“Temple accomodation Bogus”

Chennai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Temple accomodation Bogus”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The temple is great. It is more than 1000 year old temple. I had visited with my family in the month of August 2011. I had booked the devastanam accomodation rooms two months before. I had booked a room that was priced high thinking that it would be having some added ammenities. When i landed there actually there was no room. The person sitting in the office told me to wait for an hour stating that the room is being cleaned. There is no way to find out if the room cost is actually what you paid for. I trusted the person and waited for an hour. I was give a room after an hour. I could not see any difference to differentiate it from the other rooms. I was told that yes this room costs you higher. When I vacated the room I was asked to sign a register where the cost of the room was stated lower than what I had paid. It was a clear cut cheating by the temple authorities.
Similarly I went for 1st dharshan. The poojaris are like hawks to grab money from everyone who comes there. The people who bribe more are taken and allowed to sit before god for a longer duration.
The EO should do something so that people who come there as tourists enjoy the destination and not loose money and hope in the process of visiting an ancient wonderful temple.

Visited August 2011