We spent 8 nights here in July 2013 and had a great stay. The hotel is lovely, clean, staff friendly, food is great, the pool area is very nice and the kids club was good too. The fitness centre was fantastic - really clean with good equipment and was pretty much empty every day that I went. The kids loved the pool area and enjoyed some activities at the kids club.
The breakfast was good although I found it was the same every day which got a bit boring after a few days. Not enough fresh fruit with only 4 options to choose from each morning. But the kids loved the waffles and pancakes every day so they were very happy!
The hotel is lovely and the staff are great. There are 1 or 2 restaurants outside the hotel, as well as a mini mart and souvenir shop, but other than those there is nothing else around the hotel. It is quite isolated and it is a good 15-20 minute walk into the main Kamala town or to the beachfront bars/restaurants. There is more choice for food in town so it was worth the effort to get there and the prices in town or along the beach were much cheaper. You could get a tuk tuk pretty cheaply, although taxis from the hotel area were pretty expensive to anywhere on the island. We ended up getting the free shuttle into Patong and renting a car with Budget which helped get around a lot easier and cheaper.
We had some washing done down the road from the hotel and it was really cheap and came back all clean and folded which was great - saved having to do it when we got home!
We also had a ground floor room which I would highly recommend you ask for, especially if you are travelling with children. You can walk out your door and be at the pool so it was great for the kids. And much easier than climbing all those stairs!
I will say that the beds are VERY hard! If you like that then it's fine but if not be warned!
Overall a great stay. Hotel is lovely if you like the peace and quiet and don't mind travelling by taxi every night or walking the distance into the town for more variety of restaurants. I would probably stay somewhere with a bit more choice of restaurants and shopping next time, maybe Kata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach