectacular and i'm glad you got to experience it in full during your stay.

Our team of Angels hope you can return sometime soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at Paresa in Kamala Phuket. The resort and villas are really well designed with spectacular views over the Andaman Sea. Overall I loved the resort, although I did have a couple of gripes. On the first night the air-conditioner broke down in our villas at 3am. We found the lack of response from the hotel management a little strange for a 5 star resort. The other gripe was the restaurant. The restaurant menu was fairly limited, the food underwhelming and expensive. When you are paying higher than Australian prices for food and beverages in Thailand, you expect these to be spot on. We also found the spa prices to be prohibitive. The resort is a little isolated which meant that you had to pay approximately 500 - 900 baht each way to be taken to nearby towns for restaurants and spas. Despite these gripes, we still loved our stay at Paresa and would return. I also liked the use of Thann toiletry products in the resort.

Some suggestions for the management team would include placing a couch or other seating in the reception area as there is nowhere to sit, have a 'happy hour' each night on the lawn at sunset, offer discounts at the spa, improve the selection / standard of food served in the restaurant and an alarm clock in the villas would be helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WhingaholicTravellor

Thank you for your review and comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our personal touch with the Thann toiletry products! I have taken your comments into consideration for future improvement at our resort.

We have introduced weekly sunset complimentary cocktails on the miracle lawn for our guests to enjoy. I do hope that you will return soon and be able to join us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

For that getaway from it all location and privacy par excellent I can't recommend this place enough. The infinity pool is beautiful and if you are lucky enough to have a night time swim, its like swimming in the clouds with the 100 of led lights. It was hard to tell where the night sky ended and the pool began. Really magical! Villas are well appointed and nice touches like the iPod player are welcome. The bath leading to the private pool, leading to the ocean view was stunning. Although there were other guests nothing seemed to intrude your privacy. the spa is also excellent You can not come here and not try out one of the treatments or the amazing views from the balcony to enjoy your post spa refreshments. Just a couple of recommendations to make this place 100% perfect!

After a week of Thai cuisine I just felt like something different, so I went for the Italian menu. All I can say is drop the Italian menu in the restaurant. It is just average food, this was a low point for me and the first Italian restaurant where they have no pepper mill at the ready. I had the classic tomato, basil, mozzarella, followed by the chef's signature spaghetti carbonara. So bland! They should focus on the excellent local thai food and put some organic twist on it.

The glass toilet looks great to view and balances the symmetries of the bathroom, but you really don't want to walk in on your partner crouching over the toilet. Kills the romance in an instance and if you are travelling with a friend it's just awkward.

I'm putting this down to the shy Thai nature, but if the staff could be a bit more direct or attentive a the right moment. It would be nice to ask if I'm enjoying the meal, would I like more coffee or just clear the empty dishes from the table when they bring you something else. Silly I know, but when you are paying these prices there is a service to be expected. They do eventually ask and do these things, but always at the last moment. Also I was called the day before I left to confirm checkout. I was told someone would pick up my bags at 10 to the hour, 5 to the hour settle my bill and on the hour drive back to the airport. I even got a letter that evening to confirm this, so next morning rush to breakfast and back to the room for 10 to the our. 10 after the hour call the lobby to ask about the pickup. Then on the way to check out asked if I want to go for breakfast and again after settling my bill. If only they had explained this a little better it would have made a better exit.

Finally but this is just par for the course on hotel beds in Asia, they are hard and futon like. A spring base bed would have really made me think I was in heaven.

Fix these minor things and I would give this resort 10 out of 10. Either way I would certainly recommend and hope to return when I need to escape from the world and unwind. Excellent resort. I also want to note I felt no need to use the safe deposit box or lock my room. The place felt very secure and a safe haven.

Room Tip: As for a map of the resort. I spent the first 24 hours being whisked around by golf cart as I didn...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Club_Lounge_Guest

Thank you for your review and comments, they have been taken into consideration to overall improve our resort. With regards to the service, at the time we had just introduced a whole new food and beverage team so unfortunately service was not up to scratch.

i'm glad you found Paresa the perfect place to escape to and unwind! We look forward to your return.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 1 in Pa Khlok
Andara Resort and Villas
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!