“Shop full of temptation”

Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Dwight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: For 38 years Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery has offered a unique shopping experience right in the heart of Muskoka, just west of Algonquin Park. Our log cabin gallery hosts an exquisite selection of fine craft and original art by over 100 Canadian artists and artisans. Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery is considered a "must stop" for locals, visitors and seasonal cottagers alike, as it continues to delight guests from around the bend and around the world. Please note our seasonal hours.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Craft Cabin is in a lovely spot surrounded by wild gardens. It changed hands about 7 weeks ago but the essential nature of the store has not changed. They carry a range of art by Canadian artists, paintings, metal work, glass works, wood objects for all price ranges. I saw a marvelous painting of the Muskokas but it was out of my price range at $1900. I would have loved it. Instead, I purchased a vividly painted ceramic milk jug for my milk bags. Much less expensive but it brought me enjoyment. They also have a selection of hand made jewelry - check out the kayak paddle earrings.

2  Thank MotherMJ