“Happy with my choice!”

Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Since this is my first stay in Phuket, I may not be able to give the best comparison. Free WIFI & DVD player (that plays genuine discs only) is provided.

The sea view is breath taking; every room comes with a piece of the sea which you can enjoy from your balcony. You can also indulge in sea views from the lobby & pool side.

Despite minimal flaws in maintenance, the room is clean and spacious. My only complain is the basin that is too shallow such that water flows out easily and I can easily hear people talking at the corridoor or leg chairs screeching from above.

Tried their Monday night BBQ buffet by the pool with accoustic singing @ 990 baht nett. The ambience was great. Restaurant & Room Service food is not fantastic but pleasant. No complains on their service; hotel employees can converse in English.

Takes about 10 mins walk to the nearest 7-11 and 20 mins to Kamala Beach, which is less populated than Patong Beach. Taxis here are much expensive compared to Bangkok; 500 baht airport-hotel and hotel-Patong Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear FiftyEiffel,

Thank you very much for your time to write this review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your 1st stay on Phuket and with us.

We hope that you will come back to Phuket and us in the near future.

frank Dreist

Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Firstly let me start by saying, the location is good, the views are great, the hot water was hot, the bed was comfy, breakfast and lunch was good and the rooms were spacious.

Where the hotel falls down however is as follows. It is a poorly finished hotel with significant maintenance required in the guest rooms and the public areas. It feels grubby, for example glass surfaces and in particular the floors appear to not have had a good clean in ages. The decor is of a bland and uninteresting design and is poorly finished. It lacks the warmth that many Thai hotels are famous for.

During our four day stay with the hotel, not once did we sight anyone resembling a manager. The staff were left up to their own devices and were unable on several occasions to make decisions or resolve the most basic issues.

The 2000 baht voucher promotion is a ridiculous administrative nightmare which is not clearly explained to guests and is not understood by the staff.

We have stayed in some excellent hotels in Phuket which charge similar rates (e.g. Twin Palms and Indigo Pearl). Cape Sienna is not up to the same standards as these hotels by a long shot.

These are management issues and in no way are the comments directed at the staff as individuals who were courteous and friendly at all times.

Room Tip: Go to Twim Palms at Surin Beach instead
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea I
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Andrea I,

thank you for sharing your views about our resort, of course we would have loved if you would have mentioned anything to us during your stay in order to make you feel more comfortable.
We have looked into your comments and have to admit that there were minor maintenance issues in your room and they will be addressed immediately. Our top floor rooms have been in very high demand over the past 3-4 months and we rarely had the opportunity to address some of the maintenance issues. We already started this month to go systematically thru our rooms to catch up (something we do every year after the peak season).

Your comment about not seeing a manager was a little confusing, as you actually had spoken to my Front Office manager the day before departure about transportation. My Food & Beverage manager is also every day at breakfast and at lunch around the pool to talk to guests, so is my customer service supervisor Khun Yut.

Rest assured that we do take your comments very seriously and wish to get another opportunity to show you why we have so many happy customers and repeaters.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

View is great. Facility may be closed to 5 star, but the service is just 2 star.

1. the swipe card became invalid a couple of times. I needed to go a long way (it is far!) back to the reception to reactive it.

2. there was one night, the power were off twice and I was woken up because it is too hot.

3. they forgot to give me the internet password. I called them and they tried to tell me over the phone, which did not work out in the end and asked me to go a long way to the reception to collect it myself.

4. Left key in the room. Then I go to the reception to ask for help. A lady asked to to go to outside the room again and she would call someone to open the door for me. I waited in front of the door for 10 minutes and no one comes.

5. The room we were first given did not have a great sea view and we asked for a change. We called them 3 times For each of the three times, they said they will called me back in 5 minutes, but they never called me back!!! Never!!

6. No sorry at all for anything bad that happened!

If you just like the sea view and do not care about the quality of service, try it.
If you do, care about quality, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peihong K

Dear David K,

we are sad that you did not feel treated properly by our staff and that you especially had to encounter issues with the key card and power cuts.
Your comments were well noted and had been subject in our daily management meetings, as I believe they could have easily been avoided and as you like the facilities ultimately made your stay a better one.
We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

After long hours of searching and decision making, overseas, for the perfect location and wedding package, my husband and I decided on Cape sienna. The location was perfect and they offered a wonderful, affordable wedding package. Khun Anne, the event coordinator, did such a wonderful job communicating with us that I had no doubt this was the perfect place. Upon arrival the hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The view from the lobby was amazing and the breakfast every morning was something my husband and I both enjoyed very much.

We stayed in two different rooms, first the deluxe jacuzzi suite which was gorgeous, spacious and very relaxing. The only issue we had was the jacuzzi over flowing. In our second room, the jacuzzi suite, it was a lot smaller and warmer but that didn't ruin our honeymoon. Just a FYI don't put any food out for even a second. My wedding cake was covered in ants within a matter of minutes after setting it out. :(

The hotel was in close proximity to kamala beach and away from the night life. The local food was wonderful but I think my husband and I preferred the street food in patong. Shopping was very minimal and a lot more expensive. If you want to plan trips or go anywhere outside of kamala make sure you find a cheap taxi service because traveling got expensive fast.

All in all, our trip was amazing. The highlight of our stay was our symbolic ceremony that cape sienna hosted. Everything was perfect, from the orange and yellow flowers to the bouquet to the pictures and the wonderful food. If anyone is looking for a place to get hitched I highly recommend cape sienna for its affordability and hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Gigi8786

Dear Gigi8786,

thank you so much for you kind words, it was a great pleasure to share this very important moment with you and we are more than delighted that you enjoyed yourself greatly in our resort.

Of course we will be waiting for you to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us, or of course to welcome you earlier if your travel brings you to Phuket again.

With Best REgards,
frank Dreist

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hotel has a beautiful view from the rooms, the pool and the lobby. Staff is friendly. Breakfast has a wide variety but maybe little too crowded at peak times. Breakfast staff is also little ignoring and has no smile on their faces. Good things: the pool, the view, fast and stable wifi connection and the breakfast. Not so goods: restaurants and rooms service quality and variety is not so good. Also location can be little difficult for some guests, we drive a motorbike so it was not an issue for us. Overall: pleasant stay.
Tips: recommend to upgrade to a suite!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank susanna t
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Upon on our arrival we spoke to the receptionist who was very welcoming and friendly, she gave us a good information briefing about the hotel and even walked us up to our room.
We had breakfast included in our package which was well worth it in my opinion as it is all you can eat buffet with a massive variety of both western and Asian foods plus all other restaurants are a 5-10 minute walk.

The location and views from the hotel are stunning especially from the second pool sienna rocks which overlooks the Andaman sea and kamala beach (amazing sunsets). The hotel is on top of the hill on kamala bay so it's safe and also more quiet and secluded than other hotels just be prepared to pay for a taxi when you want to get out and about, there are local guys with a taxi service less than 30 secs walk from the driveway of the hotel which are relatively cheap and a much safer option than the motorbike hire which also has no insurance.
Patong beach is roughly a 15 minute drive depending on peak traffic.

The food in all 3 restaurants is delicious,clean and fair value for a 5 star hotel however you can eat a lot cheaper elsewhere, the plum restaurant is amazing, very romantic, great food if you like a la carte but a bit pricey.

The staff are extremely friendly and polite however they only speak limited English as though I believe is the case with most Thai hotels, the only real downsides in my opinion is the pool closes early 7pm so no romantic twilight swims and there is no real coffee in the hotel if you enjoy a real good barista made coffee but all in all the place is amazing and I would definitely recommend and also revisit cape sienna again.

Thank you Cape Sienna for making our holiday a dream come true.

Room Tip: When making reservation request a room with an ocean view with Jacuzzi, it may cost additional $$$ b...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angelica W

Dear Angelica W,

thank you very much for your fantastic review. We are most delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have great memories of your time in Phuket.

We will be looking forward to Welcome you back soon to Cape Sienna.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

During check in, we were asked to pick a scent from 5 choices of aromatherapy infused shower gels. Very nice touch.

The room is spacious, the bed very comfortable and the view, spectacular. When we first checked in, there was a rather strong pee smell in the bathroom. We called housekeeping and they came to wash it again. Now that was quite a turn off. On the table near the kettle, we saw quite a number of ants. We had no idea where they were coming from. We tried not to leave food stuff out, hoping the ants would eventually go away.

Every night, they provided a turn down service and they would burn aromatherapy essence in the room. The breakfast was not too bad. Its at the poolside with a view facing the Andaman Sea.

I preferred the pool at Sienna Rocks. Its just across the road from the hotel. Its less crowded, quiet and very relaxing with an awesome view.

It is about a 10-15 min walk to the town area. And there is a 7-eleven at the foot of the hill that Cape Sienna sits on.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would love to come back here.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank shazcarvalho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 35 in Kamala
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!