“Nice food served with a side portion of hate”

Jambalaya Cajun Cafe
Ranked #12 of 18 Restaurants in Port Barton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Jambalaya Cajun Cafe is currently located in the middle of the beach in Port Barton. We are a small cozy restaurant, with amazing sunset views! We are highly recommended by all the leading Philippines travel guidebooks. We recommend making a reservation for evening dining.
“Nice food served with a side portion of hate”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just finished eating here. I had a garlic bread and pastalaya which is like a jambalaya but made with pasta instead of rice. Both were nice. The waitress was efficient.
While waiting for my meal I opened a box named tourist info. Inside was an 11 page rant about people who have wronged them. Firstly they attack their neighbour who runs a diving service. I spoke with the guy earlier in the day and he came across as a nice guy. The language they used was pretty uncalled for.
They then go on to look at all trip advisor comments and rate them. (That's one of the reasons I'm leaving this comment here, I know they will read it.)
They rant and belittle anyone who disagrees with them. They seem to think anyone who speaks badly about them is part of a smear campaign and attacking them personally. I tend to agree with some of the comments, there are too many signs and because of it the owners do seem to come across as a little strange. After reading stuff they have here I have no doubt that the high rating comment was written by the owners. The writing style is identical.

So, in conclusion...
I enjoyed the food here and would have come back. After reading all the hate messages they produce to scorn their enemies I wouldn't. Burry the hatchet and remove your hateful writings, it doesn't add well to the atmosphere!

7 Thank Bingmayong

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Jambalaya at Port Barton”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

What a strange place, they do have excellent cold beer and 2 pretty waitresses. The food is spicy fish and not much else. The decor is strange, lots of what seem to be mottos and criticisms. The owner and his woman seem on a different planet to most people, the guy specially seems out of his tree, sad because they do have a nice location in a very pretty little town!

• Visited May 2012
8 Thank KenMacc
Perth
“JAMBALAYA'S OWNERS CREEP ME OUT!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I visited Port Barton many times in the last 4 years and i usually ate at this restaurant called Judy's where i found the food to be fairly priced with a great service from the friendly staff. One day i went to Jambalaya to try something different...i went inside the small cozy place and the first thing that caught my attention was all the catchy signs which most of it are telling you as a customer what you should do and what not to do....i found it insanely absurd. so i sat down and tried to relax, started ordering my food, then, to my surprise, i noticed another smaller sign saying "we do not recommend Judy's" as i remember it has something to do with health problems. I found this so offensive and a blatant lie! I cannot comment on the food as i left uncomfortable and will never return! I would highly recommend the locals to read Jambalaya's website blogs with all the nasty and insulting comments about other local businesses. Doesn't sound like a fair and healthy competition! What do you think guys?

Visited June 2011
8 Thank Michael S
“Weird place!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Went there with a friend of mine Nov 2011. At first look it's a cozy place with atmosphere. But when you get closer you'll notice it's built like a fortress, with locked gate. Inside all the walls and even the ceiling is plastered with signs like "what is worst, the local expats or pedophiles?". It's like the owners are at war with the rest of the world. Really bunker mentality. But we were ready to order but made the mistake of asking about internet. Received a snippy reply that we hadn't ordered yet, so after some arguments we got thrown out! Weird place.

7 Thank pmugghc
JambalayaCajunCafe, Owner at Jambalaya Cajun Cafe, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Without any shadow of a doubt, this is a smear campaign. For more info go to our website and check out our blog called 'Weird Place'.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Tiny little place with so much inside”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Jambalaya is a really small place but has so much inside it. The atmosphere is really nice. The decoration - really unique. The place is clean and is right on the beach. A really relaxed place to spend time at. You can leave your lauggage there while you look for accomodation.

• Visited March 2012