“A rejuvenating stay with my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pe La Resort

The Pe La Resort
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Rome, Italy
“A rejuvenating stay with my family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

All it takes is a walk away from the hotel to reach the famous Kamala beach. Almost every evening my family and I went for a walk. A lovely small hotel is incredible with attractive ambience. It has two swimming pools inside the hotel. I strongly recommend a stay at their bungalow. If you are looking for excellent customer service, great food and pleasant stay, do not look any further, stay at the Royal Embassy Resort and Spa for it is so blissful and refreshing. I must thank Mr.Phil and the entire team there at Royal Embassy for making our trip and stay so special during our stay in Phuket.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at The Pe La Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Great to know you had a good time with us and we were able to make your holiday "really special"
It is the most gratifying thing to me, when a guest takes the time to write a review and sings our praises so highly. Was wonderful to meet you and your family, hope to see you back one day. Once again thank you for your kind comments. I really appreciate them
Regards
Owner/Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Travelling as a solo parent with a young child, I picked the Royal Embassy based on reviews highly commending the excellent service and friendliness of the staff. I am happy to report that all the reviews are true!

Prior to my trip, communication was quick and efficient by e-mail even hours before I was due to arrived as my flight was delayed and I updated the staff to re-arrange my airport pickup.

We stayed in a 1BR apartment which was spotlessly clean, spacious and well-appointed (kitchenette, bathroom, dining area and living area in addition to the bedroom). Our balcony overlooked the pool but it was never noisy. Yes, as other have noticed, there is a prayer call but it only woke me up once (never my child) so that's probably due to my being a light sleeper.

The Big C supermarket is a short walk away and you can buy whatever you need to stock up your kitchenette. I didn't do any cooking but ate in the restaurant - the food there is delicious (whether western or thai) and good value so I didn't see the point of cooking. I loved the watermelon shakes and my son, the mango shakes. Yum!

We never made it to Kamala beach, so I can't comment on the walk. My son enjoyed himself very much in both swimming pools and never wanted to go to the beach (the kids pool is maybe 90cm deep so if you have a toddler/baby you should bring flotation aids). He is about 1.2m tall and could just have his head above the water in the deepest part of the kids pool. There are floats and toys available for kids and adults to use.

The resort arranged our airport transfer, and also transport to Tiger Kingdom in the comfortable resort vehicles with friendly drivers. Also arranged for us was elephant trekking at Pang Chang Elephant Camp, which was about 5 mins away from the resort and you could add the charges to your room bill which was really convenient.

All the staff we met were lovely and friendly. The lady at the restaurant (sorry I didn't catch her name) always had a kind word for my son, and the owner, Phil and his wife are such lovely people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Petitcherie
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, on your stay with us here at Royal Embassy Resort.and for the wonderful comments. Did not realise, you never made it to the beach, but do remember that your daughter was a real little water baby and love the pool. Thai people love children, so all my staff are so happy when we have families stay with us, I consider myself very lucky to have such good people working with me and it really makes my day, when I read reviews such as yours, where our guests have had a wonderful time. Thank you also for the comments regarding Aree and myself, it was a real pleasure for us all, to have you stay with us.
Regards
Boston, Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Royal Embassy Resort is a small hotel on the island of Phuket located just north of Patong. The biggest difference is Kamala is a quiet community with a laid back attitude. They have apartments and 5 villas for rent. The hotel is located a short 10 minute walk to Kamala Bay beach and a large super market. The hotel does provide a shuttle to and from the beach and can arrange tours around the island of Phuket.. The grounds are immaculate and there are two pools for those that decide not to go to the beach. Staff is wonderful and met all of our requests. They have a restaurant on site and the food is as good as any you’ll eat in Thailand and reasonably priced. We rented a one bedroom apartment for our 3 week stay. The apartment was the cleanest room of any place we’ve ever stayed outside our own home. Don’t plan on cooking big meals here. There is a 2 pad electric burner and there could be more utensils and plates and bowls. I expect given the accommodating nature of the staff we could have gotten more if it had been important to us. As mentioned in other reviews there is a Mosque not far away and you do hear the required 5 daily calls to prayer, so you may be awakened before dawn if you’re a light sleeper. I wouldn’t count this as a negative, only be aware.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your kind comments about the staff and our resort. Really good to know that our service and housekeeping was at a high level for your entire stay of 3 weeks. Thank you also for making us aware regarding mimimal cooking utensils that we have taken on board. Next month when it is quieter, we will do an infantry in each apartment and replace what is missing, also we now have microwaves in all apartments, as well as the hotplates for cooking.
Manager/Owner
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This little resort is simply LOVELY! Our family of 4A2C stayed there on 29 Jan - 2 Feb in a 2-br appt on ground floor and had a great time there. Sitting in a quieter part of Kamala where the Big C is, it has everything you will need for a peaceful family holiday. Well-equipped kitchen had helped us fix a quick dinner when we arrived at the resort late at 9pm. The pool is a bit small but does its job, even my 80-year old mother-in-law had a dip in it one morning. There were even water guns and beach balls provided at the pool for some kiddy fun.

The only fault that I can find is probably the bathroom tiles in the shower - they became very slippery when wet and it's kinda hazardous. Btw, there's no shower screen to block off the water and we had to stand in a weird position in order not to flood the washroom.

The "resident rabbit" Jack is just too cute - my kids had fun looking for it first thing in the morning during our stay.

If you are driving and planning to go out and about, do take note that you will have to drive up and down hill very often esp going to Patong direction.

Room Tip: Choose the room on ground floor if there's elderly traveling in the group
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Connie N
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at The Pe La Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Connie, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Great to know you and your family enjoyed your stay so much and that your children loved "JACK" the rabbit and the toys etc at the pool. The slippery tiles surprised me a bit, as they are supposed to be non slip, however following your review, we had a look at it and found that the cleaning liquid our house keepers were using, did make them slippery, so we have changed to a more abrasive product, so there is no residue left on the tiles, so now not slippery. Regarding the shower water slashing out of the shower area, I agree, it is a nuisance,however the floor does dry super quickly, due the the warm temperatures all year round on Phuket Island
Many thanks for your constructive comments and I loved your heading, "Quaint little Gem"
Manager/Owner
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you are looking for a tranquil, relaxing escape from busy resorts, then this is an excellent choice. The hotel is low-rise and traditional. Our first night was in a 2 bedroom apartment (tasteful decor and very comfortable) before moving to a 1 bedroom bungalow (spacious, traditional, lovely photos on the walls and plenty of room for two people.) The resort is well set up, very well maintained, always spotless and run by the most friendly, helpful people who have taken care to recruit great staff. Up a slight rise from the town, it is an easy walk to and from the beach/shops etc, but the owner, Phil, also provides a shuttle service. The food was delicious and portions, especially at breakfast, were very generous. The pools are large enough for a proper swim with views of the hills and the wild myna birds and characterful rabbit provide lots more entertainment. It's a real gem of a place and I would definitely stay there again. Thank you all for a wonderful week.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the pools and grounds,
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and your wonderful comments
It was a real pleasure to meet you both and having you stay. Great to know you enjoyed our facilities and service so much. Our chef said to pass on his thanks also, for the comments you made on our restaurant, Ambassador Bistro.
.Your comment also "that you would definitely stay here again" is the highest compliment we can receive, so truly hope to see you back again sometime and OH YES,. Jack the rabbit and Jasmine the Pomeranian, are still entertaining the guests.
Foxboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My daughter and I recently spent 4 nights here. The staff was wonderful and friendly. They brought us by shuttle tot he market, as well as to the beach. We chose to walk back. The grounds are beautiful, with the added attraction of a very friendly bunny! Phil, the owner, was very nice. I became ill and the staff was very kind to me. My only complaint is that we were on the third floor in a walk-up and I have knee problems. Other than that, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: make sure you ask to be on the first floor if you have issues.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth L
Mrroyalembassyresort, Owner at The Pe La Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Elizabeth
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us and your kind comments about myself and the staff. We all felt really sorry for you in being sick while on your holiday and yes the 3rd floor is a drag, especially when you are not feeling well. As we only have 20 villa's and apartments, with only 3 of them on the 3nd floor, In high season unfortunately, some guests have to be up there. Jack the rabbit is still the center of attention and loves all the attention he is currently receiving, he is a star, especially when we have children staying.
Kind regards Phil Seal
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at The Royal Embassy Resort for 4 very memorable and enjoyable nights. We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and comfortable and spent much of our time enjoying the pool side as we found that the beaches were a bit crowded for our liking. The staff there were all so friendly and remembered our names which gave the resort a very personal feel. They always had a smile on their faces and were very helpful. Phil, the manager really knows how to make you feel like you are welcome and nothing is ever a problem. He was full of great recommendations for places to eat and twice drove us personally to the restaurants we wanted to eat at. Their restaurant was just lovely - the food was stunning and the setting perfect, not to mention their bunny Jack hoping around the grounds roaming freely.
All in all I would have to say it was the perfect stay and I would absolutely recommend this resort and would stay there again given the chance. Thank you so much Phil and your beautiful staff who looked after us so well.

1 Thank suzie j
Thank you for your lovely review and your kind comments about myself and my team. I am truly lucky to have such friendly happy staff who are all like minded, in trying to ensure everyone has a great time while staying here. Your comments about our restaurant and your recommendation to other guests is also much appreciated. Hope to see you back here again one day.
Regards Phil, Aree and the Team