We have just returned from 5 days and 4 nights stay at this resort. We have booked directly with the resort website that comes with 2 ways transfers and a Thai dinner. The overall experience is good as this resort is small and private, we have requested a quiet and secluded grand view villa away from family villa.
Positive Experiences :
1) The friendly driver is already waiting at the waiting area when we check out at the airport, the staffs are friendly and helpful at the resort.
2) Staffs and hotel management is flexible - We arrived very early and the staffs have already prepared our villa and allow us early check-in, as our returned flight is late in the evening, they allowed us late check out. That is really thoughtful and fantastic.
3) We were staying in Villa 401 - no nearby villa, quiet and have a great ocean view, great view of sunset. We were staying at the Grand View Villa with pool, entering the villa, we were at the living room with sofa and LCD, and dinning area. Walking out of the dinning/living room, it is the outdoor area, with 2 deck chairs and the deck bed for sun bathing, and of course the pool, is a good size pool, probably 3M X 8M. And we enter to the bedroom villa with a huge and spacious bathroom, with big standing shower, jacuzzi, toilet, good size dresser that i used it as my work desk (as it has much brighter lightings compared to the desk in the bedroom).
4) The Game Room - is a great idea to have one and guest can chill out there by playing pool and board games.
Negative Experience :
1) There is only 1 restaurant at Resort, the menu is limited, serving western and thai food.
2) Breakfast spread is average and limited, there were many bees and fruit flies around the jam and fruit platters.
3) Limited staffs working at the Spa, both times that we were there, there was only 2 staffs, as we are doing couple massage, no one tend to the spa reception, thus having one rude and inconsiderate guest shouting "hello....hello....." and walking all the way into our therapy room to ask if he can use the steam room. Perhaps there should be a signage to let guest know to call reception when there is no one there and have a door between the spa reception and all the therapy room.
4) The shower only has either very cold water or very hot water, there is no in-between temperature which you can moderate with the tap, a slight turn to either left or right from either the hot or cold tap, will result you showering in freezing cold water or scorching hot water. Rain shower is miserable, can forget it.
5) One strange thing is that i send quite a number of email requesting for spa menu, but never did get a reply. Saw another guest commented on this, guess this is normal mo of this resort.
Overall experience : Despite the negative experience, the positive experience out-weight it and i will recommend this resort (hopefully we are the only unlucky one that has the shower problem). Should try out the Oasis Spa at Kamala - very professional and great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep, eat, indulge, explore and rejuvenate at our homely resort in our naturally private setting, along millionaire’s mile located south west of the treasured island of Phuket. Through using the traditional and authentic craftsmanship of Khun V, this wonderful promontory paradise has been converted into a magnificent hotel consisting of 42 rooms and villas sprawling the hillside down to the private rustic beach. His Swiss educated daughter, Masha, blends her Thai service foundations with some of the Swiss touches she picked up studying abroad to deliver a unique and harmonious style service culture. All the rooms and villas are designed with the concept of ‘Ayara’, corresponding with the nature of ‘elephants’ that are gentle and kind and of course, need their space to rest. They are decorated contemporarily and traditionally, from stylish black tiles to luxuriously marbled bathroom floors, to wooden and earthly tones. Our restaurant maintains quality local ingredients with delightful homemade recipes as well as including a few of the normal favorites from around Thailand and the rest of the world. We’ve got the gym, the spa and a private rustic beach, everything you need to feel comfortable. So, whether young and fresh or mature and experienced, Ayara Kamala provides you with our local founded atmosphere whilst our international touches amaze and surprise combining on a personal level a unique harmony, nowhere else found.Our noble ‘Kamalians’ strive to make sure you obtain that unique warmth in this promontory paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Kamala Hotel Kamala
- Ayara Kamala Resort And Spa
- Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa Phuket