“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dwight
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rooms were clean, owners friendly. view was awesome. went up for my daughter's birthday, had a good time. easy to get to and even being -25 the one day, you were still able to get out do things. close to algonquin too

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Referred by a friend, we booked for a Saturday night to visit Algonquin in winter. Our first impression was a very friendly welcome! We booked based on availability with a note requesting a King room if one came up and indeed they were able to provide a nice size room with a very comfy King bed. The room was simple, clean, with a micro, fridge, and modern bath. A nice view of a pond beyond the trees and a good size property.
We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Great home cooking! Cabbage rolls were perfect! Breakfast was also great! And service was awesome!
We will definitely return and consider staying here again on our many trips from the city!
Just a lovely place!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dunnville
Reviewed December 16, 2012

we come to the resort several times over the winter, its the start of the rap tour for us which we do every February. awesome rooms for three to six people. There is a fridge, microwave, and full bathroom as well. they cater to snow mobilers in the winter. There is a variety store nearby also a bar/roadhouse type restaurant as well as the motels restaurant, food is awesome. reasonable rates. the best!

Room Tip: we usually travel with four people, so we get a cot for the night in a room for three. where the r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marianne J
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Clean, comfortable, friendly and well appointed. This is basic accommodation and not over-priced as many other properties in the area seem to be. We found the motel on-line and stayed for 2 nights in mid-October, unfortunately too chilly to make use of the lake activities but did day trips around the area. It is well located for Algonquin and Huntsville. The owners, Jack and Irene, Ozzie their beautiful Retriever and Nancy in the restaurant were friendly and very helpful. Although the property is on the main road, once inside you are unaware of the traffic, right on the lake-front and the rooms are quiet. The restaurant was cozy and pleasant, food adequate and home-style, nothing fancy. We picked a quiet time in the off-season with no hustle and bustle and enjoyed our stay. Not sure I would go in the summer when it's heaving with people.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep, especially with luggage, but view is better from 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I decided to visit Algonquin Park and needed a place to stay for one night. Spring Lake Resort rated well so I booked. The location to the park is convenient, it is close enough to Huntsville if you want to go into town for anything and the 8$ park pass is a small, but nice perk.

I pulled into town early, well before check in time. I stopped in to find out if I could pick up the half price park pass and the owner Irene was there to assist. She was great at finding out if it was my first trip and helped me find some recommended trails that was best suited to my interests. She was very friendly and her assistance was much appreciate.

I returned later and checked in to one of the suites. The suite that I had was situated lakeside on the lower level. There was lots of room, 2 queen beds and the entire room had been updated including the bathroom. As has been mentioned here by several posts, the room was immaculately clean. I did miss the fact that there was not a hairdrier and alarm clock but it was not a big issue. How tidy does your hair have to be when you are hiking 10K?

Was this a 5 star resort in the world of hotel ratings? No. But as for affordability, comfort, convenience and courtesy service, Spring Lake Resort is a 5 star in my books. If I visit the area again, I would stay here again without a second thought. Its nice to get good customer service and great value in one stop.

I didn't take any photos at Spring Lake Resort but I posted a few of my favorite pics of Algonquin. Its a beautiful area for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank S_Clark_Barrie
Liebefeld, Switzerland
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent three nights at the resort. The location is ideal as a starting point to go to the Algonquin Park. After returning from a day-trip in the Park one can relax at (or in) the small but beautiful lake. There are also canoes, paddle boats and toys for kids available for use and the staff is helpful and very friendly. The food is freshly prepared, very tasty and served by a charming and friendly waitress. We loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Rooms had ample space and was a good price, this is only a 15 min drive from the park entrance which is why I booked here. A few great things; we had bought a bottle of wine, they allowed us to take some glasses back to our rooms to enjoy, when I booked the room last minute there was only a double and a single bed, they allowed me to take a futon mattress in for the other couple we were with, when we arrived on a Friday night they were kind to check us in at 11:00, I just called ahead of time as traffic was horrible. We were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset after a long day at the park as well! The canoes and recreational equipment for the pond they have needs to be updated, most things are missing pieces and not safe to use but we weren't there for that, only for a place to sleep in after we were at the park all day.

As for any negative reviews if you are here just to enjoy this facility then I can understand why you would rate it low, it isn't a destination spot, however if all you need is a comfortable room to sleep so you can enjoy the park this is it. They had a fridge, big bathroom and plenty of space.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, although you will have to climb some stairs you wont get noises from ab...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IreneDwight, Owner at Spring Lake Resort Motel and Restaurant, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your review and your opinion about our facility and services, however, I would like to clarify that we just replaced a canoe and a pedal boat two weeks ago and our kayaks are not even 2 years old, so I have to disagree with your statement about the state of recreational equipment being offered on our lake.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dwight
Arowhon Pines
Algonquin Lakeside Inn
Algonquin Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Oxtongue Lake
The Lake of Bays Lodge

Been to Spring Lake Resort Motel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!