“A Man On A Mission!”

Glass House Mountains Ecolodge
Reviewed February 12, 2010

The Ecolodge is an outstanding project: Well executed, superlative design, great surroundings, respectful of the planet. Freshest in-season fruit possible...it is grown in the orchard outside your room. Have breakfast, I'm glad I did.
After dark, please run over as many Cane Toads possible. Barrs Road is good for toad-busting!
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Glass House Mountains Ecolodge

Reviewed January 24, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at Glass House Mountains Ecolodge in January 2010 and we had the best time!! The whole set-up of the place is great. Everything has been thought out to the smallest detail to make this place a perfect eco-tourist destination! There are two old Queensland railway carriages that have been re-used here as a recreation and dining carriage, There are two great self-guided walks within the Ecolodge grounds and some amazing walks around and up the mountains of Glasshouse including the Mt Tibrogargen walk that is only a 5 minute walk away from the Ecolodge. Overall, this place is a perfect place to spend as much time relaxing, climbing mountains and walking as you like. We even planted a tree each to help expand the rainforest area. Our only regret about this place is that we couldn't stay longer but hopefully we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I searched online for ages for suitable accommodation in the glasshouse mountains for two nights - everything seemed to be either mega bucks or just a boring old motel. And then I found the Glass House Mountains Ecolodge. Location looked perfect, prices were reasonable, so we booked two nights. There was a bit of a mix up when it seemed the booking was taken, but Keith (the owner) managed to sort it out, and they were excellent at communicating with us to assure us that all was OK.
When we arrived, we were thrilled to be upgraded from an Orchard Room, to the new Bungalow. One of the staff members showed us around the whole lodge, but I have to say that once we got into the bungalow we didnt want to leave! Its a great little unit - with a bedroom, small bathroom, and a separate fantastic kitchen/dining area. The two main rooms are both octaganol (I think), and the bedroom has some amazing dark wooden furniture, which I think Keith has collected over the years. The door into the bedroom is amazing - very ornate. It actually reminded us of one of the stilt shacks we stayed in on our honeymoon in the Maldives (without the sea, obviously!) The kitchen cooking facilities were great - better than my kitchen at home! - so we became unsociable and ate in both nights! We did mean to go out to the communal railway carriage to chat to some others, but it was so nice that we just stayed put, listening to the evening insects and frogs through the windows.
The lodge is very individual, which suited us perfectly - we don't like bland samey places. There is an orchard, fire pit area and nice grounds, all overlooked by a large glasshouse mountain! There's also a herb garden, which helped me with my cooking!
As Steve Irwin's zoo is literally just a couple of miles down the road, we thought we should visit. Raylee on reception gave us some good advice about going early to the tropical bird feeding, and she also sorted our tickets so we went through the pre-paid entrance.
All in all, its a great location - and if you stay in the Bungalow you're in for a treat!
The staff were great and more than made up for the slight mix up during booking. Would throughly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingH
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Staying with my aunt, we were bowled over by the welcome, which included an invitation to help ourselves from the organic orchard, free local coffee, tea and fabulour kitchen housed in an old railway carriage. Another railway carriage houses a fabulous lounge with worthwhile and valuable information. The Glass House Mountains are on the doorstep (300 metres) of this fabulous Eco-Lodge with safety for the children and overlooking Mt. Tibrogargan tranquility is broken only by the gentle call of the birds. Thank you Keith for following your dream and producing the Eco-Lodge for all to enjoy at such reasonable rates. I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed October 21, 2009

this is a fantastic location with a splendid parc, near the moutain. rooms are clean and large. childs are welcome.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We spent a night at the EcoLodge on our way back from Fraser Island to Brisbane. The Ecolodge is in a beautiful location and a great base to explore the area. The accommodation is comfortable and it's a unique place to stay. The converted train carriages make excellent dining/lounge areas and the $10 breakfast was a bargain and included delicious fresh fruit. A great place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed at the Glass House Mountains Eco Lodge for 4 nights in June 2009. I loved the unique accommodation which allowed me to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. The accommodation for backpackers is very reasonably priced and pick up and drop off from the Glass House Mountains railway station was arranged for me as I didn't have a car. There were plenty of walks to keep me busy, my favourite of which was the Trachyte Circuit near Mount Tibrogargan. I highly reccommend the lodge for backpackers, couples, families and for those who want to take a well earned rest.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
#1 of 2 in Glass House Mountains
Beerwah Motor Lodge
Beerwah Motor Lodge
#1 of 1 in Landsborough

Been to Glass House Mountains Ecolodge? Share your experiences!