“Absolutely worth it - stunning place”
other travelers have booked this property
Villa Marguerita situated mid beach in beautiful Port Barton Palawan ( AKA 'The Last Frontier' )
Our native style house can comfortably accommodate 6 or up to 8 persons if required. Our private bar has stunning views and the coldest beer in Port Barton.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Our private bar has stunning views and the coldest beer in Port Barton.
Lots of sunloungers available for our private guests.
Relax for hours in our beachfront cabana.
Several beachfront relaxation areas.
Stacks of Kayaks free for our guests to use.
Our stand up paddle boards are available for our guests use.
Our new boat is equipped for safety and lots of fun.
Hammocks available for guests use
Watch the great sunsets from our beachfront Cabanas
Amazing Sunsets
Our main bedroom is large with beautiful bay views and an ensuite.
The bedrooms are clean simple and comfortable.
The bedrooms are clean simple and comfortable.
Enjoy our tasty restaurant quality meals, or use our kitchen....It's your choice.
Full bar service available or you can stock your own drinks.
Pool and Table tennis available.
A photographers heaven.
Our caretakers son & his monkey. We have a swing set and tree house for children to play on.
Port Barton by air.
Party at night with our disco and laser lights and smoke machine.
Caretakers Arnold and Marilyn are great fun and will take great care of you.
A picture says it all
A picture says it all
Our Guests enjoying coconut juice.
View of the beach.
View of the beach.
Inside the house.
Our glass bottom kayak is available for guests to use.
Contact us for our information sheets and links to our Flickr photo pages.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Asiulizda
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely worth it - stunning place”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We will never forget this holiday - been renting whole villa for couple of weeks, amazing place and amazing people. My little princess loved it as well, had lots of fun and made friends.

Liked best: Location ad people
Large groups
Sep 9, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. Villa Marguerita is great for kids, and we have a terrific tree house for children to play in. Happy to hear your Princess had fun.
mnlgoodin
Santa Rosa, California
“Great stay in Port Barton at Villa Marguerita and Gilligan's Hideout- LOVED IT!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

WE just returned from a 3 week trip to The Philippines and stayed for one whole week in Port Barton with these wonderful folks at this great spot. Had the whole house and bar area an property to ourselves which was GREAT for us on our honeymoon. After a week of prepared food at a resort I definitely enjoyed being able to cook for myself and they got all the products I had requested before we showed up. We thought it was priceless to see the expression on all of their faces on the first day when 6'4" Americano Mikey pretty much immediately started in with the slicing and dicing for a good marinade while my wife stood by watching- they were puzzled (but I pride myself on my chef's skills!) They'll fire up the charcoal for you anytime you want, have a very nice kitchen in the bar area to use and will set you up for cooking in the house as well.

Mariliyn and Arnold and Apple and Asir (sorry if I mispelled anything) are very gracious hosts and tour guides and took us to see some wonderful sights and WOW! snorkeling- the reef right there in the bay is simply amazing- 5 minute boat ride to the best snorkeling I have ever seen (and I have snorkeled in the Caribbean, Hawaii and the marine parks of Thailand- this blew all of those away) and there are multiple dive shops nearby for divers- I have to imagine it's spectacular.

Definitely book a couple nights at Gilligan's as well- what a beautiful and quiet spot! So glad we got to stay there a couple nights. Only reason I didn't book all nights there is I didn't want to be a 20 minute boat ride away from bottled water if you know what I mean. But, when we visit again I will probably stay at Gilligan's for a couple more nights- what a spot! And OMG shell collecting on the beaches of Palawan!

My wife is 100% Filipina but moved to The States at 10yrs, old. We both really enjoyed their homemade Pancit, Lumpia (order those a bit in advance- tough to get all the ingredients in the tiny town of Port Barton). And we loved sharing the kitchen with the ladies on the last night as we all contributed to a big meal and sat in the great outdoor bar with the two families and ourselves enjoying a great feast!

So, for an authentic, non-resort type stay in Port Barton this IS the spot! As their brochure says, if the occasional beetle or bug bothers you or Swifts flying through your room in the morning to eat mosquitoes or the occasional bat in your belfry bothers you book a room at The Hyatt ('cause YOU are a PANSY! -their brochure doesn't say that part I DO!).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Independence, do what you want when you want, shell collecting on the beaches, nice property managers, easy tours of local sights, awesome sunsets, privacy, boat trips.
Liked least: Can't really think of anything I did not like.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Large groups
Mar 14, 2014
Well said Mikey! Thanks for the kind words and for your good hearted treatment of our staff. They loved you! regards Mal, Appol, Marilyn, Arnold, Usser Titimoi and Kikimoi ( our pets ).
akiat
macao
“Paradise!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

My family of four (myself, my husband, and our two kids) plus two friends of mine traveled to Port Barton together and we had an amazing week. We spent 2 nights at Gilligan's too and both places were amazing! The staff were all friendly and helpful and we thought the food was delicious. There was ice cold beer always available and we enjoyed a BBQ on the beach one day on our island hopping/snorkeling tour (that was included).

All in all it was an extremely relaxing and fun holiday and we would whole-heartedly recommend both vacation homes!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Oct 28, 2013
Thanks Amanda. I don't think I wrote to thank you for staying with us, but here's a good opportunity. My staff said you were a lovely family. I took my parents and children to Gilligans for 2 weeks last year and it was a special time for us. It's a very basic destination with a simple house, but the simplicity seems to allow families to bond and be a family. My mother bonded with her grandchildren and likewise and my 14 year old started to make good conversation instead of being engrossed in video games as he has been for years. For my family also it was an amazing vacation. I appreciate the time you spent in reviewing your time with us in Port Barton. Mal
Craig P
Haiyang
“Wonderful Hosts - Simple vacation get-away”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We had a wonderful time. Don't be deterred by the fact that there is electricity only from 6pm to midnight. During the day you are out and about anyway. Be sure to pay the extra money for the air-conditioned 4WD van since the 3 hour ride would be very uncomfortable in a jeepney or the public bus.

Highly recommend having a roast pig. It was a great activity to watch the whole process from beginning (with live pig) to the end.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked least: no AC on warm nights
Oct 7, 2013
Thanks for staying with us Craig. My staff spoke highly of you. Mal
MSUMich
Troy, Michigan
“Perfect place to relax and find a little slice of heaven”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

I had a great experience from the start, owners answered a lot of questions as I was not familiar with that part of the island and wanted a perfect, relaxing trip for my family (mom, dad, husband, 3 & 5 yr old kids plus my mom's friend).

The description of the place, location and ride to get there was very accurate. We were not disappointed when we arrived. The staff was awesome- we loved Apple and felt like she was part of the family by the weeks end. Marilyn was an excellent cook, we couldn't get enough of her cooking. Arnold was very helpful and we enjoyed Astor, he was an excellent tour guide for our island hopping adventures.

Bedroom set-up was perfect for the family. Kids thought the mosquito netting was cool. Electricity/Internet was not an issue but think Gilligan's property while beautiful, would be too remote for us. So VM was a perfect fit for us, just wish our stay could have been longer!

We couldn't be happier with the accommodations, yes, there could be updating but I thought its been well kept and this type of property is exactly what we signed up for . . . Relaxing on the hut/deck area all day by the beach watching the kids play and make friends with the locals is the perfect first time trip to the Philippines I wanted my husband and kids to experience. Honestly, we were only in the house at night to sleep, so the outdoor space was perfect for us. We joked that we could be perfectly happy lounging in those comfy bean bag chairs the entire time.

The highlight of the trip was the island hopping & how much I enjoyed watching my kids take in the culture, making new friends.

The vacation, even with the long, bumpy transportation ride to get to Villa Marguerita was worth it. And thats coming all the way from Michigan. I have recommended it to friends looking to visit the Philippines & hope to return again in a few years.

Thank you for the hospitality - it was a memorable vacation!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Outdoor area - many things to do or just relax on the property if you don't want to leave
Liked least: Master bathroom can eventually be updated but really it fits the character of the house & I got warm water!
May 1, 2013
Thanks Michelle and sorry for the delay in responding. Personally, this was a terrific review as I've gone to great lengths in out information and FAQ mail outs to describe accurately the home and situation that we call Gilligans. I appreciate your comment that my description was accurate. Once we get you there, our staff take over to assist our guests in making their vacation memorable. My staff really spoke highly of you. Thanks for your generosity. Regards Mal
jacquelin...
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“almost paradise”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

This property is in a perfect setting, amazing views, perfect for our extended family from the Philpines. Within walking distance of many little local shops and places to eat if needed. You get the basics for your needs, we did all our own cooking. Staff very helpfull, we mostly dealt with Apple, who is a real diamond.
My reason for going was to de stress and this is the perfect place for doing so.
The only slight downside to the accomodation is that it needs a little work doing, on a couple of occasions the bamboo floor boards gave way, but it was dealt with, the boards were replaced quickly, but i was slightly concerned as my 3 yr old grand son whent through the floor.
Otherwise good place to enjoy Port Barton and all that it offers.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location is perfect
Liked least: condition of property
Apr 16, 2013
Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your almost wonderful review, and the almost wonderful behaviour of your guests. It was almost wonderful that you arrived with fifteen guests rather than the 7 adults and 3 small children as booked and our caretakers were almost thrilled to see such a LARGE group of people arrive and almost ran out of sheets and pillows to accommodate everyone. I was almost surprised that your 3 year old grandson was capable of cracking one hardwood floor board, and even more surprised that damaged was caused to the bathroom flooring that has dropped 2 mm after such a small boy used this room, but I'd respectfully ask that you reconsider your comment that your little grandson actually went through the floor. Yes, Villa Marguerita is a 3 bedroom home,15 years old, with a hardwood (not bamboo) floor, but no one ever 'Went through the Floor". We recommend a maximum of 8 persons, not 15. Thanks for staying with us though. It seemed like you all had a great time. Our caretakers spoke kindly of you and we'd love to have you return someday. Please supply actual numbers in advance!
SimonHMai...
Maidenhead
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Mal was a pleasure to deal with when booking Villa Margarita, and when we got there I can only echo what others have said about the large clean home as well as Marilyn, Arnold and Apple being the perfect hosts.
The lack of electricity during the day was no problem as there were solar powered fans if you wanted to get out of the heat for a while.
I would not hesitate to recommend Villa Margarita to anyone wanting to experience a little piece of paradise, but to get the full relaxing effect book Mal's other property Gilligans after you've stayed here, it has to be one of the best kept secrets in the travel industry.

Liked best: Location and staff
Liked least: Having to leave
Apr 5, 2013
Thanks Simon, for staying with us and for your generosity to our staff. They spoke highly of you and your party. I hope we have you as a neighbour one day soon! Michell
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing