We stayed in a pool villa at the Ayara Kamala Resort. When we arrived we were greeted with a welcome drink and some thai flowers before we were driven by their charming Tuk Tuk to our pool villa. (601). Our villa was decorated with beautiful fresh flowers.
The standard of the villa, the view, the pool and the sunset made this the perfect place for us to unwind on our last three days of our honeymoon.
The standard of service we received was great. I needed to get hold of some allergy medicine and the butler arranged for us to go to a chemist. We were driven there with her in the hotel's shuttle and she (the butler) translated from english to thai so that I could get the correct medicine.
The butler also arranged for tickets and a free shuttleservice to and from the Phuket Fantasea and when we wanted to go out to eat in Kamala town.
We had a spa package and we definitely recommend the spa for other guests.
If we have anything to put our finger on it would be the breakfast, which was a little limited on selection, especially different types of bread and meats. Also they were not very good at restocking when things ran out . But they did cook egg of your choice and the staff were very friendly.
Ayara Kamala is located about 3,5 km from Kamala beach so you have to go there by the hotels Tuk Tuk or private transport. Hence the resort is very private so if you are looking for a lively place it is not the right type of resort for you.
We would recommend the pool villa since the resorts main pool area is a little on the small side and the "beach" is not really a beach.
If you want a romantic luxurious getaway with stunning views one of the pool villas will be your perfect choice. It was ours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep, eat, indulge, explore and rejuvenate at our homely resort in our naturally private setting, along millionaire’s mile located south west of the treasured island of Phuket. Through using the traditional and authentic craftsmanship of Khun V, this wonderful promontory paradise has been converted into a magnificent hotel consisting of 42 rooms and villas sprawling the hillside down to the private rustic beach. His Swiss educated daughter, Masha, blends her Thai service foundations with some of the Swiss touches she picked up studying abroad to deliver a unique and harmonious style service culture. All the rooms and villas are designed with the concept of ‘Ayara’, corresponding with the nature of ‘elephants’ that are gentle and kind and of course, need their space to rest. They are decorated contemporarily and traditionally, from stylish black tiles to luxuriously marbled bathroom floors, to wooden and earthly tones. Our restaurant maintains quality local ingredients with delightful homemade recipes as well as including a few of the normal favorites from around Thailand and the rest of the world. We’ve got the gym, the spa and a private rustic beach, everything you need to feel comfortable. So, whether young and fresh or mature and experienced, Ayara Kamala provides you with our local founded atmosphere whilst our international touches amaze and surprise combining on a personal level a unique harmony, nowhere else found.Our noble ‘Kamalians’ strive to make sure you obtain that unique warmth in this promontory paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Kamala Hotel Kamala
- Ayara Kamala Resort And Spa
- Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa Phuket