“Very nice resort”
Review of Summer Homes

Summer Homes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Barton
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice resort in a good location in Port Barton, directly to the beach. The rooms towards inside are of lower quality and I can only rate these. I would always recommend a cottage with sea view, they are of much higher quality. Very friendly and nice staff that is very attentive. All kind of tours and activities are offered there. Also very good food. You can also eat here directly on the beach lit up by a bonfire. Overall I enjoyed my stay a lot.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mercutio1980

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in the middle of the nice white beach in Port Barton. They offer different kind of rooms and cottages. Price between 700-1500 Peso. In the evening the nicest place for dinner. All in all I can recommend this place

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank MiWu2012
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Summer Homes offered the reasonable amenities for a great beach accommodation. SH at Port Barton as the nicest location among the others - accessible by land transport (the public bus San Isidro Express dropped us right off at the entrance), the fine white sand beach is maintained/cleaned daily and great for children playing in the gentle waves in low or high tide unlike the northern area where the water recedes leaving 100meters of 1inch deep water before you can swim or board boat. The areas to either side of the SH beach have swarms of boats parked on the beach - something you can either hate or like (as it becomes a bother for the swim/beach enthusiasts but for us - it serves to offer the freshest sea catch at cheapest price from the fishermen), the fish trading post is around the corner if one misses on the fishermen selling their catch. A short 3-minute walk will bring you to around town if ever you want other eateries/stores. The SH place is a bit off north from the town, just enough to be away from the crowd, offering quiet serene spot to enjoy the scenic sunset.

As to the facilities, though not 3-5 star rating, nor does it offer the rustic atmosphere of typical native huts, they were definitely clean, well-maintained. Screened doors and windows kept the insects away to give us good sleep in the 3 nights we stayed there. The bathrooms are what we are used to in our own house (though theirs is smaller) - working toilet, strong water for shower (hot shower available). I love the garden where we would have our dinner to enjoy the sea view with the beach waves.

Service is excellent by the SH staff - from welcome,registration, settling, tour advice, quality housekeeping and kitchen services (they gave us cooking service for a small fee from the sea catch we bought. - fish, lobster, crabs, shells etc.)

The price is reasonable but going during off season can give you the best rates like we did.

We are definitely coming back to bring our family & friends.

A caution and a warning : From Puerto Princesa to Port Barton Junction is 120km of cemented hiway, but the last 20 km is rough road with some deep portions to challenge the small vehicle. We did get by easily with the public bus going and a private SUV coming back to PP.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_Gala
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I would miss this place and people here! Its not so much to do in Port Barton except island hopping and scuba diving but what else you need. I had a really good time, did diving and just relaxing... Lovely people!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank aritaina
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I chose summer homes as its location and setting seemed rather nice. My one thing the turn me away from staying further was the concreate rooms. For the philippines its nice to have a more native feel rather then a european or american feel. Summer homes stands out from the surrounding because of just that the concreate everywhere. The grounds are kept nice adn gardens pretty. The resto bar area os simple at best, i had chicken wings, chicken adobo and a chicken cashew mix... the adobo was lacking chicken but had allot of potato..... chicken cashew mix dish didnt have cashews at all... just to keep this short my personal over all experiance would be stay else where and just visit here for a beer or snack.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank SirWade
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Summer Homes as a stop off for one night only, but we would definitely return & stay for longer. We found the staff very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were spacious, very clean & comfortable. It's in a great location on the beach - the beach isn't a swimming beach, but it's lined with boats that will take you out on amazing day trips. The food & service was excellent, & there's a nice grassy alfresco area overlooking the beach, which is was a great spot to chill out.. definitely recommended as a top spot to stay in Port Barton.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank B3ck
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at Summer Homes for a week back in 2011 and again in October 2011. I find the service excellent and friendly and the food very good. The location is quiet and the beach sand is very nice to walk. They have a nice location in the center of the beach. There is two room styles to choose from front cabins with balconies and the rooms set back with the main building. They are very clean and comfortable, but I never stayed in the front row cabins. They have a nice yard with places to sit in the front lawn/garden and a couple of nice hammocks on the beach. It is near San Vicente and long beach, but I really enjoyed the island hoping here. On the islands the water is clear, lots of coral and fish for snorkelling. There are few tourists here, so if you want a quiet place and reasonable prices Port Barton is great. I took my initial dive discovery day here and loved it. There are many little islands with beautiful sandy beaches and coral to enjoy. Reasonably priced and good service. I took a boat from Sabang to get here and also use the boat to travel up to El Nido. The Jeepney and minivans are cheaper, but arriving in El Nido by boat was very beautiful, besides the fact that the coast is very nice to see. The trip from memory was 4 hours from Sabang and maybe 5 or 6 hours to El Nido. I swam on the beach of Port Barton Daily, but the water is not clear along the shore, whereas the island hoping provided excellent water clarity.

Room Tip: The rooms connected to the main building are very reasonable and for me I spent little time hanging...