“Beautiful hotel.Great spot.and staff-”

Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from two beautiful weeks here.
One cannot fault the staff and check in, with the choice of essential oils was delightful.
Staff like Pong at breakfast and Bird were so helpful and friendly.
Our seaview room was gorgeous. not huge but well appointed.
Food and drinks by the pool were really well priced.I suggest cocktails in the Vanilla Sky Bar-stunning views and we booked a dinner at Plum , the restaurant with also views to die for.
Book a pod where you sit over the water-amazing !!!!!
The only downside was the occasional Chinese kid by the pool-very noisy, but they were gone by the time brekky had finished.Also I should mention the shuttle service into Patong at 4.30 pm everyday.
One needs to prebook early as we missed out two days in a row and were not happy.
We complained to management and the duty manager apologised.
Not really good is it.
Overall though we had a lovely holiday and would definitely retun to Cape Sienna.
Excellent value foe money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side as the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Grochie2013,

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
You are right about the Chinese kids, as I explained in earlier responses. During their main school holidays July and August we do get some with groups in house. The nature of them however is that shortly after breakfast they will all go on excursions and latest by 11am you won't see them around the pool.

After your comments about shuttle service we now added another one during the day to give more flexibility to our guests. Thank you for bringing this up.

Looking forward to Welcome you back in the near future.

Frank Dreist

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Cape Sienna upon purchasing a Scoopon - and were pleasantly surprised by how breathtaking the hotel really is right from the welcoming foyer through to our studio room. Our expectations were truly exceeded by this beautiful , peaceful and clean hotel not only by the surroundings but by the outstanding staff who were there to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
Despite being 10 - 15 minutes by taxi/tuk tuk to Patong, we still found plenty of places close by (walking distance) to eat and shop and we didn't have to spend all our time at the hotel (however the facilities there would have allowed us to!). Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Rachael_S_G,

thank you so much for your great review.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that we exceeded your expectations.

Looking forward to Welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I don't really want to write this review because, as I get older I realize that the more I tell people about the special things and places I've done, seen or in this case stayed at, the more people go there, do that and so on which tends to ruin these things, so I don't really want to review Cape Sienna because I don't want the secret to get out.
But I also feel compelled to write about our experience there because it was truly so special and deserving of some high praise, so,....
Some words that spring to mind about Cape Sienna, Luxurious, Beautiful, Friendly, Professional, Clean, somewhat secluded but still close enough to the action and before i get the thesaurus out I will just say that they genuinely want to make your stay as good as it can be, and that's not just the guy's in charge but every single staff member so they have got it worked out here and they do everything with ease.
My partner and I will take our fond memories of this incredibly beautiful hotel/resort with its white marble pools, spa's and infinity water surrounding receptions, restaurants, balconies and bars with us forever. But our hearts were won over by the friendly genuine smiles, jokes and interactions with all their beautiful staff and other guests. Something money does not buy.
So Frank, Yut, ladies and Gentlemen of Cape Sienna please take a moment, take a bow, give each other a pat on the back because you have all performed your jobs faultlessly, and for Renaye and myself you made our two week stay with you all a pleasure and an unforgettable experience so let us thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
We have started saving and will see you all next year.
Kind regards,
Tim and Renaye.

Room Tip: high up is better
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tim w

Dear Tim W,

thank you so very much for your fantastic review and the time writing it.
It really was heart warming to read your lines and your feedback.
We truly do strive to give our customers a great experience and every time we do not meet or exceed their expectations we do honestly feel sad.

I absolutely wish all of our guests would feel like you did when you left us....amazing.

We are looking anxiously forward to see you next year.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

the hotel it's really nice, super cozy but some things happened, I booked a room with jacuzzi, when I arrived was the first floor with a pretty bad seaview , complained and put me on the 3rd floor room was wonderful but not been able to change the scents the soap and shampoo that I had chosen but okay, wifi did not work any day inside the room, every day I complained about the internet so I had to go to the balcony or connect to the lobby, the curtain in the bathroom was broken and not packed, cleaning the jacuzzi, room and the towels were not good compared to a resort. the room has a candle that smells light only came in 1 day. The main pool very good, very good service, food prices OK, but the price of drinks very expensive. Sienna rocks beautiful but very poorly maintained and dirty, the restaurant plum I had made a reservation outside and the consequence of rain in the afternoon they closed but not warned me about it.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank antonielle

Dear Antonielle,

thank you for your feedback, it is helping us in addressing our shortcomings and I do apologize for not having entirely satisfied you during your stay with us.

As we did not receive feedback from other guests about Wifi during your stay we only noticed after you mentioned that one of the Wifi receivers in the area was out of order. This has been rectified.

There was bad weather during your stay and with this lots of rain and leaves which has certainly given us a bit of a challenge on the lower Sienna Rocks pool.

Unfortunately about your Sala table reservation we can't really forecast the weather and just have to go along with it, hoping that guests understand they can't sit outside when it is raining.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Good international hotel located in a quiet part of Phuket, Kamala.
On Millionaire's Mile, surrounded by upmarket hotels & prestige residences of the rich & famous.
Good layout, overlooking the sea with ample pools & spas. A number of restaurants and bars with great views. Great food and drinks, if somewhat overpriced. However, one would expect premium prices in a hotel. Usual bland buffet breakfast as with many hotel chains. Many good restaurants within walking distance, so choices are available at sensible prices. Quite noisy due to tour groups & less than sophisticated travelers, so don't expect a peaceful sleep. Slamming doors at all hours and raised voices, detract from the peace. Wi Fi internet very slow & unreliable. One has to log on each time, so very annoying.
Overall, pretty good experience for a large hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The place is "nice" but they really need to work on the little things. First off, the breakfast is the worst. Cape Sienna is the last hotel I have stayed in for a three week vacation. Every other hotel did a much better job. Second, room service only runs until 23:00. This is a vacation resort right? Room service needs to be 24/7. Finally, the customer service is third rate at best. We stayed in the Penthouse, it is a very nice room, but on the first day we inquired about possibly obtaining a villa. A villa is much more money, but we figured, what the hell, we are on vacation. The front desk people did not seem interested in us changing rooms or answering our questions. Overall, its a nice place, but for the money we paid I am positive there are a lot of places we can get better bang for the buck.

Room Tip: The penthouse isn't that much more expensive than a standard room and is way nicer, just a tip
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Benman72951
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We are currently staying here in the spa suite. Peaceful, quiet, beautiful, well appointed resort. We were looking for a nice relaxing getaway.

Very excited to find an adult only hotel free of children under 12 (so it says on the website.)

First 3 days, amazing. Peaceful. Today I wake up to about 12 screamsng children all over the pool area: screaming, splashing water everywhere and bumping into guests trying to enjoy their breakfast in peace.

You advertise a no child disruption environment, yet today I can see, this is not the case. Very unfortunate. If this goes on, we will cancel the remainder of our stay and go elsewhere.

I have mentioned this to reception. They didn't seem to mind. I would give all excellents 5/5 if it weren't for this noisy environment. It spoils the peaceful setting you have created.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank sycosonic29
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Sycosonic29,

thank you for your review during your stay.

We do actually state on our website that during the Low Season: Children under 12 years are not recommended in the resort whereas in the High Season: Children under 12 years are not allowed.
We do get sometimes groups (especially during this time Mid July till Mid August) who have children with them, as it is main School holidays in mainland China.
The only time when you will see them is during breakfast till about 10:30 in the morning around the pool. After that they go out on tours.
I do understand that this is not what you have thought it to be and would appreciate if you come and talk to us again how we can make you happy.
I don't believe you will find other hotels in Phuket with 'less' children, rather more as our policy at least reduces the interest to come with children.

Also, our Sienna Rocks pool would be always quiet.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Frank Dreist

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 35 in Kamala
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!