“Good food but pricey and really wierd internetpage”

Jambalaya Cajun Cafe
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Port Barton
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Jambalaya Cajun Cafe is currently located in the middle of the beach in Port Barton. We are a small cozy restaurant, with amazing sunset views! We are highly recommended by all the leading Philippines travel guidebooks. We recommend making a reservation for evening dining.
“Good food but pricey and really wierd internetpage”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Had the rice with spiced fish, big portion and tastey. Kind of cosy place, also nice to enjoy the views.
They have a really strange internetsite, much hatress against other locals and other wierd stuff. prices are too high compared to other places. It's worth a try, especially for sunset, but better not visit their homepage before ;)

Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely breakfast on the beach”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ate at this restaurant twice. The highlight was the big breakfast bowl which was packed with fruits and cereals - yum!

Visited December 2013
california
“Worst Cajun food Ever Staff was lovely”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff were sweet and helpful
Kalamansi juice yummy
Spices on the jambalaya fish terrible
Garlic bread good
Quotes fun
Animals not a problem
Would go back for breakfast
Port Barton better than El Nido but I would not get in the water too funky

• Visited December 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed in Port Barton for more than two weeks of our three month visit to the Philippines and tried nearly everything they had to offer in the village. Jambalaya Café was definitely our favorite. It's a fun place to be at with all the signs and artsy stuff, and it has an atmosphere that really offers a relaxing meal time and a lot of fun books to read if you're just enjoying a cold beer. The staff is among the nicest people I've ever met and I found myself going back just for the chat. At first I found it a bit strange with the cats and dogs running around, but after a while I loved it! If the costumers doesn't like having the animals around while eating, they take them out without a fuss, so don't worry. The food is really good and I believe I've tried almost the entire menu. The jambalaya is spicy and full of veggies, exactly how I like it, and the fish is perfect. They have really good breakfast options too (especially after getting used to being served toast and jam for several months of backpacking). I would definitely go back if I had the chance!

• Visited February 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“The Tuna had the last laugh”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We came here on the Lonely Planet's recommendation and they say you need reservations but the atmosphere doesn't exist, the menu has only 3 items, it tastes of cajun seasoning and the Tuna made my husband sick! Breakfast may be better.

• Visited October 2013