“Brilliant dinner on our way to Cape Town”
Review of Plattelander

Plattelander
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Colesberg
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The building was built in the 1800s, originally a church. It's located next to a supermarket and opposite a church with a tall steeple. Waiter's called Hannes.
Reviewed March 10, 2015 via mobile

Hungry and tired after driving from Pretoria we stopped at The Plattelander for dinner. We were greeted by a person playing beautiful guitar. We did not had much time and asked the waitress to be quick with our order. The food we received was really nice and I specifically enjoyed the freshly cooked vegetables with my lamb cutlets. A great restaurant that will see me again on my next trip.

Reviewed January 31, 2015

The lamb shank was definitely in the top 3 best meals my SO and I have ever had. The pumpkin cakes that came with were also really good.

Reviewed January 18, 2015

good food, owners and staff come and see if you are happy and try to satisfy all requests. I had the lamb, generous portions, and I have been told how they cook it; also the ice cream is good, and the waiters are all very knìind

Reviewed January 1, 2015

If you are traveling through Colesberg, you have to pop into the Platterlander. We had dinner and breakfast and it was fantastic

Reviewed January 1, 2015

Great food, friendly service and rural hospitalty. Best bobotie ever. Defenate stop over between Gauteng and the Cape.