Not for the faint-hearted and for the City Mouse!
I brought a team of 28 people (Makati Colleagues) for a great, fun, memorable team building event. It was unlike any other team building events we've experienced in the past...
1. Travel: by air, land, and sea! (Plane-Van-Motor Boat)...super experience!
2. Food: Prepared by ate Lisa, their local cook, with her own twist...food was based on what we were craving for. This was pre-arranged buffet to make sure we didn't have to worry about it and simply enjoy the resort.
3. Staff: Super friendly and super helpful. Graciously carried our heavy (super heavy) trolleys from the plane, to the van, to the boat, to the resort, to our rooms!
4. Activities: We had 2 days of team building games, mountain trekking, top of the mountain picture taking (great view)
5. Outreach (Corp Social Responsibility): Connected us with 2 fishing villages where the kids sang and danced with us while we also sang for them and taught them the art of Origami :)
6. Biggest BonFire: they prepared a bonfire along the shore for us the dance, play games, and sing, during the night...of course great time to take photos with jump shots :)
7. Rooms: Your island experience of sleeping with mosquito nets (brought back childhood memories...) BUT I heard they have brought in new cotton mosquito nets from the UK (wow!)
8. Power: They have provided us with the schedule for the power (similar to the other resorts in the area). This simply reminded us of Boracay when it was still 'paradise'...BUT I heard heard that they already added generators and will have power all night with air-conditioners...
9.PRIVACY: My number one criteria for a get-away! they have limited cottages so the staff seem to be focused on your needs and wants! We can wear and do anything away from the eyes of the crowd!
Everyone's planning their own trips to be back there soon!
We're back there for a quality celebration of the New Year with my family...can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Paradise Resort is the only official turtle sanctuary endorsed by the government and WWF-Philippines. We are the only Marine Sanctuary & Nature Reserve of its kind in Palawan, set in 2 private coves with a 4km private coastline, lined with coconut trees and 4 private beaches with our own waterfalls. Our exclusive 90 hectare Nature Reserve has plenty to offer everyone, from hiking to kayaking to explore our 4 beaches, snorkel with the turtles and fish in our Marine Sanctuary called "Turtle Bay", or just view the beautiful 2 house reefs. Tour activities ranging from Island hopping with waterfalls, Underground River tours & more. Private transfers to/ from the resort from any destination in Palawan. Situated between Port Barton's Marine Park and Sabang's world famous Puerto Princesa Subterranean Underground River, voted one of the 7 Wonders of Nature in the World 2013. All our six cottages are detached beach front. All our 8 accommodation have air-con, mini bar, 24 hour hot water showers, safety deposit box, balcony with hammock & private beach loungers. All superior cottages & rooms have LED satellite TV/DVD. Free WiFi- snorkel/mask/kayaks. We accept credit cards/ currancy. Why share paradise with 100 other guest. Relax and experience true paradise in nature with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Secret Paradise Resort & Turtle Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Paradise Resort & Turtle Sanctuary Port Barton, Palawan Island