The hotel is certainly a nice experience to live, although I need to recognize that it did not meet our expectations.
We chose this hotel as the last one of our honeymoon trip, as the exceptional and luxury/relaxing option for our last 5 days of such a trip.
During the 20 dais trip we chose accomodation at hotels categories with 3 and 4 stars in Luan Prabang (Laos), Hanoi, Danang, Hue, Ho Chi Ming, Halong Bay Cruise (Vietnam), Siem Rep (Cambodia) and Bangok (Thailand). In all of them we obtained an impressive quality for a reasonable cost around 30/40€ per night. For the price we paid on the Ayara Kamala one we expected something 3 or 4 times better. But unfortunately we didn't. Some comments:
First: non of the pictures presented in the hotels.com web site really corresponded to the inside of our room. We expected an isolated/private Villa with shared access to the pool, and we got a standard room.
Second: all pictures showed clasical Thai rooms style and we got a modern one that we can get in any hotel in Europe.
Third: the private beach was really dirty, impossible to take a swim there.
Forth: massages at the hotel were 6 times the street price... I may understand a nice plus of double the price, but 6 times!!??.
Fifth: very limited hotel shuttle service (11am, 14am, 16 and 18) considering that it was in the middle of nowhere with a useles private beach that forced us to go everytime somewhere else.
In all, disappointed experience for the price we paid (168€/night). I would strongly suggest the hotel to consider their rate for the standard room.
Being said that the service was really nice and friendly. Restaurante food, just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep, eat, indulge, explore and rejuvenate at our homely resort in our naturally private setting, along millionaire’s mile located south west of the treasured island of Phuket. Through using the traditional and authentic craftsmanship of Khun V, this wonderful promontory paradise has been converted into a magnificent hotel consisting of 42 rooms and villas sprawling the hillside down to the private rustic beach. His Swiss educated daughter, Masha, blends her Thai service foundations with some of the Swiss touches she picked up studying abroad to deliver a unique and harmonious style service culture. All the rooms and villas are designed with the concept of ‘Ayara’, corresponding with the nature of ‘elephants’ that are gentle and kind and of course, need their space to rest. They are decorated contemporarily and traditionally, from stylish black tiles to luxuriously marbled bathroom floors, to wooden and earthly tones. Our restaurant maintains quality local ingredients with delightful homemade recipes as well as including a few of the normal favorites from around Thailand and the rest of the world. We’ve got the gym, the spa and a private rustic beach, everything you need to feel comfortable. So, whether young and fresh or mature and experienced, Ayara Kamala provides you with our local founded atmosphere whilst our international touches amaze and surprise combining on a personal level a unique harmony, nowhere else found.Our noble ‘Kamalians’ strive to make sure you obtain that unique warmth in this promontory paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Kamala Resort And Spa
- Ayara Kamala Hotel Kamala
- Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa Phuket