As this was previously a Courtyard by Marriott, the standard is similar to that of say Holiday Inn. As I believe Swissotel tends to be more upmarket, I am not really sure why they decided to add this property.
We arranged for an airport pick-up as we have a 2-year-old and a small baby, and I had previously instructed that I wanted seats for our kids. It's of course cheaper to arrange transportation at the airport, but I don't mind paying for safety taking into consideration the high number of auto accidents in Thailand. However, the car showed up with 2 regular child seats, i.e. great for the 2-year-old but not for the baby. We therefore had to sit with the baby in our lap all the way to the hotel, which is not what I paid for. When you arrange transportation from the hotel, they simply hire one of the guys from the taxi stand outside the hotel, so really if you're looking for safety or luxury; just forget about it.
I'm the equivalent of a gold member with the Swissotel group, and had mentioned this in an email prior to my arrival, but it was not acknowledged on check-in and I had to inform them on what benefits I should receive (such as free breakfast). Since most visitors to this hotel are Korean and Russian tour groups, probably they don't have a lot of loyalty members visiting.
Other than that the kids' club is adequate and entertained our 2-year-old to some extent, and the staff members are courteous. He also enjoyed the small kids' pool as he could walk around there without being disturbed by adults or older kids. As some people have mentioned, the walkway to the beach is a bit of a disaster, and the beach is filled up with trash. Perhaps the situation will improve during high season.
Overall I'll recommend this hotel if you're looking for something affordable and don't expect luxury. If you're looking to party or are on a romantic trip, I'd stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach