“Excellent Modern Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Korsoer
Dover, United Kingdom
“Excellent Modern Hotel”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had no idea what to expect when I was booked into this hotel. It lies at the eastern end of the briges over the Great Belt, and crossing those bridges is just about the most dramatic way to arrive at any hotel. The two bridges are 8km and 7.5 km long, and are joined on the historic island of Spogo.

Korsor itself is a small, busy port, which has an interesting maritime museum which I think is worth visiting, and then there are the working boats to see coming and going, and all with the backdrop of the mighty bridges.

The hotel is situated half a kilometer from the motorway junction, and has a huge car pak, which is dominated by the twowings of the hotel.

I stayed here the weeke before Christmas, and so was one of only four guests in the hotel, but I would imagine even if it wre full there would be more than enough room for everyone, as there are chairs and sofas in communal areas as well as the usual bars and restaurants.

The room was large and comfortable, with good TV and fast internet access. Unusualfor Denmark the room had tea and coffee making facilities, which does make spendingtime in the room pleasant.

The restaurant provided me with good meals from a varied menu. The staff were efficiant and helpful, especially the receptionist who helped me with a number of problems I encountered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel, with good, functional rooms and a comfy bed. Free Wifi provides an excellent bonus.

Staff are attentive, professional, courteous and happy, efficient check in and restaurant service.

Food was a bit disappointing on the whole at dinner. I had Ham to start, and received a slice of ham on a plate with a few pine nuts, for £10. Expensive for what it was(although delicious). The main course of veal and potato rosti was overlooked. Rosti was burnt, and the veal, which I ordered medium, was rubbery, and cooked too long. I left over half the meat.

The dinner menu is limited tontwobstarters, 2 mains and 2 deserts which I applaud, provided they are of sufficient quality. It would not put me off eating here again.

Overall a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My Team and I spent 10 pleasant days in the Grand Park Korsor during June while doing user acceptance testing on a new machine. The hotel is clean, well run and has better than average food. The generous breakfast is both continental and English. We had a hire car with GPS (great car and service from Budget at Copenhagen airport 1 hours drive away) and using TipAdvisor choose some very nice restaurants in the surrounding area (50km radius). We did eat more in the hotel though as the food was good. Lookout for their barbecue nights with an outside buffet in summer which is really well done and great fun as the sun only sets at some outrageous hour leading to way to many pleasant late nights. Coming from a nation that does meat barbecued well, we were surprised. The rooms were we laid out and has sufficient space for the stay with free hi speed internet. Beds were comfortable but I always hate duvets instead of the more flexible blanket and sheets. The temperature was warm for Denmark at 23 degrees C because of a little humidity so you are either hot or cold under a duvet. The front reception desk were helpful as was daily cleaning of the rooms. Gym and indoor pool were not used because of the long hours but one of my Team ran every day and joined in with very friendly local runners.
The area is very pretty but does not have allot of tourist sights to see. The Danes are marvelous and most speak excellent English.

Room Tip: Its a very long walk from the end of the hotel to the lounge / dining room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Allangt99
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 31, 2011

When you first arrive at Grand Park Hotel, you're a bit on guard. Because located close to the freeway and in the middle of a light industrial area, your first thoughts are not centered around calm and wellness but rather towards something that might just be good enough or - worst case - unfriendly and worn down.

But it's not. In fact it's surprisingly good.

I stayed there for a seminar over a few days, and everything worked out beautifully: The room was renovated and very nice indeed, the meeting facilities were great with all the stuff that needs to be there in order to make for efficient meetings, and the food in the restaurant was really a very pleasant surprise.

All in all my two days at Grand Park Korsør definitely leaves me with the feeling that if I ever need a conveniently located conference hotel in the middle of Denmark and with great facilitates that fully supports getting stuff done, this will be my choice of venue.

The only reason, I'm not giving it top marks is for the location. Had it had ocean views and the ability to take a stroll directly on the beach, it would have been absolutely stellar.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Doha
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at the Grand Park, Korsor for a Production Technology Conference. I must say that I had a very good conference thanks to the excellent arrangements by the hotel authorities. The weather was also perfect with the sun coming out almost everyday. The walk in the town and to the golf course used to be classy. The arrangements for the meals were very good. I must say that I am vegetarian and I was very happy with the food arrangements. The bar at this hotel is excellent and it really helped create a good atmosphere for "networking". I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ashishvb
Varberg, Sweden
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I travel a lot and have seen all different kinds of hotels...but not many as nice as this one! The room itself (246) was quite good with a nice and soft bed, clean and comfortable but unfortunately wall to wall carpets that I hate!

But what was good was the hotel and it's facilities. I had a wonderful lunch in the garden, tried the Grand Park Chicken Sandwich that was both delicious and beautifully displayed. Wonderful waiters and staff at the front desk, that helped me getting both early check-in and late check-out without any extra cost.

In the room rate (I payed 790 DKK for a double room for single use) the enterence fee for the spa was included. I was lucky enough to have the jacuzzi all by myself. The spa was ok, nothing special, but clean and without any extra charges a nice feature.

Breakfast was rich with loads of different hot and cold dishes, bread, pastries and drinks. You could make your own fresh made juice and they had a delicious raspberry smoothie.

I hope that I will come back to Korsoer for some reason, just to stay at this hotel again. I work at a hotel myself and I am not really easy to make satisfied when it comes to hotel stayings, but this hotel did!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank MikeyCarlzon
Soenderborg, Denmark
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel once a couple of years ago when attending a wedding in Korsør.

Its located countryside so dont expect any easy access to downtown Korsør from here.

The hotel itself has both pool, sauna, a discoteque, bar and restaurant, a golf course attached and a number of other facilities I dont remember.

The staff is nice and helpfull, the hotel is quite new, and the rooms a nice and roomy. The breakfast is also on the good side. I would recommend this hotel at any time

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korsoer
Comwell Soro Storkro
Sinatur Hotel Storebaelt
Hotel Frederik den II
Hotel Frederik den II
#6 of 8 in Slagelse

Been to Comwell Korsor? Share your experiences!