“Great place by the Saint Laurent”
Review of Resto de la Plage

Resto de la Plage
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beachside eatery, right on the beach on the southern tip of Ile d'Orleans. At high tide, it is like being on a ship! The place to be!! 3 riverfront terraces, an Island flair menu where seafood and grill go along with pizzas, salads, pasta, burgers and more. Some of the beers and wines are produced on the Island. As you savour your meal, you can watch the cruise ships sail past or the kayakers and sailboarders perform skillful manoeuvres out on the water. On the go ? Visit our exterior dairy bar & snack bar. Group reservations accepted. Air conditioning.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great food and great location! The mussels are great, pizza is really good, very friendly staff, and the view over the Saint Laurent is terrific. Wish we had discovered it sooner!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I randomly chose this restaurant cause it was right beside the water. We went for dinner, had local white wine, seafood pasta and the sun was setting all at the same time. The service was great and so were the prices. I look forward to my next meal at this wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank DragonLily76
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped here for a late Saturday dinner, about 9:00. Our order was taken by Cedric. I asked about the location of a local microbrewery whose beers are featured on their menu and soon found myself surrounded by three staff members and a map pointing out where I could find it. My wife's shrimp were very good. My two teenage children both ordered spaghetti Bolognese, my daughter's with shrimp added. I ordered fish & chips, after the waiter's advice that the fish was fresh hand-cut cod breaded in house. All the food was very good although my chips (listed in multiple places on the menu as "fresh fries") seemed less than fresh, a bit soggy, perhaps made in batches instead of to order.

We also had a round of desserts. Two different mini-cakes--the chocolate and apple "explosions"--and a flourless chocolate almond cake (which was gluten-free). The explosions were very good.The chocolate almond cake was also very good but tasted something less than fresh. It also had what was for me a heavy hand with the icing for this type of cake but that is a matter of taste. It had a crumby texture, good but unusual for a flourless cake.

The beachfront location offers delightful views of the river. It provides an overall enjoyable environment, competently prepared items on a menu leaning towards comfort foods, and delightful service including attention from the owner who also gave us plenty of tips about what to see and do on and around the island.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate two nights in a row here as it was close to our bed and breakfast. The location is lovely and the staff were very nice. The food is good too. On the second night, we arrived after the restaurant had officially closed but they stayed open to feed our hungry family of six. We were very impressed and appreciative!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We broke up a day trip to the Isle d'Orleans last August with lunch at the Cafe & Bistro -- the food was fine but unremarkable. The service was friendly albeit a bit slow but that, too, was fine since we were there just to relax. The view is probably the best thing about the cafe and if it's an exceptionally beautiful day you'll want to sit outside.