We had stayed in Kamala a few times previously and thought it was time to finish our 2 weeks in the greater Phuket/Krabi area with a change. As soon as we reached the lobby with the huge glass windows and the view over the bay, we were impressed. Friendly staff with a towel and welcoming drink and quick check in. Then shown to a nice sized room with a spectacular view, and comfortable seats on the balcony. The room had all the normal features plus a couch and coffee table and excellent lighting to read which is suprisingly rare even in good hotels. I agree with some comments that the pool was a bit close to the restaurant area and that the ' rocks ' iinfinity pool is quiet and relaxing.
Some of the previous comments about breakfast puzzle us-we thought there was an excellent selection- either pre cooked or by order, with good museli , delicious croissants and breads and fruit. At lunch it was also good quality. What annoyed me was the extremely high mark up on water, beer etc -4-5 times at least. So probably like most others coming back from the beach we stopped at the 7 -eleven down the road for a bottle of cold wine or beer to finish the day on our balcony. Its a15 minute walk to the beach which we enjoy for swimming and walking right to the very end to have a cheap local lunch at the Pakarang cafe with good food and a friendly owner. Plenty of cheap eating and drinking places and lots of massage beds and beach chairs to rent for 50bht. Also plenty of choice for dining at night on the road behind the beach and we thought Basilico for Italian was very good - especially the lasagne.
We had one night at low season and 2 nights at high season which was quite an increase in price. If you want to walk out your hotel room right on to a sandy beach then this isnt for you. But if you dont mind a short 15 minute walk to the beach or restaurants or hire a scooter as some have done, and you can enjoy relaxing by the pools or your room with a great view in a stylish hotel then this should be ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket