The patio and pool access view is great. There are only five pool access rooms and one of them is a large suite for four people, so there is rarely lots of people in this pool, quite private. during the day, the sliding glass door is like a mirror from the outside so no one can see in, great for leaving the blinds open. the room has a great large tub facing the ocean. Otherwise the room is nothing special and the bed doesn't even face the view. The rooms are getting a bit old. The bathroom amenities come from the same warehouse most of the average Thai hotels use, and it's the cheap stuff, not even special soap, and for their prices, that's quite bad. They have an oil aroma set but there was no oil and no candle.
They make a good effort at breakfast, fresh real coffee made to order, latte, whatever you like. fresh egg station, the usual American, Chinese and Thai stuff, nice pastries and breads. A good breakfast but not amazing.
Their beach is more like a sandy area to sit and watch the water crash on the rocks, if the tide is out perhaps you could go swimming. They do have a raft 25M off shore.
The hotel is within walking distance to nothing, but they do have shuttles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep, eat, indulge, explore and rejuvenate at our homely resort in our naturally private setting, along millionaire’s mile located south west of the treasured island of Phuket. Through using the traditional and authentic craftsmanship of Khun V, this wonderful promontory paradise has been converted into a magnificent hotel consisting of 42 rooms and villas sprawling the hillside down to the private rustic beach. His Swiss educated daughter, Masha, blends her Thai service foundations with some of the Swiss touches she picked up studying abroad to deliver a unique and harmonious style service culture. All the rooms and villas are designed with the concept of ‘Ayara’, corresponding with the nature of ‘elephants’ that are gentle and kind and of course, need their space to rest. They are decorated contemporarily and traditionally, from stylish black tiles to luxuriously marbled bathroom floors, to wooden and earthly tones. Our restaurant maintains quality local ingredients with delightful homemade recipes as well as including a few of the normal favorites from around Thailand and the rest of the world. We’ve got the gym, the spa and a private rustic beach, everything you need to feel comfortable. So, whether young and fresh or mature and experienced, Ayara Kamala provides you with our local founded atmosphere whilst our international touches amaze and surprise combining on a personal level a unique harmony, nowhere else found.Our noble ‘Kamalians’ strive to make sure you obtain that unique warmth in this promontory paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Kamala Hotel Kamala
- Ayara Kamala Resort And Spa
- Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa Phuket