The Bell Pool Villa Resort Phuket
Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$141
$113
Aquamarine Resort & Villa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$81
$55
Agoda.com
$99
$74
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$76
$69
U Zenmaya Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
Agoda.com
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$820
$762
The Naka Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$351
$275
Trip.com
Paresa Resort Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
$693
$570
Priceline
All reviewsapple tvbutler servicebutler phonehigh wallskamala beachmanager danielour honeymooncomplete privacyfree shuttleliving roompool villaroom serviceprivate paradiseprivate chefbreakfast is servedeach morningupon check
Reviewed June 30, 2012

On our.journey to The Bell ( after leaving Karon) I wondered where we were heading but on arrival I knew I made the right choice. The Bell is a little away from the craziness of Patong and it's truly worth the visit. Our arrival was great we were looked after from the time we arrived to the time we left. Lovely cold Lemon Grass Tea and cold face clothes while we waited for our room. The entry into the villa was the best, well appointed, pool amazing , frangipani tree in bloom, Thai music to play to set the scene. Bathrooms, bedroom,lounge,outdoor areas so very cool. You can walk to the beach if you wish but it was too hot so the Bell driver dropped us off so we could walk Kamala beach and explore the area. Breakfast of your choice from a rather extensive menu served in your villa each morning. I took the cooking lesson in the villa and had a great time. The Bell is amazing and worth while visiting, if I returned I would want to take friends to share the experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Overall, everything was quite ok until the day we checked out which we had a minor issue.

Pros:
- Nice beautiful spacious villa with a decent size pool.
- sitting outside at the terrace listening to the sound of the pool was a charm.
- The breakfast was ordered the night before and served into our pool villa.
- Staff was very friendly and helpful
- We had a night of BBQ and I must say, we made a mess; we used up all the dishes, cups, utensils of the kitchen but the next day, everything was cleaned for us and the stove top was cleaned spotless.
- The Butler system was nice. We get our own cell phone and can call the butler anytime of the day to ask him/her for assistance.
- In my opinon, if you're from a western country where you live in big houses or have very spacious living area, this MIGHT not be as attractive to you. If you live in Asia area, where usually living space is a luxury, then you will find The Bell Villa satisfying.
- You can chill in the pool at night and look up in the sky and see all the beautiful stars

Cons:
- It is quite secluded
- The Bell does provide free shuttle to Patong and Kamala beach, but I find the schedule not freidnly as there are only 2 free shuttles per day to Patong beach(which is the busiest area, and where all the action is)
- If you want seaview, this is NOT the place you want to stay
- There are no facilities in the hotel (ie: gym, bar with tv...etc)

Back to the issue, we checked out on our last day and found an extra THB 100 charge on our bill and we questioned the front desk. They told us that we had broken a wine glass, which we were sure we did not, two nights before and it was the cost of the glass. I mean, THB 100 is a very small charge but we were not happy the way they handled it. They even offered to give us the broken glass as evidence, and we just had a little laugh of it. HOw can you prove the broken glass was from our Villa?? Anyways, we just paid the THB 100 and left it as that. We found that they should of informed us immediately the day they found the broken glass and tell us about it, not wait until two days after.

Besides that little story, it was a good experience.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RW910

Dear R W,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us in here and share your experience with other travelers.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, private villas as well as the service concept we have. We try to always do things a little different and personalize the service for our guests.

I will also pass on the good comments about our staff to continue to motivate them in going the extra mile.

As for our location, I assume we always advertise accurately where we are, so I would hope there is no confusion there. We are very happy with the location of the resort, being on the west coast, where all the beautiful beaches and beach cubs are, being close to the action in Patong, BUT still be in a true quiet, tropical environment. Not a lot of resorts have all these things covered.

As for the facilities, yes we are not a typical large hotel with full facilities. We have a brand new lounge / restaurant called Zhong though, as well as us catering for a lot of in-villa services such as in-villa spa, yoga, cooking classes, etc. We also handmade a bunch of trips and experiences around the island for you to experience.

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the broken glass. I'm sure our team didn't mean bad, they just tried to follow procedure. Again, we should have understood the bigger picture of 5* service better.

Thank you for your helpful comments, they will continue to help us improve our boutique resort.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We travelled in a group of 10 so we picked the 4-bedroom villa + 2 extra beds @ The Bell. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The villa was pretty much the same as we saw on their website so we were quite happy for the value that we paid for. The villa was clean and well equipped.

We just had breakfast throughout our 3 nights there and they were marvelous, tasty + big portion..we ended up having late lunch everyday.

The only problem was with the wifi, it didn't work on the first two days but they managed to fix it on the third day. Very efficiency indeed

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jo H,

Thank you for taking time to review us on here.

I'm glad to hear that your group enjoyed one of our large 4 bedroom villas. We are quite proud of the large villas with butler service since it's quite a unique offering for luxury boutique resorts.

In the mean while we have done some good Preventive Maintenance on all wifi in our resort and all issues should be resolved as of now.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I spent 4 nights in a 3-bedroom villa at the Bell Pool Villa Resort. To confirm booking, we were asked to pay 50% of the total accommodation costs upfront, and the remainder when we checked in. Very odd to have to pay everything before even seeing the villa, but we went ahead.

The villa itself was beautiful - exactly as advertised. Private pool, Thai/Chinese style and very spacious. However, we did not have hot water to shower and had to wait for 3 hours (and many people entering our villa) for their staff to sort out the problem. Every morning we were served a delicious and huge breakfast, enough to feed our family for both breakfast and lunch. Generally we had a good stay and the villa is very family friendly. The staff are accommodating and helpful with suggestions in and around the Kamala area.

Cons, we had red ants (that bite) invade our clean towels and in one of the beds due to the rain. We also again had no hot water the day we were leaving however the manager of the Bell discounted 50% off of our villa expenses and gave us a complimentary ride back to the airport which made up for it. The Bell is in an isolated location which made it difficult to take our young toddler around.

I would not go back to the Bell based on our personal experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 852Tina

Dear 852Tina,

Thank you for taking time to review our resort.

I am sorry you didn't like the payment conditions you personalize chose for. I believe the rate you booked with us was a very special rate with less flexible payment conditions. We also had other promotions running with more flexible conditions. We only follow the conditions advertised.

As for the hot water issue, we are truly sorry. These issues should not occur upon checking in and I assure you it is not the level of service we tend to provide towards our guests.
Having that said I believe our staff did a pretty good job fixing it right away (resort was running full and we only had a very short time in between).

The Bell always continues to renovate and invests a lot in maintaining or improving the villas and infrastructures, which I believe you also saw throughout your stay.

As for the ants, we mentioned to you on that day that our resort is located in a tropical environment and spilling food, or in this case milk, on the bed can attract ants. We always try to explain this to guests, because all we can do is clean up afterwards, which we immediately did!

Thank you for your review, and I hope we can welcome you again to The Bell so you can truly experience our boutique and personalized service.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Bell Pool Villa in December. It was magnificent. Staff were a delight. Our butler looked after us beautifully. Breakfasts were exquisite. Location was perfect to unwind.Highly recommend this holiday destination.

Room Tip: They are all good !!!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank markBrisbane
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Marc,

Thank you for your beautiful comments about your experience at The Bell.

Creating a fantastic experience for travelers coming to Phuket and making them happy is exactly why we are doing this!

See you next time!